Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tyrannicall

Trial of Arkon = Trial of Gods Reach

7 hours ago, Jah said:

Being forced to level in God's Reach is part of the problem.

This 100 times. If I have a blue/purple/legi vessel that can 1-2 shot everything in god's reach, why torture me? I just want to go into the campaign, burn my books to 30 and get back to business.

14 hours ago, oneply said:

Ya I agree with jah, what’s that have to do with what he or I said?

I don’t see being forced to level in God’s Reach as part of the problem with God’s Reach. You’re probably not going to take half-leveled vessels into combat, and if someone crashed your leveling party you’re trying to not die rather than engage in the fight. So I don’t see leveling in GR or leveling in the CW as any different: You’re not going to get engaging PvP out of it

giphy.gif

You Can't Be A Genius, If You Aren't The Slightest Bit Insane.

24 minutes ago, coolster50 said:

I don’t see being forced to level in God’s Reach as part of the problem with God’s Reach. You’re probably not going to take half-leveled vessels into combat, and if someone crashed your leveling party you’re trying to not die rather than engage in the fight. So I don’t see leveling in GR or leveling in the CW as any different: You’re not going to get engaging PvP out of it

Totally disagree. I am much more likely to get engaging PvP in a campaign than in a safezone.

If I want to help someone level a new vessel I should be able to do it in a campaign. I shouldn't have to send them by themselves to God's Reach or spend time in that safezone myself to help them level. If someone comes to gank the noob, his friends can help protect him. And if the noob dies, that is fine also. Its a PvP game, sometimes you lose. Even when its not "fair" it can be a satisfying experience. If nothing else, it provides a sense of danger in the game. People crashing my leveling party is what makes leveling engaging for me rather than a pure pve safezone grind.

Now if you want to stay in God's Reach to level, I am ok with that. But that is not a good reason to force everyone to grind for hours in a safezone every time they have to level a new vessel.

IhhQKY6.gif

5 minutes ago, Jah said:

Totally disagree. I am much more likely to get engaging PvP in a campaign than in a safezone.

If I want to help someone level a new vessel I should be able to do it in a campaign. I shouldn't have to send them by themselves to God's Reach or spend time in that safezone myself to help them level. If someone comes to gank the noob, his friends can help protect him. And if the noob dies, that is fine also. Its a PvP game, sometimes you lose. Even when its not "fair" it can be a satisfying experience. If nothing else, it provides a sense of danger in the game. People crashing my leveling party is what makes leveling engaging for me rather than a pure pve safezone grind.

Now if you want to stay in God's Reach to level, I am ok with that. But that is not a good reason to force everyone to grind for hours in a safezone every time they have to level a new vessel.

I’m not saying you should be forced to, I’m just saying I see no difference in whether you level in a CW or in GR (other than the threat of PvP)

giphy.gif

You Can't Be A Genius, If You Aren't The Slightest Bit Insane.

Just now, coolster50 said:

I’m not saying you should be forced to, I’m just saying I see no difference in whether you level in a CW or in GR (other than the threat of PvP)

The biggest difference is where your friends are. Do you go level with them where they are playing in the campaign, or do they have to come to the safezone to help you level? Or maybe you have to grind it out solo because they are locked in the campaign.

IhhQKY6.gif

1 hour ago, coolster50 said:

You’re on a totally different topic then what this thread is about. Tyrannical was complaining about people in GR. I was referencing that they have no choice in order to get into campaign. 

5 hours ago, Jah said:

If I want to help someone level a new vessel I should be able to do it in a campaign.

That's a good point, and is due to the level 20 restriction for entering a Campaign. Two separate issues, "I CAN level in GR if I want/need to" vs "I HAVE to level in GR".  For a new player or a solo player having the GR option is good. If a veteran wants to twink up a friend or alt, they don't really need to go through the NPE again.

tiPrpwh.png

On 8/2/2019 at 4:55 PM, oneply said:

night capping isnt the issue. the way points are gained is the issue. One keep siege decided the last campaign, that is like a slap in the face to anyone even slightly paying attention that there is an issue. you can take 3/4ths of a campaign off and win it all in the last 1/4th defeats any purpose of pvp/sieging in the first 3/4ths. 

That sounds like a great mechanic, as long as it was part of a build up to that climactic battle.

• One hit can decide a baseball game.
  • One field goal, a football game.
  • One over time goal a hockey game.
  • AND one game, and any one of the above can decide the annual national championship (pick your sport).

There are more examples of that sort of design than I can count. So the main point is great competition including professional level competition is often found to where exactly where "one" event can win or lose it all, preparation and planning notwithstanding.

What isn't fun, is knowing who is going to take the championship 1/3 of the way through a season.

12 minutes ago, KrakkenSmacken said:

What isn't fun, is knowing who is going to take the championship 1/3 of the way through a season.

Its also not fun knowing that anything done in the first 2/3 of the match doesn't matter. In fact you can not even show up to the match until the last 1/3 then win. 

Posted (edited)
On 8/3/2019 at 6:17 PM, coolster50 said:

Yes spot on @coolster50 - I was farming CN chinese farms in Shadowbane with end game item sets - it`s to delay the obvious gold farming, but it`s not as exciting combat as a siege or an active mine windows with full armed and ready groups of players in a large scale combat events. I don`t see the God`s Reach farming an issue - it is just very low population in general so hard to test the campaigns properly without stress test and open beta in the future before the soft launch starts to test out map scale and stress the server network at ACE. 

Edited by mythx

MQfHl7c.png

Crowfall Game Client: https://www.crowfall.com/en/client/

Posted (edited)

I'm getting frustrated when I've been following embargo changes for 6 months but it seems like it is going in the wrong direction. There should be consequences and limitations on what can be brought and carried around the world, and reasons to make risky endeavors to travel with resources between captured points. Now, it seems that there is a noob island that allowed up to R8(???) farming and people are still allowed to access a global bank at any point in the game. This is still discouraging me to play because I've yet to see any reason to develop my character when there is no sense of conflict and reward (these "trial of the gods" are just not enough and fortunately they are going to run out of gods soon)

Edit: I understand some of the reasons for allowing this for now - mainly because it is a testing environment. I just wish they were more open with their development process because otherwise I see this game taking at least another two or three years.

Edited by ilogos

10 hours ago, mystafyi said:

Its also not fun knowing that anything done in the first 2/3 of the match doesn't matter. In fact you can not even show up to the match until the last 1/3 then win. 

You did notice that they changed the formula for stacking bonus right?  Camps collecting zero bonus in spring etc?

9 minutes ago, KrakkenSmacken said:

You did notice that they changed the formula for stacking bonus right?  Camps collecting zero bonus in spring etc?

I did not. Sadly, I have limited time for testing in this summer, this weekend was spent in EK's. Thanks for the heads up.