Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tyrannicall

Trial of Arkon = Trial of Gods Reach

Posted (edited)

So Crowfall has become Minecraft now? Actually correction I think Minecraft has more combat then the current CW. With gods reach available to farm to your hearts desire with 0 consequences you are only encouraging people to do whatever they can to avoid conflict. All this talk about making a crowfall a PvP focused game but the majority of the population is avoiding PvP like its the plague.  Can we maybe limit imports to like 5? Maybe shut down GR? there needs to be some sort of balancing done or your CW's will never succeed.

Edited by Tyrannicall

11 minutes ago, Tyrannicall said:

So Crowfall has become Minecraft now? Actually correction I think Minecraft has more combat then the current CW. With gods reach available to farm to your hearts desire with 0 consequences you are only encouraging people to do whatever they can to avoid conflict. All this talk about making a crowfall a PvP focused game but the majority of the population is avoiding PvP like its the plague.  Can we maybe limit imports to like 5? Maybe shut down GR? there needs to be some sort of balancing done or your CW's will never succeed.

people pvp in minecraft tho

They also need to get rid of the wartribes and resources at the beachhead. With God's Reach existing I don't see why this is here in the first place. 

Just now, ZYBAK said:

They also need to get rid of the wartribes and resources at the beachhead. With God's Reach existing I don't see why this is here in the first place. 

completely agree

Limiting imports is the only real quick fix to this. However if they limit them too much then people won't be able to bring in alternate characters from God's Reach.

The new tech that splits resources from mob rank needs to be finished yesterday. 😞

53 minutes ago, Tyrannicall said:

So Crowfall has become Minecraft now? 

ACE has been adding evermore PvE or grinding mechanics since last summer despite objections. I don't expect this to change anytime soon.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, ZYBAK said:

Yeah have not seen a single person farming anything in the campaign world PvE wise, only seen one group harvesting mothernodes in the campaign aswell so no harvesters and no pve players to draw content for PvP.
Atm PvP seem to be wait till somone attacks a respawn point then try and get a group to fight it, cause randomly running around looking for other people randomly running around in the campaign and not the beachhead is a impossible task if actually running into somone.

Imo Gods reach should be limited to green quality gear/resources max
and Beachhead/temples should not have any resources or Wild tribes in, tbh i think its a better idea to allow players to fill a NPC request for x resources from the faction to unlock more thing in the temple like vendors slots or even tempory buffs when the temple gets upgraded enough.

Edited by veeshan

Veeshan Midst of UXA

1 hour ago, twitchy_play said:

TAKE OFF SIEGE TIMERS AND TURN ON WORLD NOTIFICATIONS TO EVERY WORLD WHEN SOMETHING IS BEING CAPTURED OR TAKEN!

Please god no, we already did that it was horrible and no one PvPed.

We spent a couple hours wandering around killing bosses today and didn’t see anyone. Also ya know glad you wanna beat up our gatherers? The goal is to kinda trying to avoid fighting you when we’re farming.

Also amused everyone is complaining about GR when imports haven’t really worked for more than the first day of the campaign.

lPoLZtm.png

2 minutes ago, Duffy said:

We spent a couple hours wandering around killing bosses today and didn’t see anyone. Also ya know glad you wanna beat up our gatherers? The goal is to kinda trying to avoid fighting you when we’re farming.

Also amused everyone is complaining about GR when imports haven’t really worked for more than the first day of the campaign.

I play from 2am to 7am est time I work. I can't do anything besides take outpost and one fort...... and when seige times are down they go and pve siege timers dont work.....

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Duffy said:

What ideally should be happening is you send out a group of harvesters with pvpers as protection. Do you really think being able to harvest without risk should be a thing? I think yall actually had a group out in the cw last night so props for that. 

Edited by Tyrannicall

3 hours ago, Tyrannicall said:

What ideally should be happening is you send out a group of harvesters with pvpers as protection. Do you really think being able to harvest without risk should be a thing? I think yall actually had a group out in the cw last night so props for that. 

That was us, our Molehunter failed us. 

And I don't believe that's what Duffy said, he was congratulating you on killing a group of people that were farming and hence not geared for PvP. If he had known, he would have mentioned the fact that you guys outnumbered us like 6/7 to 4. 

But your execution... I hope you guys got that on video. I've never had a trap snap so cleanly on me before lol. Props on that. 

4 hours ago, Tyrannicall said:

Problem is it’s all the same people, I don’t have enough people to split responsibilities. We got them out doing various things but their doing their best to avoid fights or useing classes that can stealth. If you don’t see our hamster gathering team that means it’s working 😛

Besides anytime we do run into a fight things tend to quickly escalate, it’s a waste of time to fight a bunch of gankers while farming so we leave the area. The whole goal is to avoid fighting and farm.

7 hours ago, twitchy_play said:

I play from 2am to 7am est time I work. I can't do anything besides take outpost and one fort...... and when seige times are down they go and pve siege timers dont work.....

When theirs no timers people just take things without fighting. Worse case people just roll in real quick when they have numbers and roll out,  no fighting. Best case we run in circles capping things from each other until someone gets bored and goes to bed. Which then turns back into worse case. No siege times makes less PvP.

lPoLZtm.png

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Duffy said:

Problem is it’s all the same people, I don’t have enough people to split responsibilities. We got them out doing various things but their doing their best to avoid fights or useing classes that can stealth. If you don’t see our hamster gathering team that means it’s working 😛

Besides anytime we do run into a fight things tend to quickly escalate, it’s a waste of time to fight a bunch of gankers while farming so we leave the area. The whole goal is to avoid fighting and farm.

When theirs no timers people just take things without fighting. Worse case people just roll in real quick when they have numbers and roll out,  no fighting. Best case we run in circles capping things from each other until someone gets bored and goes to bed. Which then turns back into worse case. No siege times makes less PvP.

Just to clarify I wasn't trying to talk poorly made socks or anything. I do understand the need to avoid combat when harvesting, time in combat obviously greatly affects how efficient harvesting is So Im not trying to say that avoiding combat is cowardly when harvesting because ideally that's the goal. Im actually quite happy that there are people who still weigh the risk reward and harvest out in the CW same as us. My issue isn't with people hiding while harvesting in the CW that's normal stuff. My problem is that you can hide in GR and avoid conflict completely.

@Samulus Not sure if we got it on video we actually saw you completely by accident. Some of us were about to log when luzaca spotted yall lol. 

Edited by Tyrannicall

29 minutes ago, Tyrannicall said:

Just to clarify I wasn't trying to talk poorly made socks or anything. I do understand the need to avoid combat when harvesting, time in combat obviously greatly affects how efficient harvesting is So Im not trying to say that avoiding combat is cowardly when harvesting because ideally that's the goal. Im actually quite happy that there are people who still weigh the risk reward and harvest out in the CW same as us. My issue isn't with people hiding while harvesting in the CW that's normal stuff. My problem is that you can hide in GR and avoid conflict completely.

@Samulus Not sure if we got it on video we actually saw you completely by accident. Some of us were about to log when luzaca spotted yall lol. 

Not gonna lie, that ambush had me salty at myself for reacting so poorly. But it is what it is. Despite all the gobs of stuff on me I hadn't banked recently, we still came out well after farming for as long as we had. 

So the reward outweighs the risk if you ask me, the diff of R7's from R10's is still worth the danger. Considering that HoA (in this instance) probably had blue quality mats in ample supply 3 days ago, we didn't exactly lose anything that gave away an upper hand. 

People who pay attention and aren't bad like I was last night wouldn't have lost what I did lol. 

All of these systems at the same time did seem to water down the PVP in the campaign. GR certainly will be changed, I believe it is just how it is now because that's where we all were for 5 days and would have reached the "ceiling" of it in a few hours (if it were completely tuned to be the "newbie" zone that it will be).

Additionally there are SO MANY R10 mobs/nodes in the campaign it's easy for gatherers to be unnoticed. Not just the amount overall, but where they are located. Both outside the keeps/forts and the portals to the temples. Compound that with the world banking system and it's hard to PvP other than the pure sake of PvPing.. Of all the people I've killed, once they realized they were done, they stopped moving, opened their bank and deposited everything of value. Essentially, it is totally safe to farm in GR, and highly safe farming right outside of keeps/forts/temple portals so that is where most people do it.. and then it is also "highly safe" to do out in the world because nobody is going to be checking the 100s of other spots. 

Plus the way the scoring system works, a lot of groups are content with waiting a week until fall to start capping things and use the catch-up mechanic. I do realize the intent of Spring/Summer is to gather and then more combat in fall/winter but it shouldn't be this lopsided to where people have 0 interest (and thus incentive) to go for points early in a campaign. While there is obviously a catch-up mechanic, there should be something similar in the start of a campaign.. something like a "routed" bonus. If a faction holds a point for X amount of time (maybe a whole season) they get bonus points for routing the enemies. Not to negate the catch-up mechanic but nobody should be content with just getting steamrolled for a week because there is a system to still give a chance. IMO the catch-up mechanic is to make it so you are trying but just not getting there in points, you still have a chance rather than give up. Not to just completely not participate and rely on it to get back in the campaign. 

2 minutes ago, Samulus said:

Not gonna lie, that ambush had me salty at myself for reacting so poorly. But it is what it is. Despite all the gobs of stuff on me I hadn't banked recently, we still came out well after farming for as long as we had. 

So the reward outweighs the risk if you ask me, the diff of R7's from R10's is still worth the danger. Considering that HoA (in this instance) probably had blue quality mats in ample supply 3 days ago, we didn't exactly lose anything that gave away an upper hand. 

People who pay attention and aren't bad like I was last night wouldn't have lost what I did lol. 

Exactly! the current system is majorly in favor of the harvester anyways. The only way you get stuff currently is to get luck and catch the right target then kill it quick enough before it can bank. However even with everything stack in the harvester's favor ppl still in GR hiding lol. Hopefully the separation of reward/parcel tech comes out soon.

14 hours ago, twitchy_play said:

siege timers effectively gate what many consider the best content of crowfall to a smaller group that can play at those times. I understand ACE had to try and concentrate players to get better feedback and participation during sieges due to low player base and 24/7 testing window. Luckily, ACE has said there would be multiple campaigns running after launch with differing windows to accommodate those players that cannot play in the current limited window. My hope would be to move towards a system that that has a countdown timer with ways to add/subtract time depending upon actions taken in game.

11 hours ago, Tyrannicall said:

I have a 5 man group for a small time every night when I get on but its frustrating to pvp when it wont make a difference in the campaign since everything is locked up and and only one fort is active. At least make forts open and have to defend and taken at any time you will have more pvp when people can try and sneak a fort and it gives more opportunities for captures and defending.