Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Yoink

Passive Training and Catch Up (Might not be enough)

17 minutes ago, pedraozaum said:

I really don't see what is the problem of implementing an active base progression to the tree alongside the passive one, as I suggested.

My concern would be that it would become a new grind that I'd have to do in order to keep up. There would be the sense that you have to do whatever repetitive task it takes to max out your active skill training regularly. And that would be on top of the existing activities such as leveling, farming resources, and crafting to equip yourself.

IhhQKY6.gif

I see you point and I agree, it is something to pay close attention, but as I suggested it would be activities that you already do, it would be a bonus instead of a thing you need to do.

I say that because this game already do a great job of minimizing the differences between the the maxed out and the average, so we are debating on how and if to make the endgame progression more interactive per say.

29 minutes ago, pedraozaum said:

I see you point and I agree, it is something to pay close attention, but as I suggested it would be activities that you already do, it would be a bonus instead of a thing you need to do.

I say that because this game already do a great job of minimizing the differences between the the maxed out and the average, so we are debating on how and if to make the endgame progression more interactive per say.

What endgame?

Doesnt matter what the activities are, it would be another grind to stay relevant. Need less grind more play time. 

I think I got your point, consider the game launch, If I start playing at that time I would not need to grind to stay relevant right? I could just keep login and distributing my points every 9 days or so and I would always be up to date with everyone else right? So the suggestion by @abso would be a great idea.

1 hour ago, abso said:

Allow skill points allocation through the game site. Or an app. And spirit bank /guild bank management. And EK vendors management.

I'm not sure about the people that will join the game later though, how will that work?  I've read that will be a kind of catch up mechanic for this, anyone got any info?

I agree, I think, it's just that for the people who would like more to craft than to fight, it will take months for that game play to become more interesting.

Considering the twitch channel videos I've been watching since the beginning of the year they always said that they would make it both fun for both fighters and crafters.

Since I'm more interested in crafting these days, when the game launch I would have to have multiple accounts and wait for 2 month (if it stays as x3) to be able to enjoy some good crafting, also considering that I would get some better vessel and disciplines. It just doesn't seem very appealing to me.

7 minutes ago, pedraozaum said:

I think I got your point, consider the game launch, If I start playing at that time I would not need to grind to stay relevant right? I could just keep login and distributing my points every 9 days or so and I would always be up to date with everyone else right?

Only with regards to passive training though. That's just a small portion of what is needed to be relevant. You also need leveled vessels, disciplines, weapons, armor, etc. You need to know how to play well, and you probably need to form relationships with other players. Someone who just logs in to distribute passive training points, but doesn't actually spend time playing, will not be very relevant.

IhhQKY6.gif

9 hours ago, oneply said:

Except we are at 3x speed. So if it took 50 now it will take 150 days at launch. That’s half a year. And don’t forget you need to do basics first on top of that. 

I don't think it's ever been stated exactly how fast training will be at launch. We all assumed 1 point every 10 seconds because that's how it started out, but maybe 3 every 10 is the sweet spot.