Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Yumx

Warstory: 8 v 20 Fight outside of keep

The first siege in the Trial of Arkon, Order showed up with 20 people to start with, and we had not built our walls up.
We met them at one of the walls.

Later in the evening Order had even more people, and it ended out in a long stand off inside the keep.

pJ5xyok.png
My Twitch - My Youtube - Apply to Vanguard HERE!

Posted (edited)

A great video and a good guild @Yumx good quality players, but the combat feels really slow paced - like when you rank up in Apex Legends and used to that kind of pace, but it is not an mmo. However I wish ACE focus on healing/armor/health factors and balance it correctly with dps, because it need to be quicker pace with focus fire as well in group vs group combat. 

I look back to Shadowbane after 7 years in that game - and that is kind of pace I think about it was much easier to focus fire in large scale combat with org. guilds so that need polish part of overall armor/healing powers/health, and damage from powers. And I know that some healing powers is too op with the champ which need to be nerfed. Also some part of the animation feels kind of slow in combat especially the mage class. And I hope the Frostweaver have more instant cast type of spells, and I think ideally you need to re work the whole fire mage/confessor class to give it more instant type of spells so combat get more interesting, and not too slow pace animations, and try to avoid that espcially on spell casters. I would love to see the Cleric re work too with similar reasoning some spells are too slow animated. @jtoddcoleman

I mostly play moba league of legends rank, Apex legends rank, Pubg. I hope they add another dev. team and delay the launch with some years and hopefully @Tyrant call EA, Respawn Entertainment get combat help from experienced game designers concerning combat animations. It could be huge and want the game to be successful and attract other players into the game who are not into mmo as well. 

Edited by mythx

MQfHl7c.png

Crowfall Game Client: https://www.crowfall.com/en/client/

2 hours ago, mythx said:

A great video and a good guild @Yumx good quality players, but the combat feels really slow paced - like when you rank up in Apex Legends and used to that kind of pace, but it is not an mmo. However I wish ACE focus on healing/armor/health factors and balance it correctly with dps, because it need to be quicker pace with focus fire as well in group vs group combat. 

I look back to Shadowbane after 7 years in that game - and that is kind of pace I think about it was much easier to focus fire in large scale combat with org. guilds so that need polish part of overall armor/healing powers/health, and damage from powers. And I know that some healing powers is too op with the champ which need to be nerfed. Also some part of the animation feels kind of slow in combat especially the mage class. And I hope the Frostweaver have more instant cast type of spells, and I think ideally you need to re work the whole fire mage/confessor class to give it more instant type of spells so combat get more interesting, and not too slow pace animations, and try to avoid that espcially on spell casters. I would love to see the Cleric re work too with similar reasoning some spells are too slow animated. @jtoddcoleman

I mostly play moba league of legends rank, Apex legends rank, Pubg. I hope they add another dev. team and delay the launch with some years and hopefully @Tyrant call EA, Respawn Entertainment get combat help from experienced game designers concerning combat animations. It could be huge and want the game to be successful and attract other players into the game who are not into mmo as well. 

Yeah @Yumx get on that. 

Posted (edited)

Brief combat is garbage and slow - it`s a huge pile of slow animated spells in the confessor class which take too long to cast which should be instant not slow animated spell animations. I nod off everytime I try out that confessor class since Hunger Dome so I decided to avoid the class completely until they rework the powers and animations on their spells. 

So cross fingers that the Frostweaver have more instant spells that hit the target instantly when you click on the hot keys.  

Besides 20 v 8 if they know wtf. they are doing in this game you guys should be dead, but everything is so clunky and slow which look like a basic pvp system with no depth. 

I usually troll here in the past, but combat could be improved. I am aware that guys enjoy to defend the current combat system with powers who play active right now, but a lot of things that could be improved on different aspects of the combat system including old spell powers since this projected started and in Hunger Dome and I mention the confessor, because the class could be improved and be fun to play a fire elemental mage.  

And Nothing wrong to call EA to get a well known publisher - so delay the launch couple of years and get rewarded when the game is polished, and I am not even talking about advertisement cost and other benefits with a well known publisher like EA.

F2p Apex Legends still have millions of players world wide - in an attempt to save CF.   

Edited by mythx

MQfHl7c.png

@mythx I think all that stuff should go into a feedback thread somewhere, not here.
And EA man .. We'd like to avoid lootboxes and what not.

You can't compare an MMO still in pre-alpha, to a fast paced Battle Royale FPS.
If everything becomes instant, why have animations at all?

You have to realize you need a visual indicator of when an enemy starts casting a power, so you can react to it.
Almost all powers does hit targets instantly when they are fired off.

pJ5xyok.png
My Twitch - My Youtube - Apply to Vanguard HERE!

5 hours ago, mythx said:

And Nothing wrong to call EA to get a well known publisher - so delay the launch couple of years and get rewarded when the game is polished, and I am not even talking about advertisement cost and other benefits with a well known publisher like EA.

F2p Apex Legends still have millions of players world wide - in an attempt to save CF.   

Your post was about 'clunky combat', I am unsure what you think a publisher like EA will do for that.

On 8/3/2019 at 1:31 AM, mythx said:

Anti healing doesn’t exist in CF and without it you were unlikely to kill an organized group with healers.  In SB I could bring reliable anti healing mechanics: I could attack a healers mana, I could reduce stats, I could lower their restoration skill, I could block heals.  I could do any of that and expose my target to a specific damage type and then just decimate them if they didn’t call for the removal of their shadowmantle.  CF doesn’t have any of that so it’s hard to compare the two.

tldr; CF healing is strong and if it remains strong we need reliable ways to counter it that aren’t over powered insta kills.  It’s a delicate balance and I don’t envy Blair.  

40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

Posted (edited)

Yeah I agree with your latest reply @Yumx - yes true @mandalorePersonally it`s a thing from other mmos who use visual indicators, but SB did not use it fortunately, but they had powerful healing powers back in 2002 which had combat depths.

In moba you need to know all the classes and their powers and be good at positioning espeically in rank play - very little visual indicators and delay powers on spell animations to warn other players when I cast a spell is not a good fluid combat experience or mechanic. But it`s fine with visual indicators on AI or creatures to show what their plan is in their next attack. 

Edited by mythx

MQfHl7c.png