Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pann

The Trial of Arkon has begun

Posted (edited)

You should totally change it again to Kills / (Deaths - (Assists/5)) (min 1)

5 assists takes a death off your score, basically. Encourages conflict better IMO

Edited by Hi.

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, Pann said:

Testers said they would like to see some variety in the rulesets for campaigns. So, we decided to mix things up and value the killing blow more than an assist. Yes, kills + assists / deaths is the normal way to go about it, but we felt it fit the theme of Arkon's back story better for him to focus on taking the kills from other people (since he was given the sun after it was taken from this brother).

When the trial ends (read: after you have actually played out the entire campaign), tell us what you liked or didn't like about this winning condition. 

Believe some are looking forward to Campaign rulesets that change how a campaign works from start to finish. The actual game and how we play changes. Different win conditions and ways to reach victory together, not just individual trophies.

The Bloodstone Ruleset from 4 years ago would be a good example of what I assume we as a whole would enjoy more then the slight variations of individual point gain options.

Bloodstone would change how we play towards victory of the Throne War, not just maybe change our individual actions to game the system for the chance to be one of the ~20% that get a prettier participation trophy.

Is there any plans to add larger ruleset options prior to launch? Or is point accumulation from circles/siege going to be the gold standard for the foreseeable future?

I'd like to see limited race/class, no magic, only range, no healers, different campaign length options, but those are rather minor and more of limitations then larger Throne War level ruleset options.

As a side note, why do gods care about point accumulation before a world goes poof? Which one is actually counting the numbers? Using lore to justify game mechanics can be interesting.

@thomasblair

Edited by APE

Posted (edited)

@APE Bloodstone ruleset is from year 2015. :D

Well contact/call EA @Tyrant and if we only had 1% of Apex Legends member base at Respawn Entertainment -  give them Trammel anything to keep the boat floating above the water. I hate to see the project die out since Shadowbane was such a classic strategic wargame and fun. We could need more experience developers to create a more exciting combat system, and simplify part of the crafting systems, and contact Twitch Rivals for an e-sport competition and give out start with 1000$ prize pool divided among top 3 guilds to motivate guilds & new players to get into the game so people want to actually learn it. 

I said it in year 2015 dont make the game too complicated to compete in pvp - variety items are nice and powers, but the vessel system is a nightmare and really bad executed by ACE - if necromancy had anything to do with summoning and creating creatures instead of character advancement..

Edited by mythx

MQfHl7c.png

Crowfall Game Client: https://www.crowfall.com/en/client/

On 7/30/2019 at 9:39 PM, Heartsteel said:

*Screams in druid*

Man we gotta find a way to get healers up on the boards. Sometimes when I play Earthkeeper I don't even get to pull out my death tray and hit anyone, so where's my assist for making sure everyone's eatin' my balls? Classes are niche here, and I really don't wanna learn a dps class just for a shiny.

Need some healing and rez points on that leaderboard O: Or set assists to consider group participation, like how leadership buffs use a set range to activate.

@Heartsteelso where's my assist for making sure everyone's eatin' my balls?

I have said that for years sir years!!!

Thanks for the test and the laughs!

Azsh!

Azsh

On 8/1/2019 at 5:01 AM, mythx said:

@APE Bloodstone ruleset is from year 2015. :D

Well contact/call EA @Tyrant and if we only had 1% of Apex Legends member base at Respawn Entertainment -  give them Trammel anything to keep the boat floating above the water. I hate to see the project die out since Shadowbane was such a classic strategic wargame and fun. We could need more experience developers to create a more exciting combat system, and simplify part of the crafting systems, and contact Twitch Rivals for an e-sport competition and give out start with 1000$ prize pool divided among top 3 guilds to motivate guilds & new players to get into the game so people want to actually learn it. 

I said it in year 2015 dont make the game too complicated to compete in pvp - variety items are nice and powers, but the vessel system is a nightmare and really bad executed by ACE - if necromancy had anything to do with summoning and creating creatures instead of character advancement..

It is a rare day when I disagree with everything in a post.

I disagree with everything in this post. Here is a bulleted list of why. I still love you mythx.

• Apex Legends was a fluke and its numbers have consistently tanked after the stealth-launch hype subsided, not to mention it has the financial backing of EA so you're comparing apples and oranges. In the scope of how much money was spent to develop it apex legends is doing terrible.
  • The whole point of funding crowfall this way is so they don't have to compromise for publishers and create trammel-like half measures that don't fit the game.
  • The core functionality of the combat system and crafting systems are fine. Combat is missing balance fine tuning (which we've already been told is on the powers team's hit list in 9000 years after frostweaver releases) and crafting is missing factories and needs to drop the pointless slot unlocks. Neither of these things needs a major overhaul, they need the same minor tweaks one would expect from a project at this stage of development.
  • Games of this scale and length are not good fits for the esports market. Stop trying to make everything esports. There are very few games that are actually good esports. Most games that try to lean in to esports without a community forming naturally waste tons of money for PR and hype that never materializes, and shortchange their communities in the process by focusing on pointless nonsense.
  • Necromancy is one of the most unique and interesting systems in crowfall, and even with necromancy in play Crowfall's character development systems are substantially less complicated than shadowbane's. If anything Crowfall's character development systems could stand to be more complicated, not less. Necromancy is one of the few things in the current state of the game that is actually really well executed and doesn't feel like its missing key components or balance. We need more things like necromancy, not less.
  • We don't need another copy/paste feature and they already have a design for combat pets on the table as it was a kickstarter stretch goal. Personally I think combat pets in a PvP game are a terrible idea but it was on the stretch goals so its gonna happen eventually whether I like it or not.
  • We don't need some kind of bribery to convince people to play the game. GW2 tried that, cash prizes without changes to the underlying core mechanisms that were actually responsible for low involvement numbers. It actually damaged the game's reputation as pros literally bragged about how winning was essentially free money due to lack of competition and broken PvP balance. Arenanet lost a ton of money trying to build a hype train that never materialized that they could have spent building a more hype-worthy game. And that was a post-release game after an expansion. This is not even a beta product. Unless you're valve or Blizzard and have money to burn, leave esports organizing to the professionals and spend your money actually building the damn game. You can aggressively market it when its finished enough to be worth marketing.

PopeSigGIF.gif

Rub rock on face and say "Yes food is eaten now time for fight"

Yeah it was a bit of a desperate moment and panic thoughts some weeks ago, but I really enjoy Crowfall and will promote it until game is officially released. However what I can do is limited compare to the big name streamers on twitch like Shroud, and truth is barely 1% of the total twitch community knows about CF existence.

MQfHl7c.png

Crowfall Game Client: https://www.crowfall.com/en/client/

Mostly 

Counting PvE deaths in a PvP caculation is just... well -not- optimal imo.  In fact it's really annoying.

If you then also add to the equation that not every player kill counts and that melee vs ranged vs healers is a very different scenario there is too larger of an imbalance to the score. 

The top scoring across the board are : Ranged… 
The Lacking : Healers
The wrecked : Melee.

Huginn ok Muninn, fljúga hverjan dag, Jörmungrund yfir; óumk ek of Hugin,, at hann aftr né komi-t, þó sjámk meir of Munin

Gathering of Ranger videos

22 hours ago, mythx said:

Yeah it was a bit of a desperate moment and panic thoughts some weeks ago, but I really enjoy Crowfall and will promote it until game is officially released. However what I can do is limited compare to the big name streamers on twitch like Shroud, and truth is barely 1% of the total twitch community knows about CF existence.

I am not at all disturbed by this. The game is far from finished, has not had any kind of serious PR push, and is in a very niche genre.

Twitch views don't determine if a game is good. They only determine if people like to watch it be played. Twitch is not an indicator of the health or quality of a game or its community. They're a measure of how many streamers feel like playing the game. That's it. Twitch is not that important.

PopeSigGIF.gif

Rub rock on face and say "Yes food is eaten now time for fight"

26 minutes ago, Xarrayne said:

@Soulreaver I agree, but for the sake of internet points I have to say that you forgot The exception:

e73aa6c8f5ccc78964f03d6d4f3f5426.png

The People's Elbow is always on target :lol: 

I was generalising (sp), mostly to make a point.  To which there will always be exceptions.

@DarthBunBun well played mate, have a sneaking suspision that you also had a good grp covering your back - so cudos to them as well.

Huginn ok Muninn, fljúga hverjan dag, Jörmungrund yfir; óumk ek of Hugin,, at hann aftr né komi-t, þó sjámk meir of Munin

Gathering of Ranger videos

19 hours ago, Soulreaver said:

Mostly 

Counting PvE deaths in a PvP caculation is just... well -not- optimal imo.  In fact it's really annoying.

If you then also add to the equation that not every player kill counts and that melee vs ranged vs healers is a very different scenario there is too larger of an imbalance to the score. 

The top scoring across the board are : Ranged… 
The Lacking : Healers
The wrecked : Melee.

If there were more small scale stuff which this campaign did not have due to r8s in God's reach melee would of been higher on the kill list. Large scale stuff definetly benefit range more and even healers in a way due to assists.melee get screwed in large scale except for templates imo due to executes and there rather good survivability and aoe to wrack up kills and assists. 

Veeshan Midst of UXA

18 hours ago, Xarrayne said:

@Soulreaver I agree, but for the sake of internet points I have to say that you forgot The exception:

e73aa6c8f5ccc78964f03d6d4f3f5426.png

The People's Elbow is always on target :lol: 

I'll relish in the fact on of those death was from me in a 3v2. 

I just dislike I have 6 death from pve out of my 20 or so. 

Veeshan Midst of UXA

1 hour ago, veeshan said:

I just dislike I have 6 death from pve out of my 20 or so. 

I came out with a (k+a/5)/d score of 5.6. Without the PvE deaths it would have been 17.

I've said it before but, we should be dying in PvE and it should not be scored against us. If we're not dying to PvE, either the game is to easy or we're sandbagging the content.