Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Tia83

Hi, new player needs advices on build

Posted (edited)

I like strategy a lot and for this reason I tend to play characters that are very sturdy, with lots of sustain, something that can eventually grind/fatigue the opponent. This adds a lot of thinking because the fight gets longer and there's a lot more to take into consideration, also this lets me stay more time on the battlefield and opens more strategic options for objective completions or mindgames. I used to play healers in wow, which I really enjoyed, but only in small scale fights, so I wonder if there's anything that could play similarly in crowfall. 

I don't care if I don't deal damage, support or anything other than surviving really. I just want to be an annoying fly tricking enemies to attack me and waste their time 😂

Also it doesn't have to be meta or mainstream, I like to play niche stuff, so don't be afraid to propose wierd non tested ideas

Edited by Tia83

3 hours ago, Tia83 said:

I just want to be an annoying fly tricking enemies to attack me and waste their time 😂

Hmm, maybe you will be the first to create an overpowered build for the new race/class combo Fae Knight!

tiPrpwh.png

5 hours ago, Tia83 said:

I like strategy a lot and for this reason I tend to play characters that are very sturdy, with lots of sustain, something that can eventually grind/fatigue the opponent. This adds a lot of thinking because the fight gets longer and there's a lot more to take into consideration, also this lets me stay more time on the battlefield and opens more strategic options for objective completions or mindgames. I used to play healers in wow, which I really enjoyed, but only in small scale fights, so I wonder if there's anything that could play similarly in crowfall. 

I don't care if I don't deal damage, support or anything other than surviving really. I just want to be an annoying fly tricking enemies to attack me and waste their time 😂

Also it doesn't have to be meta or mainstream, I like to play niche stuff, so don't be afraid to propose wierd non tested ideas

Unless its had some significant class changes i think Myrmidon fits this profile. They were the most annoying to try and kill because of their self heals and lots of HP.

On 7/28/2019 at 12:12 AM, Ble said:

Champion Pitfighter

I agree. The Pitfighter is what you are looking for.

I think there are several classes that would fit your desired bill. As already mentioned the Pit Fighter (Champion promotion class) is very tanky. It wears plate, and has options to self-heal. However, I would ask what small group composition you plan/are looking to fight with. In such a smaller group setting, classes that provide extra utility can be a huge benefit to the group. For example: a Myrmidon class has a Net Pull, on a very short cooldown, and I've used this a great many times to keep melee and other targets off my groups damage dealers. The Myrmidon can be self-sufficient in the Battle Rager promotion class (though its Berserk Crash can work against you), and it wears plate; as well as other promotion classes which wear mail (which can be pretty tanky once you skill into it), as there are options for self-healing with other skills besides Berserk. 

Mail armor is pretty tanky once you skill into it, and it allows you a decent final damage modifier. There are many classes and promotion classes that wear mail, or plate, so it really depends on what your group looks like.

Duelist promotion class of Dirge, wears plate. 

Assassin promotion class of Blackguard wears mail, and has self-healing through life-leach of its poisons, and barriers, and other skills.

Confessor promotion class (I can't remember which one) has access to plate, at the tradeoff of near melee range for attacks, but increased damage.

Some Druid promotions get mail.

Clerics get mail, and you have options of healing, DPS, or a hybrid of both.

Knights wear plate, and are pretty slick for keeping control of where a battle takes place--plus the Swordsman promotion is capable of being no slouch on the damage aspect. Like the Cleric, it they a shield, which means they can block: huge damage mitigation, plus CC immunity. 

Templars wear plate, and their block can trigger an AoE knockdown. Templars have options to spec into healing, damage, or CC. 

It really comes down to WHERE you plan to fight, and with WHOM. There's a lot of small scale opportunity in Crowfall, which can often lead into larger battles as both sides call in their reinforcements. If you can answer the WHERE, and then the with WHOM (your group composition, and where best you will fit), I think will better answer your question of what you might want to play.