Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pann

The Trial of Arkon has begun

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Timing for The Trial of Arkon

  • Start: July 30 at 4PM CDT (NA) / 4PM CEST (EU)

  • End: August 13 at 10PM CDT (NA) / 10PM CEST (EU)

Note: To enter and fight in the Trial of Arkon players must be Level 20. 

Win Conditions

  • Gold Sigil of Arkon

    • Winning Faction:

      • Top 30% of players who have the highest ratio of: 

        • (Total Kills + (Assists/5)) divided by Deaths

    • 2nd Place Faction:

      • Top 20% players who have the highest ratio of: 

        • Total Kills divided by the total of Deaths + Assists

    • 3rd Place Faction:

      • Top 10% of players with the highest ratio of: 

        • Total Kills divided by the total of Deaths + Assists

READ MORE HERE

Edited by Pann
Updated revised Win Conditions

Valerie "Pann" Massey, Director of Community
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Pann said:

Timing for The Trial of Arkon

  • Start: June 30 at 4PM CDT (NA) / 4PM CEST (EU)

  • End: August 13 at 10PM CDT (NA) / 10PM CEST (EU)

Not even Yumx has enough power to travel back in time. 


40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, mandalore said:

Not even Yumx has enough power to travel back in time. 

Don't underestimate your fellow crow's. Stranger things already happened.

Edited by Kraahk

2W1ZHpA.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Kraahk said:

Don't underestimate your fellow crow's. Stranger things already happened.

Stranger than Yumx traveling back a month in time to play in the current trial while the old one was still ongoing?  Sounds like some satanic owl magic to me.  


40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Angelmar said:

Just to clarify:

Kills/(Deaths+Assists)=Points Ratio

Why does Arkon hate Crows that assist their fellow Crows in attaining Glory?

Testers said they would like to see some variety in the rulesets for campaigns. So, we decided to mix things up and value the killing blow more than an assist. Yes, kills + assists / deaths is the normal way to go about it, but we felt it fit the theme of Arkon's back story better for him to focus on taking the kills from other people (since he was given the sun after it was taken from this brother).

When the trial ends (read: after you have actually played out the entire campaign), tell us what you liked or didn't like about this winning condition. 


Valerie "Pann" Massey, Director of Community
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Pann said:

Testers said they would like to see some variety in the rulesets for campaigns. So, we decided to mix things up and value the killing blow more than an assist.

This doesn't make an assist more valued than a killing blow, it makes getting an assist COUNTER your killing blows. Fighting with others on your faction hurt your chances of ranking high, in this game all about player collaboration. Also as far as I know, you get an assist for killing players below level 30 - which opens up avenue for degenerate stuff.

This makes getting an assist on a kill equal to dying in terms of your ranking. My 90+ kills in a campaign and sub 25 deaths will place me lower than someone who gets 1 kill and dies twice, then logs out, because I'll also have over 250 assists.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lets give another example, this is @Darthbunbun's stat card:

Bunbun Last Campaign
Kills 135
Deaths 30
Assists 1,000
Score calculated for this campaign
135/(30+1,000) = .13

Random Assassin Score
Kills 10
Deaths 10
Assists 0
Score calulated for this campaign
10/(10+0)=1

Great. He won't place top of the scoreboard again but in the Lore would Arkon really value the other players input more?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

KDR equation where assists count as deaths, so the people that log in once and never actually play get gold badges and anyone that participates gets silver LMAO.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, galvia said:

This doesn't make an assist more valued than a killing blow, it makes getting an assist COUNTER your killing blows. Fighting with others on your faction hurt your chances of ranking high, in this game all about player collaboration. Also as far as I know, you get an assist for killing players below level 30 - which opens up avenue for degenerate stuff.

This makes getting an assist on a kill equal to dying in terms of your ranking. My 90+ kills in a campaign and sub 25 deaths will place me lower than someone who gets 1 kill and dies twice, then logs out, because I'll also have over 250 assists.

Galvia is is right what about your formula encourages me as a cleric to pvp. Hell im screwed just by participating in sieges and fort fights.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

If this is about getting killing blows, fine, make it Kills divided by deaths, but dividing by assists as well is awful.

 

Hell - make it pure kill count. That would be cool too.

Edited by galvia

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I can't believe someone decided this was a good idea. Just look at the leaderboards. The people who actually play would far and away have lowest scores.

 

Any group more than a single person is neutral at best, and gets more negative as the group grows. This is anti-fun.

Edited by smoo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Pann said:

Testers said they would like to see some variety in the rulesets for campaigns. So, we decided to mix things up and value the killing blow more than an assist. Yes, kills + assists / deaths is the normal way to go about it, but we felt it fit the theme of Arkon's back story better for him to focus on taking the kills from other people (since he was given the sun after it was taken from this brother).

When the trial ends (read: after you have actually played out the entire campaign), tell us what you liked or didn't like about this winning condition. 

Next trial Heals do damage and damage heals / but you can't heal the enemy factions or damage friendly! 

Victory Ratios are Heals over time / (Debuffs+Time Spent Recently Bandaged) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, galvia said:

Lets give another example, this is @Darthbunbun's stat card:

Bunbun Last Campaign
Kills 135
Deaths 30
Assists 1,000
Score calculated for this campaign
135/(30+1,000) = .13

Random Assassin Score
Kills 10
Deaths 10
Assists 0
Score calulated for this campaign
10/(10+0)=1

Great. He won't place top of the scoreboard again but in the Lore would Arkon really value the other players input more?

The Great Slayer in the Melee, the Victor on the Field, the Conqueror hoisting his Banner over the Ruins of a Stronghold, these are not the souls dear to Arkon.

Arkon values not the great deeds of many, but the small doings of the arrogant few.

Arkon is the Patron God of the Noob Ganker (and Zybak is his prophet).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Angelmar said:

The Great Slayer in the Melee, the Victor on the Field, the Conqueror hoisting his Banner over the Ruins of a Stronghold, these are not the souls dear to Arkon.

Arkon values not the great deeds of many, but the small doings of the arrogant few.

Arkon is the Patron God of the Noob Ganker (and Zybak is his prophet).

I'm glad you agree Angelmar. I'm gonna need a Fae vessel for this campaign :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Pann said:

Testers said they would like to see some variety in the rulesets for campaigns. So, we decided to mix things up and value the killing blow more than an assist. Yes, kills + assists / deaths is the normal way to go about it, but we felt it fit the theme of Arkon's back story better for him to focus on taking the kills from other people (since he was given the sun after it was taken from this brother).

When the trial ends (read: after you have actually played out the entire campaign), tell us what you liked or didn't like about this winning condition. 

When people said they wanted variety they meant something fun, what is my reason to go to a keep siege now, or a fort fight where someone may take a kill, screw the gods lore, if its not fun its not fun and no amount of "its the lore" will convince me otherwise

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

If you are going to do this, just make it K/D.

BUT

Why are healers screwed? Might as well just make it a +AP badge, and lets not forget about crafters who also get shafted.

 

Please do not try to use lore or "variety" as an excuse for what all your players are telling you is poor design.

Chaos and Balance agreeing on something......look at that

Edited by Ussiah

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...