Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pann

The Trial of Arkon has begun

8 minutes ago, Vicid said:

3Wh6CyJ.jpg

This might be the best CF meme I have ever seen. 

40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

Posted (edited)

Guys just click the read more and go to the actual page. It says this "((Total Kills + (Assists/5)) divided by Deaths" is the actual formula which makes much more sense. Just a typo or a misunderstanding you can all calm down.

Edited by Sophia_Scarlett

1 minute ago, Sophia_Scarlett said:

Guys just click the read more and go to the actual page. It says this "((Total Kills + (Assists/5)) divided by Deaths" is the actual formula which makes much more sense. Just a typo or a misunderstanding you can all calm down.

lol, it's been edited.

1 minute ago, Sophia_Scarlett said:

Well, they just changed it. Quite possibly because of the not-calm reaction...

IhhQKY6.gif

I'm still not a huge fan of punishing deaths and encouraging people to play passively. However this rule-set change is infinitely less dumb than the previous iteration. 

54 minutes ago, Vicid said:

Don't jump to conclusions - after all the badge color doesn't mean much

Not jumping. Just analyzing several decisions made over the last few months. They show a pattern that would lead me to conclude there is a failure at some point in the process. 

Posted (edited)

The main issue with punishing deaths is that it punishes harvesting, actually being a tank, and for the most part playing the game.

If I cared about the reward I would just hop on my Assassin, get a few kills, and not play the campaign again. Going 5-0 is better than going 40-10. 

MMO players will literally not have fun playing your game to get rewards.

Edited by ZYBAK

31 minutes ago, Sophia_Scarlett said:

Lol you do understand they changed it to the assist/5 formula after we all bitched?  

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

Sadly I hadn't seen what formula was going to be used until it went up.

In the future Design will provide a series of vetted formulas that may be used for a variety of campaign types.

*Crawls back into the Dregs work*

Thomas Blair
ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.
Follow us on Twitter 
@CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

Well that all escalated and then deescalated quickly.   

wiDfyPp.png

*Screams in druid*

Man we gotta find a way to get healers up on the boards. Sometimes when I play Earthkeeper I don't even get to pull out my death tray and hit anyone, so where's my assist for making sure everyone's eatin' my balls? Classes are niche here, and I really don't wanna learn a dps class just for a shiny.

Need some healing and rez points on that leaderboard O: Or set assists to consider group participation, like how leadership buffs use a set range to activate.