Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bellson

3 Faction Systems Don't Work

11 hours ago, mystafyi said:

So we went from discussing 3 faction issues and devolved into arguing over the subjective level of participation of players for a half finished pre-alpha game? I am curious as to how many kills one needs to be relevant on an unrelated topic?

been in 4 fights this current camp, 1 kill, 0 deaths, 40 assists on a healer, it takes about an hour to beat oneplys last camp score

hoayaga2.jpg

There will always be one underdog in 3 faction scenario. But there are also many ways to balance it out. There could be upkeep for holding teritories, or maybe some kind of world buff that affects stats or even gains from gathering and mob farming drops which decrease the more faction points you have and vice versa. I believe that in the end there are plenty of possible ways to balance it out.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

So, being a gamer for over 30+y now, one thing I have noticed in any game where there's a forced "Faction" chose it brakes down quickly. For the testing phase this is a good place holder. In a more polished version and when it dose not cost RL money to make guilds, guilds will be the way to go, each they're own faction in they're own right. I understand that there's other modes in the works that dose this, and in these modes true coopetition will take the fore front. 

I do think the other option is to make the deities Factions among themselves. This is how things will be a little more diverse, but in the end, when players have the choice things will quickly unbalance. To truly fix this in the current campaign setup would be to force join the faction with the lowest player count when entering that campaign. I'm sure ACE will get nothing but grief if this was done, ( well at least until the DREGS servers are online ).

I'm sure though that ACE has some surprises for us in the future on these things and much more. I'm glad I've joined the community and look forward to what the future holds.

The reason the dregs will be an improvement is that " Faction"(Alliance) numbers will be adjusted mid campaign.

Mercenaries can be hired.

Deals can be made.

Territory can be divided and "owned"

Betrayal is an option.

www.lotd.org       pking and siege pvp since 1995

It doesn´t even work with two factions. I´ve seen enough 10 minute games where crappy ppl left the losing team to join the winning side. And I´ve seen the same "wintraders" (what do they trade, bad karma and self-neglection for a win?!) in WoW, where they abandoned their guilds to get carried on the other side with an unbalance of 10:1.

I suggest an adjudgement (more dmg, more CC-resistance) for the next campaign which only works for those who stick to their faction.

You can add all the silly socks you want. If there is a reward and a scoring system in place then all the majority will care about is getting said reward or being on the top of the scoreboard.

23 minutes ago, oneply said:

You can add all the silly socks you want. If there is a reward and a scoring system in place then all the majority will care about is getting said reward or being on the top of the scoreboard.

totally agree, have seen it in many games.  Many people will chase the winning team and scoreboard, no matter the costs. I know folks that only play certain games just to get steam achievements. I am being serious, they dislike the game but grind it out just to get some badges or awards that means nothing and is, in effect nothing. 

On 8/27/2019 at 5:37 PM, DoomYa said:

I suggest an adjudgement (more dmg, more CC-resistance) for the next campaign which only works for those who stick to their faction.

Cool. So The people currently winning will win even harder next time.

Make it retroactive. I demand my two or three years worth of bonus damage for remaining in the balance faction.

PopeSigGIF.gif

Rub rock on face and say "Yes food is eaten now time for fight"

10 hours ago, PopeUrban said:

Cool. So The people currently winning will win even harder next time.

Make it retroactive. I demand my two or three years worth of bonus damage for remaining in the balance faction.

What would it adjust that way? Please excuse that I left room for misinterpretetions. The bonus should be handed only to the losing faction. 

7 hours ago, DoomYa said:

What would it adjust that way? Please excuse that I left room for misinterpretetions. The bonus should be handed only to the losing faction. 

Cool. I'll put one of my accounts in order to benefit from the bonuses and trade all my loot to my balance character to win campaigns with.

Call me old fashioned but I don't think rewarding people for playing worse is a good system.

PopeSigGIF.gif

Rub rock on face and say "Yes food is eaten now time for fight"