Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ble

Map Idea to Promote PvP

Recommended Posts

17 hours ago, Jah said:

I mostly just quoted it to show that the resources are supposed to be limited in low risk places, and best in the highest risk places. It is a foundational concept in Crowfall that should not be abandoned.

i know my point was there was nothing like gr in the original vision from what i can see

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 8/17/2019 at 3:20 PM, mandalore said:

Tldr; this isn’t a game for mice to play solo.  If you wanna matter you need a guild.  Almost every aspect of this game is designed for group play.

You need 3 or 4 harvesters to contribute to an item and 2+ crafters for every item.  Without an organization/guild/group you’re not likely to be trading high end resources and crafters.  There will be some but for the most part why would I help gear my enemies?  You need teams of people to churn out gear for people.  

Apparently ACE disagrees as their vision has EKs being a hot spot for trade/crafting/socializing on a larger scale then just Guilds/Alliances.

Crowfall was at least originally sold with the idea of a global economy with goods flowing between campaigns and EKs, and they threw in EVE/SWG as examples of what they would like to do. They've said people could never leave the EKs and be full time traders and play the economy.

Obviously what they've said originally and over time has changed along with what they've been able to produce, but the idea that this is a 100% GvG, join a guild or uninstall doesn't seem correct. Clearly recent changes have made things more solo or small team friendly and it seems very intentional (they've said as much). Loot drops, GR, capping, PVE changes, etc.

I agree that outfitting enemies in a game where there is actual win/lose conditions seems counter productive when a fairly decent sized and organized guild shouldn't need to trade, but I can only go by what ACE has said their plan is for their game. Which is ultimately what matters.

Maybe they'll neglect the EK and larger economy concepts, but at this point they don't really go into detail about them like many other things so who knows.

On 8/17/2019 at 3:38 PM, Jah said:

God's Reach was never supposed to be a place to farm high quality resources. Its not really punishing GR to take them out, it is fixing the game.

What they do and continue to do seems more reliable then what we believe they are supposed to do.

On 8/18/2019 at 5:53 PM, Jah said:

I mostly just quoted it to show that the resources are supposed to be limited in low risk places, and best in the highest risk places. It is a foundational concept in Crowfall that should not be abandoned.

Agree. Not sure why GR is the way it is, but believe some of you forget this is still "pre-alpha." We don't have the Dregs, different campaigns running at once with different rulesets, EKs that resemble what they want to do, Thralls, refineries, an actual population, etc.

Some of you are playing this full on like it is a game when it is not. Rather funny that some are whining that people "hide" in GR or are able to gear up there so they can attempt to be competitive even though they ultimately lose most of the time.

As hardcore as some want or claim to be and want this game to be, I don't see it going too far if accessibility is low. Unless the hope is one campaign running at a time with ~100 population post launch...

They need more risk/reward built in as currently its slim to none. However, pre-alpha should be focused on testing/fixing features and actually getting all of them online. Tweaking GR resources or whatever isn't a high priority IMO. Same as balancing classes and other such things which likely make the game less enjoyable then what color rocks are popping out of a node.

All of this is a result of ACE focusing on the same old stat/gear treadmill found in any MMO. PVP is an afterthought or by product of PVE. Unfortunate that the community has such low expectations. 

Edited by APE

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, smoot said:

Hard to have a global economy based around EKs when you can't actually take anything into the campaign...

eks are a lie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, APE said:

Apparently ACE disagrees as their vision has EKs being a hot spot for trade/crafting/socializing on a larger scale then just Guilds/Alliances.

Crowfall was at least originally sold with the idea of a global economy with goods flowing between campaigns and EKs, and they threw in EVE/SWG as examples of what they would like to do. They've said people could never leave the EKs and be full time traders and play the economy.

Obviously what they've said originally and over time has changed along with what they've been able to produce, but the idea that this is a 100% GvG, join a guild or uninstall doesn't seem correct. Clearly recent changes have made things more solo or small team friendly and it seems very intentional (they've said as much). Loot drops, GR, capping, PVE changes, etc.

I agree that outfitting enemies in a game where there is actual win/lose conditions seems counter productive when a fairly decent sized and organized guild shouldn't need to trade, but I can only go by what ACE has said their plan is for their game. Which is ultimately what matters.

Maybe they'll neglect the EK and larger economy concepts, but at this point they don't really go into detail about them like many other things so who knows.

rip eks :c

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, APE said:

Maybe they'll neglect the EK and larger economy concepts, but at this point they don't really go into detail about them like many other things so who knows.

I have thought that myself especially after they broke what there was of an economy with gold and EK changes, but since they already have monetized EK's they will be forced to implement them even if they serve no purpose. Luckily, I despise instanced housing in any mmo, so it wont matter to me what they do. Not having an economy is game breaking to me though and is a source of concern in how they integrate EK's with a game economy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, APE said:

Rather funny that some are whining that people "hide" in GR or are able to gear up there so they can attempt to be competitive even though they ultimately lose most of the time.

This is funny to me also. If blue is what is needed on the power curve...

5 hours ago, Ble said:

youre not going to be truly competitive until you are campaign optimized.  For me, this means blue vessel, blue jewelry and either drop gear or blue crafted.

why is it so horrible that players can import one set of blue gear? Won't that make it more fun and competitive for everyone? Disorganized groups or new players without knowledge will still be at a disadvantage.

If imports limit how much you can bring in, and decay is high enough to require additional gear then players will farm in the CW. Or if the power curve is flattened even more, then the starting point can be lower. Or if there is more risk on equipped gear (full loot), that would change how players make that cost/benefit decision. 

Not all risk vs reward activity needs to be focused on individual gear power either, CF would be better imo if more risk was put on open-world activities like building up Forts/Keeps or capturing relics that could impact winning Campaigns.

It's all complicated balance stuff, and trying to make it work perfectly in 5.100 isn't realistic.


tiPrpwh.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, mystafyi said:

I have thought that myself especially after they broke what there was of an economy with gold and EK changes, but since they already have monetized EK's they will be forced to implement them even if they serve no purpose.. 

You would hope

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Before either of you played we had a mine, lumber mill and stone place where a lot of PvP took place as that was the only place with resources. Aside from mobs

 

It was pretty fun. pretty much like mines in shadowbane

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/2/2019 at 5:52 AM, Samulus said:

Though I really think the design this campaign is way better for promoting PvP and like it because of it, this is the next logical step. 

Reeeeeeaaaaaally wish that Temple zones didn't include up to rank 7 mats... 

totally agree, this needs to go. If they want to promote more pvp R9 and R10 nodes needs to be rare. As it stands risk and reward are totally out the window.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/19/2019 at 12:38 PM, Marth said:

eks are a lie

Their needs to be a way to connect EK's to the campaign that allows only goods harvested and crafted from that campaign to flow back and forth.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...