Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ble

Map Idea to Promote PvP

Not a fan of high level GR.  I think that mobs could give the same-ish XP no mater what level the mob or vessel quality is, and higher rank mobs could just drop more/better stuff and that would be the PvE progression.  That way you can make GR low level, but still be a place to get decent xp to meet CW level requirements.

Secondly, @monchiezz had a great idea that I thought merits posting.  We need a map that promotes PvP.  Is it possible for you to generate a slightly larger adventure zone and flood it with resources?   A map like this would force everyone to fight during non siege hours in a single zone, would be fantastic.

unknown.png

Though I really think the design this campaign is way better for promoting PvP and like it because of it, this is the next logical step. 

Reeeeeeaaaaaally wish that Temple zones didn't include up to rank 7 mats... 

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, Ble said:

Not a fan of high level GR.  I think that mobs could give the same-ish XP no mater what level the mob or vessel quality is, and higher rank mobs could just drop more/better stuff and that would be the PvE progression.  That way you can make GR low level, but still be a place to get decent xp to meet CW level requirements.

Secondly, @monchiezz had a great idea that I thought merits posting.  We need a map that promotes PvP.  Is it possible for you to generate a slightly larger adventure zone and flood it with resources?   A map like this would force everyone to fight during non siege hours in a single zone, would be fantastic.

unknown.png

This is one of those things that looks good on paper, but is practically a bad idea due to current instance population limits.

Two (of probably many) tricks to look for with a layout like this.

1. Lock up access to sieges by overloading the only access path adventure zone.
  2. Gate camp an entire faction, making it impossible for new players to enter the adventure zone areas.

Strip all good resources out of temple, especially since the GR will get you minimum viable safely, and that will be a better first step.

Edited by KrakkenSmacken

2 minutes ago, KrakkenSmacken said:

This is one of those things that looks good on paper, but is practically a bad idea due to current instance population limits.

Two (of probably many) tricks to look for with a layout like this.

1. Lock up access to sieges by overloading the only access path adventure zone.
  2. Gate camp an entire faction, making it impossible for new players to enter the adventure zone areas.

Both valid points, one quick fix to this would be to implement what Planetside two does a faction balance cap. If you have 25 of X then you can only have up to 30 of Y and Z. Arbitrary numbers.  That would allow the other 2 factions (or 1) to have a good chance of winning and keep the underdog faction, poor order, competitive as well. 

1 minute ago, whisky said:

Both valid points, one quick fix to this would be to implement what Planetside two does a faction balance cap. If you have 25 of X then you can only have up to 30 of Y and Z. Arbitrary numbers.  That would allow the other 2 factions (or 1) to have a good chance of winning and keep the underdog faction, poor order, competitive as well. 

That really only encourages stacking ALT accounts, and playing those sorts of games. Any zone limits that are not higher than peak population, are subject these sorts of shenanigans.

Would rather they work on missing systems, than adding in faction balancing limits just yet.

9 minutes ago, KrakkenSmacken said:

That really only encourages stacking ALT accounts, and playing those sorts of games. Any zone limits that are not higher than peak population, are subject these sorts of shenanigans.

Would rather they work on missing systems, than adding in faction balancing limits just yet.

Not really, it encourages getting your best and brightest into the fight. I am just speaking to the topic of this thread.

All you have to do is give access directly to two keep zones for each faction, like they are now. 

Point of the idea is: Find a way to get everyone in the same adventure zone.  If you want access to high level resources, make that come at the threat of PvP at all times.  No hiding.  No 100% Chaos hiding in GRs and Temple zones.

My idea for better PvP.

Points score for owning areas is dropped to a 10th of what it is now.

The other 9/10th is generated by the working of the land during the 15 minute increments.

Working of the land is Killing players and mobs on the parcel, collecting doobers on the parcel from trees, rocks, ore, leather and even graves, crafting items also generates points. 

Any points generated by opposing factions moves the ownership needle very slightly so if they are uncontested for like an hour of heavy gathering it will slip to neutral, but you can only take over land within the capture window, any points generated from the owning faction move the needle back but if it goes neutral cannot be changed until the window pops again. 

2 hours ago, Ble said:

All you have to do is give access directly to two keep zones for each faction, like they are now. 

Point of the idea is: Find a way to get everyone in the same adventure zone.  If you want access to high level resources, make that come at the threat of PvP at all times.  No hiding.  No 100% Chaos hiding in GRs and Temple zones.

We can always go balance ;)

Posted (edited)

My idea for better pvp would be to have Veteran guild number one and veteran guild number two to go opposite factions! That would bring some nice pvp! Stop crying about gods reach you literally did this to your selves.

Edited by TowB
#PLAYTOCRUSH

2 hours ago, srathor said:

My idea for better PvP.

Points score for owning areas is dropped to a 10th of what it is now.

The other 9/10th is generated by the working of the land during the 15 minute increments.

Working of the land is Killing players and mobs on the parcel, collecting doobers on the parcel from trees, rocks, ore, leather and even graves, crafting items also generates points. 

Any points generated by opposing factions moves the ownership needle very slightly so if they are uncontested for like an hour of heavy gathering it will slip to neutral, but you can only take over land within the capture window, any points generated from the owning faction move the needle back but if it goes neutral cannot be changed until the window pops again. 

It's a good idea. Like fighting the Hunger on the land, and that scores you points. Active, exploratory; places that haven't been efficiently worked are worth more (so people go farther away for better value). There is much more to it, but it's a good premise, I think.

Mic MWH, Member of Mithril Warhammers since 2003,

Hammers High! http://www.mithrilwarhammers.com

1 hour ago, TowB said:

My idea for better pvp would be to have Veteran guild number one and veteran guild number two to go opposite factions! That would bring some nice pvp! Stop crying about gods reach you literally did this to your selves.

That's not the kind of pvp wanted. 7 months of the same tells you that with more joining that faction.

This game can’t handle one adventure zone for all of us. I’ve been avoiding the campaign zones this patch because every time it is ridiculously choppy. 30 some people on total last night and my FPS is in the teens (that’s looking at the ground not moving). Temple area upper 20s. and  when we were all in God’s reach with 100+ people I was in the high 30s low 40s. Performance on my end gets worse with every update. Not sure why the campaign is so much worse, larger zones maybe?

But ya I would love, if it could handle it, one siege zone with a single keep and 4-6 forts. Forget the adventure zone junk, in 2 weeks we’ll all be farmed up again with nothing to do outside of siege time again. 

I just want to be able to find the rats.  They scurry and hide in places I can't follow.  It's not nice.

On 8/2/2019 at 2:03 PM, TowB said:

So instead of beating people you want the devs to tell people who they can and can’t play with?  The devs going to tell people what guild they can be in? 

40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

5 minutes ago, mandalore said:

So instead of beating people you want the devs to tell people who they can and can’t play with?  The devs going to tell people what guild they can be in? 

I never said that, I said you did this to your selves!

6 hours ago, TowB said:

I never said that, I said you did this to your selves!

Quick question, do you think GR should have Rank 8 resources and BH should have Rank 7 resources?

Both areas where you cannot PvP.