Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ble

Map Idea to Promote PvP

3 hours ago, Ussiah said:

Quick question, do you think GR should have Rank 8 resources and BH should have Rank 7 resources?

Both areas where you cannot PvP.

I believe everything should revolve around Risk v Reward and as a whole Crowfall's design lacks this basic concept. 

If they want to foster PvP I think the main thing they can do is get rid of Uncommon + materials and gear on the Gods Reach server and make it so it caps at level 20. After level 20 you should be pushed onto the Campaign worlds. Get level 30 on the actual Campaign world. Make people harvest on the campaign world. 

Area outside the Temple should only allow green drops. Nothing more than that. 

On 8/12/2019 at 1:25 PM, Vunak said:

If they want to foster PvP I think the main thing they can do is get rid of Uncommon + materials and gear on the Gods Reach server and make it so it caps at level 20. After level 20 you should be pushed onto the Campaign worlds. Get level 30 on the actual Campaign world. Make people harvest on the campaign world. 

Area outside the Temple should only allow green drops. Nothing more than that. 

Level 20 characters in white armor on the campaign would do nothing except boost the K/D of the opposing factions. A level 20 character in white armor doesn't have a chance against a level 30 in green, much less against a 30 in blue. 

I don't see anything wrong with letting people get green armor and starting a campaign at level 30. At least they'd have a chance to not just get rolled immediately. 

An argument could be made for vessels higher than white, but white vessel characters need a place to get started

19 hours ago, CretinActual said:

Level 20 characters in white armor on the campaign would do nothing except boost the K/D of the opposing factions. A level 20 character in white armor doesn't have a chance against a level 30 in green, much less against a 30 in blue. 

I don't see anything wrong with letting people get green armor and starting a campaign at level 30. At least they'd have a chance to not just get rolled immediately. 

An argument could be made for vessels higher than white, but white vessel characters need a place to get started

The level difference is more important. Have you seen the difference in a full blue versus full green versus full white? It isn't that much anymore. Was flattened a huge amount.

Why are all the solutions with the GR problem centered around punishing or negatives to the GR zone and so few are about encouraging players into campaigns?  The line of thought is no gods reach = many mice in the fields of the campaign. However my belief is the mice will just leave the game.  One good core concept of game design is to not force players into a way of playing the game, but rather incentivise( not penalize, even though functionally they are just different labels on the same action) the desired play. 

If you join a campaign you don't have anything developing that team identity.  When I was younger and played WoW I wouldn't even talk to a fellow need IRL if they played Horde, I bled alliance and would spend countless hours not for my benefits, but, For the Alliance!!! 

Objective scoring may win my team the campaign, and this may or may not net me personally more rewards, but at first glance it's a drop in a bucket I'm not a part of. 

Farming in this game is boring as poorly made socks, and if I spend a ton of time trying to farm just for someone to take my stuff it's feels bad and I likely just log off.  

Tl;Dr  punishing the mice as a solution to get more mice is counterintuitive. 

-The Legion shall forever be reborn

qliewl5.png

8 minutes ago, ConstantineX said:

Why are all the solutions with the GR problem centered around punishing or negatives to the GR zone and so few are about encouraging players into campaigns?  The line of thought is no gods reach = many mice in the fields of the campaign. However my belief is the mice will just leave the game.  One good core concept of game design is to not force players into a way of playing the game, but rather incentivise( not penalize, even though functionally they are just different labels on the same action) the desired play. 

If you join a campaign you don't have anything developing that team identity.  When I was younger and played WoW I wouldn't even talk to a fellow need IRL if they played Horde, I bled alliance and would spend countless hours not for my benefits, but, For the Alliance!!! 

Objective scoring may win my team the campaign, and this may or may not net me personally more rewards, but at first glance it's a drop in a bucket I'm not a part of. 

Farming in this game is boring as poorly made socks, and if I spend a ton of time trying to farm just for someone to take my stuff it's feels bad and I likely just log off.  

Tl;Dr  punishing the mice as a solution to get more mice is counterintuitive. 

Tldr; this isn’t a game for mice to play solo.  If you wanna matter you need a guild.  Almost every aspect of this game is designed for group play.  

40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

21 minutes ago, ConstantineX said:

Why are all the solutions with the GR problem centered around punishing or negatives to the GR zone and so few are about encouraging players into campaigns?

God's Reach was never supposed to be a place to farm high quality resources. Its not really punishing GR to take them out, it is fixing the game.

IhhQKY6.gif

51 minutes ago, mandalore said:

Tldr; this isn’t a game for mice to play solo.  If you wanna matter you need a guild.  Almost every aspect of this game is designed for group play.  

I was under the impression that outside of motherlodes, current resource gathering is actually designed for solo play. Crafting, while having interactive aspects due to time gated skills reducing the ability to be quickly efficient in many trades,  is still mostly a solo activity. 

6 minutes ago, mystafyi said:

I was under the impression that outside of motherlodes, current resource gathering is actually designed for solo play. Crafting, while having interactive aspects due to time gated skills reducing the ability to be quickly efficient in many trades,  is still mostly a solo activity. 

You need 3 or 4 harvesters to contribute to an item and 2+ crafters for every item.  Without an organization/guild/group you’re not likely to be trading high end resources and crafters.  There will be some but for the most part why would I help gear my enemies?  You need teams of people to churn out gear for people.  

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

4 minutes ago, mandalore said:

You need 3 or 4 harvesters to contribute to an item and 2+ crafters for every item.  Without an organization/guild/group you’re not likely to be trading high end resources and crafters.  There will be some but for the most part why would I help gear my enemies?  You need teams of people to churn out gear for people.  

I agree there are some logistics and interdependencies with crafting, especially at high tier, but this can be mitigated quite a bit with time gated account skills and some form of functioning economy.  The actual act of going out to gather resources, outside of motherloads, is solo activity.  

58 minutes ago, mystafyi said:

The actual act of going out to gather resources, outside of motherloads, is solo activity.  

Not in campaign worlds. In campaign worlds you benefit from having multiple people so you can better fight back if someone comes to kill you.

IhhQKY6.gif

23 minutes ago, Jah said:

Not in campaign worlds. In campaign worlds you benefit from having multiple people so you can better fight back if someone comes to kill you.

@mystafyi

wiDfyPp.png

17 hours ago, Ussiah said:

The level difference is more important. Have you seen the difference in a full blue versus full green versus full white? It isn't that much anymore. Was flattened a huge amount.

I wasn't talking about the difference between green and blue. I was talking about the difference between white and blue, which is very big. 

8 hours ago, Jah said:

Are you seriously saying that harvesters will group up and stand around in circles watching 1 person harvest on the off chance that they will get attacked by a weak solo mouse hunter that they could defend against? And this is what makes harvesting a group activity in crowfall? 

48 minutes ago, mystafyi said:

Are you seriously saying that harvesters will group up and stand around in circles watching 1 person harvest on the off chance that they will get attacked by a weak solo mouse hunter that they could defend against? And this is what makes harvesting a group activity in crowfall? 

He's referring to the fact you should bring a guard. Also there are locations where multiple people could harvest single nodes together. Or could do motherlodes. We haven't really seen how it is for harvesters because we still have ANYWHERE local bank.

1 hour ago, CretinActual said:

I wasn't talking about the difference between green and blue. I was talking about the difference between white and blue, which is very big. 

Dropped gear is better than white. You can get dropped gear that is VERY close to blue stat wise and with some of the stats you can get on drops being way better than what you get on crafted.

Do I think people should be "automatically" pushed out? No, but I also don't think you should be able to sit in GR getting blues/purples and importing tons of it into CW.

3 hours ago, Ussiah said:

Dropped gear is better than white. You can get dropped gear that is VERY close to blue stat wise and with some of the stats you can get on drops being way better than what you get on crafted.

Do I think people should be "automatically" pushed out? No, but I also don't think you should be able to sit in GR getting blues/purples and importing tons of it into CW.

I don't know why you keep answering questions that YOU asked, not me. I don't think that people should get blues and purples on GR either. I'm not sure what your point is. I stated that people should be able to farm on GR or the Temple to get 30 and green gear. 

1 hour ago, CretinActual said:

I don't know why you keep answering questions that YOU asked, not me. I don't think that people should get blues and purples on GR either. I'm not sure what your point is. I stated that people should be able to farm on GR or the Temple to get 30 and green gear. 

tbh the highest you should be able to farm in the entirety of the campaign is blues with white being GR cap, r9 and r10 should be dregs exclusives, play with the big boys if you want big boy gear 

hoayaga2.jpg

4 hours ago, Ussiah said:

He's referring to the fact you should bring a guard. Also there are locations where multiple people could harvest single nodes together. Or could do motherlodes. We haven't really seen how it is for harvesters because we still have ANYWHERE local bank.

Why is it a fact that you should bring a guard? Current and past gameplay has shown that it is more efficient to gather solo. The time wasted for a player to stand around on the chance they might get attacked cannot be justified. With full paperdoll looting, I would change my stance, but alas that is not how the game is or has been to date. The ability to bank anywhere is so over the top and destroys any argument for having guards. 

disclaimer: motherloads are a separate beast and so I am not referencing them.