Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
oneply

Inquiring minds want to know

Was the nerf to high elf extra necklace and Guinie extra ring intentional?

Seems like it must be a bug. Why would you remove hand of glory and fashion statement because of racial passives just to nerf those racial passives later? 

since it was done by cut not type, which is just lazy, there is 0 point to having the extra necklace. Unless of course that 1-3% Dmg/heal bonus is just so important one is willing to waste gems/resources for it  

on the Guinie, jewelcrafters and alchemist don’t get a crafting necklace. So the triple up on rings has a somewhat equalizer effect. Now since they use Baguette cut they are left with having to choose a square cut for any extra bonus. Problem is the square cut diamond doesn’t work and hasn’t since I’ve been playing. And the other crafting square cuts only have one stat worth anything. Guinie are also terrible woodworkers so no point arguing but but sapphire square.  

I don’t see this in the patch notes anywhere so.....

@vkromas @thomasblair @jtoddcoleman @ACE_FancyHats

Posted (edited)

Sledgehammer balancing.   First Swing: SMASH the ability for other races to have those benefits via minors.  Oops, too stronk, now all crafters/harvesters are HE or Guinny.  Second Swing: SMASH the reason people would want to run HE and Guinny as a crafter/harvester by making same cuts unique 2.

OH WOW EVERYTHING IS IN PIECES WHAT HAPPENED???

Edited by Ble

Posted (edited)

It might be another one of those "we are changing this now because of some other change we don't even have planned yet that will happen in the future" such as adding more cuts/jewelry options.  Like XP, grinding, major/minor placeholders etc.

Edited by Ble

A post on the ACE Dev Forums was made decrying the plight of the oppressed crafter that must now optimize as High Elf or Guinea Rat.

The kneejerk reaction from ACE was to nerf High Elf and Guinea Rat crafters (the combat potential of these races was collateral damage).

I personally don't get why people care what race their crafter should be.

Note: ACE cannot be faulted for not doing something and they were rapidly responsive.  I just wish they used those rapid response powers on things that mattered..... But what matters is different for each--apparently some couldn't handle crafters all being High-Elf.

If they’re going to add more cuts, something I have asked for, that’s awesome. But it’s still a lazy “fix” to do it by cut. Make it so you can’t wear 2 necro necklaces but you can wear a necro and blacksmith one. Or can’t wear 2 Crit dmg but you can wear a Crit dmg and basic attack dmg. 

And ya personally who cares what the crafter race is. Doesn’t matter what tweaks you do there’s going to be one/two races that are the best and min/maxers will all choose it. 

Amulets are available for runemaking, woodworking, necromancy, blacksmithing, and leatherworking. The following crafting trades are excluded from additional experimentation point: alchemy and jewelcrafting. Due to the lack of amulet option, alchemist and jewelcrafters are forced to use guinecean race for leveraging jewelry. The 3 ring nerf has killed these two professions while mildly impacting other trades with 2 amulets. If amulets were created for alchemy and jewelcrafting, they would have equal opportunity with other trades.

I get that the change was fixing a potential imbalance (as little as it may ultimately matter atm) and I’m slightly irked it made the passives mostly useless, but hey I can chalk that all up to work in progress for now and wish them luck figuring out a long term solution for this specific item.

But I’m not thrilled the restriction was stealth patched (after making a big deal of removing the passives publicly)  and was only talked about in the most restrictive venue we have...which I only got the rumor of an answer after we discovered the restriction on live.

I know it’s pre alpha and what not, and I’ll personally forgive a lot, but communication problems and some level of awareness needs to be expressed if you don’t want other people badmouthing or quitting on us.

lPoLZtm.png

It's unfortunate this change happened after characters were made and jewelry was crafted. All this does is create a new best race/class combination.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Angelmar said:

I personally don't get why people care what race their crafter should be.

Well firstly I imagine anytime some of the players see a High Elf they have some flash back of Soulein beating them and being elvish about it.  Secondly this game is built around diversity of choice, when there is no meaningful choice people should look at the issue at hand with questions (I also vote for pitchforks and armed mobs). 

Edited by mandalore

40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png