Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tyrannicall

Trial of Arkon = Trial of Gods Reach

19 hours ago, Tyrannicall said:

So Crowfall has become Minecraft now? Actually correction I think Minecraft has more combat then the current CW. With gods reach available to farm to your hearts desire with 0 consequences you are only encouraging people to do whatever they can to avoid conflict. All this talk about making a crowfall a PvP focused game but the majority of the population is avoiding PvP like its the plague.  Can we maybe limit imports to like 5? Maybe shut down GR? there needs to be some sort of balancing done or your CW's will never succeed.

If you want more PvP roll Order. Complaining there’s a lack of PvP when you’re on the highest population faction is asinine. Split the powerhouses up, what is it that you’re so afraid of? We all get the same reward. Is it not being able to “crush”? Play to crush mindset destroys these games. We’ve seen the repercussions in past games and were seeing it now. 

If someone in Order complains there is no PvP then there’s an issue. 

Posted (edited)

And complaining people are in GR leveling toons when we literally have no other choice is asinine too

Edited by oneply

Just now, oneply said:

And complain people are in GR leveling toons when we literally have no other choice is asinine too

Being forced to level in God's Reach is part of the problem.

IhhQKY6.gif

18 minutes ago, twitchy_play said:

I have a 5 man group for a small time every night when I get on but its frustrating to pvp when it wont make a difference in the campaign since everything is locked up and and only one fort is active. At least make forts open and have to defend and taken at any time you will have more pvp when people can try and sneak a fort and it gives more opportunities for captures and defending.

It doesn’t work, they used to be available 24/7 - but no one fought over them cause you could just wait and go grab them later when it was more convienent. There was no incentive to fight over them all the time. 

lPoLZtm.png

12 minutes ago, twitchy_play said:

I have a 5 man group for a small time every night when I get on but its frustrating to pvp when it wont make a difference in the campaign since everything is locked up and and only one fort is active. At least make forts open and have to defend and taken at any time you will have more pvp when people can try and sneak a fort and it gives more opportunities for captures and defending.

It's been like the way you are suggesting since the win conditions were implemented. I believe this change is to mitigate the actions of a small group or single geared player from outweighing the efforts of the hundred other players in the campaign because of time zones. I agree that it does limit the PVP to one fort and the outposts, but with the number of players on during those hours it should funnel the population to those hotspots and make finding fights easier.

It's got it's ups and downs but overall I think the change is good. We'll have to see if the fighting picks up as the seasons progress and the point values start to become more critical, for now though I think most everyone is too busy farming to care about the score.

1 minute ago, Duffy said:

It doesn’t work, they used to be available 24/7 - but no one fought over them cause you could just wait and go grab them later when it was more convienent. There was no incentive to fight over them all the time. 

Bingo. But to be fair, that could have been addressed with implementing a territory or other such system that would hinder backcapping while promoting consolidated pvp. Also, there wasn't enough playerbase at most times to support 24/7 large group pvp activity. Its hard to judge if the previous system would have failed with a playerbase and more systems fleshed out. I think we can both agree many systems have been added and worked on since they changed to windowed sieges. 

7 hours ago, Duffy said:

😛

When theirs no timers people just take things without fighting. Worse case people just roll in real quick when they have numbers and roll out,  no fighting. Best case we run in circles capping things from each other until someone gets bored and goes to bed. Which then turns back into worse case. No siege times makes less 

There has to he a world wide notification for that server this fort is under attack. The second the wall is below 75% it rings out for help that will cause other groups to see that and go defend. This timer cause a quick pvp then the numbers take over who can stack the most people to take or defend. It just forcing everyone there and obviously balance has more active players then chaos and order and numbers matter in timer capture forts and keeps.

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, twitchy_play said:

There has to he a world wide notification for that server this fort is under attack. The second the wall is below 75% it rings out for help that will cause other groups to see that and go defend. This timer cause a quick pvp then the numbers take over who can stack the most people to take or defend. It just forcing everyone there and obviously balance has more active players then chaos and order and numbers matter in timer capture forts and keeps.

Won't fix the core problem of no schedules.

They take it, "defenders" make a note of time, and then show up 45 minutes later to take it back after the original attackers get bored of waiting for opposition.

Edited by KrakkenSmacken

15 minutes ago, KrakkenSmacken said:

They take it, "defenders" make a note of time, and then show up 45 minutes later to take it back after the original attackers get bored of waiting for opposition.

That could be addressed with a timer function to grant some sort of immunity for a slightly random period of time after capture. 

Trial of Arkon = Trial of Gods Reach

This is a test phase, and some of the major things we are testing for this current iteration are leveling in GR, new magic loot drop system, account Vault + import/export. So yea, it is kinda designed to be the Trial of GR for testing purposes. The resource node ranks are tied to the parcels until they have additional tech to split them - we got the higher rank mobs for testing leveling in GR and the nodes have to match until some future patch. All the balance issues about node ranks and loot drops will be iterated on many more times in the future. The main thing to test and give feedback on in the CW is the siege window timers, new schedule put in for those (and fewer outposts) designed to lessen the impact of "night capping".

tiPrpwh.png

12 minutes ago, mystafyi said:

That could be addressed with a timer function to grant some sort of immunity for a slightly random period of time after

Give defending points for leaderboards while successfully defending an attack

night capping isnt the issue. the way points are gained is the issue. One keep siege decided the last campaign, that is like a slap in the face to anyone even slightly paying attention that there is an issue. you can take 3/4ths of a campaign off and win it all in the last 1/4th defeats any purpose of pvp/sieging in the first 3/4ths. 

Posted (edited)
37 minutes ago, oneply said:

night capping isnt the issue. the way points are gained is the issue. One keep siege decided the last campaign, that is like a slap in the face to anyone even slightly paying attention that there is an issue. you can take 3/4ths of a campaign off and win it all in the last 1/4th defeats any purpose of pvp/sieging in the first 3/4ths. 

That’s a gross simplification of what happened, yes the season boost is a bit strong and may need tweaking, but the campaign was pretty clearly not a landslide. It’s disingenuous to say it was a single fight that determined the whole thing, sure that siege might have been the deciding factor, but there’s always gonna be a deciding fight in any close fight. It did not happen in a vacuum.

Edited by Duffy

lPoLZtm.png

2 hours ago, Jah said:

Being forced to level in God's Reach is part of the problem.

I disagree. A level 30 White Vessel is more likely to win over a level 15 Purple Vessel

giphy.gif

You Can't Be A Genius, If You Aren't The Slightest Bit Insane.

I'm pretty sure we can all agree that the capture bonuses were either too high, or should not be modified by seasons. It's one thing to give a boost for taking a long held fort or keep, but it shouldn't be worth nearly as much to cap a holding in winter as it was for defending it for the entire campaign.

4 minutes ago, coolster50 said:

I disagree. A level 30 White Vessel is more likely to win over a level 15 Purple Vessel

Not sure what that has to do with what I said.

IhhQKY6.gif

here the changes i would make in regards to this Campaign

Resource's

Gods reach
 Up to T5 resources mobs loot tables should be altered in gods reach to not drop above green quality stuff. Green quality should be the standard for enterering campaign not blue+ quality equipment you can currently obtain there.

Campaign world Temple
- Should be the same as God Reach

Campaign World Outside temple
- R10 Resources should only be found in a few area's these area will be POI around the map this being the forest, the stone ravines, the iron Ravines (Should add another one for animals and split forest and animals up)
- R9 Resources Should be located around the surrounding tiles of the POI with a few rare tiles scattered around.
- R8 should be located around Forts and Keeps and uncommon throughout the map
- R6-7 Should be general nodes scattered through the campaign
- Graveyards i would like to see function differently than your standard nodes in the 4 graves within the GY will be a random rank between 6-10 with lower chance of being R10 for example coming up to a grave yard the 4 graves in them may be a 2 rank 6's 1 R7 and a 1 R9 grave.

Mobs
I currently like how the wartribes are atm although atm there tomany camps to population of the CW however i think its in a good spot when you get 50 people or so running round in each map atleast.

Veeshan Midst of UXA

1 hour ago, coolster50 said:

Ya I agree with jah, what’s that have to do with what he or I said?

2 hours ago, oneply said:

Because of timers not constantly switching sides back and forth your guaranteed this many points I'd you cap is and hold it till timer seige is done that is just silly mate. Cause keeps are worth way more then anything and they dont come up very often.