Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

For PvP there needs to be allowed more then 5 man party's or at least the heals shouldn't be party base. A faction member should be allowed to heal other faction members. Also there should be some kind of a different emblem for the party leader so the zerge can follow the leader easier and stacking to go into a fight makes it faster. (I understand you can still run a zerge without a emblem). Yes it maybe be like other MMO wit this but it allows for way better zerge fights. At the minimum faction should be able to heal faction and pick vessels up that are K.O. (Cleric has a AOE heal that is the only one that I've seen heal outside other groups) 

Posted (edited)

Most heals that are AoE or Targeted work outside the party. Only druid orbs and non targeting “heal your party or someone in party based on condition” abilities do not.

Edited by Duffy

lPoLZtm.png

As somebody who was intentionally trying to let a loot ninja die last night, I can confirm what Duffy said...  Little bastid...

Why waste time being toxic? There are plenty of other people on the internet already doing that.

4 minutes ago, Skraylok said:

As somebody who was intentionally trying to let a loot ninja die last night, I can confirm what Duffy said...  Little bastid...

Be nice, we recruited that loot ninja and some of their friends 😛

lPoLZtm.png

2 hours ago, twitchy_play said:

Well then need to talk to our healers then :) thanks for the help on that.

What about bigger party's?

They’ve said a few times they aren’t planning to increase party size. 

Something else to keep in mind about healing: it’s very very dependent on support power and a good weapon. Suboptimal gear or bad stat choices will severely decrease a healers capabilities.

lPoLZtm.png

Could do a raid team UI of sorts - while groups still limited to 5 people, you could still see UI representing all the parties within the group (as many games do).  Helps healers and group leaders in a general sense of understanding the level of pressure their group is under.

People have been asking for larger group size for years.  There are two major constraints to this:

1.  The devs have voiced concerned over UI clutter.  Larger groups means more health and buff/debuffs jammed into the left of the screen. 

2.  I suspect it would take time to go through every ability and change their targets.  If heals are hitting more people, you probably wanna have every ability scale to reflect that.  Time = money and that means while somebody is changing and verifying all those numbers they aren’t working on dregs. 

40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

On 7/31/2019 at 10:01 PM, Damarus said:

Could do a raid team UI of sorts - while groups still limited to 5 people, you could still see UI representing all the parties within the group (as many games do).  Helps healers and group leaders in a general sense of understanding the level of pressure their group is under.

I prefer the way it is now. The small group size and lack of easy information about your allies positions or status makes managing and participating in larger scale fights require a much greater degree of situational awareness, and player organizational skills which in turn opens up many more avenues for enemies to exploit your lack of situational awareness or organization with clever strategy. That more than anything is why W and HoA are doing so well. They don't outnumber people. They're literally outplaying an often superior force of numbers through a combination of tight group compositions, good crafting econ, and superior field command decisions and awareness.

I've played enough "read the interface and ignore the view" mass battles in MMOs to be thoroughly bored with them.

The chaos inherent in having to physically look around to see where allies or enemies are and how they're doing makes for a much more enjoyable mass battle experience.

Edited by PopeUrban

PopeSigGIF.gif

Rub rock on face and say "Yes food is eaten now time for fight"

@PopeUrban I'm good with that logic.  I don't fear that the UI will force folks to 'ignore the view' as much as other might (the irony of those big clunky UI is that they give so much information, that they pretty much give no information), but I also don't think it's needed at the moment.  The game currently does well with focusing on the viewport and not the side panel.

1 minute ago, veeshan said:

I still think leadership skill in skill tree could be used to increase group size as a master nodes (last node)

That would require balancing all the group effects around the assumption of the larger group size, which would in turn require balancing the game around the assumption every group has leadership training available.

That is a far more powerful buff than any other buff in the game after its all said and done, to the point it is virtually required as there's no comparable gear or skill train that can make up for not having it.

That doesn't line up with the Crowfall design philosophy of "many ways to reach the cap" as in this case there would be exactly one way to reach the group cap.

PopeSigGIF.gif

Rub rock on face and say "Yes food is eaten now time for fight"