Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pann

The Trial of Arkon has begun

58 minutes ago, Pann said:

When the trial ends (read: after you have actually played out the entire campaign), tell us what you liked or didn't like about this winning condition. 

Why wait until the end though when we can tell you right now why it is not a good idea?

Everything is done by hand correct? Or maybe an excel sheet? There is no automated system currently. The win condition could be changed now with 0 time spent doing so.

The decision making process over at ACE seems really really broken at the moment. Knee jerk reactions and poorly thought out consequences seem to becoming the norm. 

My goal now is to log in, kill 1 person, hopefully not die, then log out and wait til next campaign. That’s if I cared about the color of my badge. Going to be a real boring if people actually do care. 

I'm not sure what the thought was with this, Lore is not a good answer. there is no sense in rewarding someone who logs in once and gets a kill and logs out more than people who actually put in time and work to test and play the game, do sieges, and get tons of kills and assists. being punished for assists makes zero sense. atleast just remove assists from the equation if you want it to match lore.

This scoring mechanism actively punishes people for showing up to sieges and fort fights. Assists are inevitable in groups fights. The only way to avoid assists is to avoid group fights altogether.

Shouldn't the scoring mechanic incentivize behavior you want from players?

IhhQKY6.gif

1 hour ago, mandalore said:

Stranger than Yumx traveling back a month in time to play in the current trial while the old one was still ongoing?  Sounds like some satanic owl magic to me.  

Yeah. But I am not at liberty to share. Just let me say that it shouldn't be a surprise if some names appear in other happenings, too.

2W1ZHpA.jpg

23 minutes ago, Marth said:

unknown.png

❤️ @thomasblair

@Pann this 100% is how I feel about this.  Why punish healers?  Healing already feels like a chore in CF. 

40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

46 minutes ago, Marth said:

so log on an alt and kill it 10-20 times. ez

That’s actually pretty smart.  

40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

2 hours ago, Pann said:

Testers said they would like to see some variety in the rulesets for campaigns. So, we decided to mix things up and value the killing blow more than an assist. Yes, kills + assists / deaths is the normal way to go about it, but we felt it fit the theme of Arkon's back story better for him to focus on taking the kills from other people (since he was given the sun after it was taken from this brother).

When the trial ends (read: after you have actually played out the entire campaign), tell us what you liked or didn't like about this winning condition. 

It's like you're actively TRYING to misinterpret us.   We want a variety in the rulesets, yes.  But not in the badge reward criteria - that poorly made socks is meaningless.   We want variety in the winning side criteria.  Point accumulation for holding outposts, forts, and keeps determines the winner.  THAT is what we want varied.  Give us a bloodstone ruleset, or whatever.  Just not the same old same old every campaign.

1 hour ago, oneply said:

The decision making process over at ACE seems really really broken at the moment. Knee jerk reactions and poorly thought out consequences seem to becoming the norm.

Don't jump to conclusions - after all the badge color doesn't mean much

Oh look there are R7 resources and Raid Camps in the Temple Safe Zone!

1 hour ago, Angelmar said:

Arkon is the Patron God of the Noob Ganker (and Zybak is his prophet).

mur5PDL.png

As someone who's pulled off some pretty insane kill death ratios this is a horrible ruleset. It rewards certain classes more than others, actively punishes other classes, disincentives grouping, and makes people play passively. It's just bad...

If you want to have a bloodbath oriented ruleset make it Kills + Assists (and assists count as 1/3 of kills). Do not punish deaths. Don't force people to play passively and disincentive tanks to be tanks. 

2 minutes ago, Durenthal said:

It's like you're actively TRYING to misinterpret us.   We want a variety in the rulesets, yes.  But not in the badge reward criteria - that poorly made socks is meaningless.   We want variety in the winning side criteria.  Point accumulation for holding outposts, forts, and keeps determines the winner.  THAT is what we want varied.  Give us a bloodstone ruleset, or whatever.  Just not the same old same old every campaign.

I can appreciate their sentiment and I think everyone is maybe overreacting a tad, but MAN it doesn't really make sense lol.

But I agree here, when we want variety we want something that will change the game from the standpoint of strategy, at least as far as the last campaign was concerned. I guess at the end of the day, you really only have 4 columns of data on the spreadhseet and they're lacking ways of mixing it up from here.