Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
StupidSexyCentaur

Faction Descriptions lead to imbalance?

Warning: This may or may not cause some rage. I intend to provide constructive criticism. I have never posted here before, but this is just something I've observed as a relative newb.

Back when I first got on Crowfall and joined a faction, I read the descriptions. Here's what I got from each one.

• Order: The extremist zealots of the world. Only they are right in their own eyes. 
  • Chaos: The stereotypical bad guys who want to destroy everything.
  • Balance: The only good guys who love everything and are great.

I joined Balance naturally. When the game got wiped after another update, I turned to Chaos faction after realizing that Balance was where 90% of everyone went. It's my belief that the above easy-to-arrive-to interpretations of the descriptions for each faction are the reason why there is such an imbalance of number across the factions.

I'm not sure how it might be accomplished, but giving a better description for each faction might help with the imbalance. That or putting a cap on the population of each faction.

I would disagree with your conclusion.

I think the edgy bad guy theme of the Chaos faction is why there are usually more people on that faction.

It is totally untrue that 90% of people go Balance, and the themes and descriptions of the factions have nothing to do with why Balance consistently wins campaigns.

IhhQKY6.gif

So discussing how descriptions can influence new players to go one way or the other, and that one may appeal to a greater population than the other two is some how a commentary on why one faction wins over another... I wonder if you kids can ever look at something with an unbiased objective set of goggles on. 

And personally on the actual topic at hand, I agree the Order one could be written better. It does sound like your crazy cult types. Maybe that’s Staff’s obsession with it 🤔 

And I have no idea on actual population numbers. But there are definitely more players organized and cooperating on balance than chaos. But we are chaotic so... 

1 hour ago, oneply said:

So discussing how descriptions can influence new players to go one way or the other, and that one may appeal to a greater population than the other two is some how a commentary on why one faction wins over another... I wonder if you kids can ever look at something with an unbiased objective set of goggles on. 

When people make false claims about faction populations, it is not "biased" to correct them. When someone claims that 90% of the population plays on Balance, what they are actually reacting to is the fact that Balance has been winning. What else could it be?

IhhQKY6.gif

1 hour ago, Jah said:

When people make false claims about faction populations, it is not "biased" to correct them. When someone claims that 90% of the population plays on Balance, what they are actually reacting to is the fact that Balance has been winning. What else could it be?

And you prove my point gloriously as expected. You assume way too much and generally are so far off base and stuck in your own self stroking mindset you can’t see that. 

12 hours ago, Marth said:

pretty sure if w hoa and clams went to order suddenly order would win. I dont think rp lore decides campaigns atm.

And once order starts winning campaign other people will flock there aswell for the easier ride.

Veeshan Midst of UXA

32 minutes ago, veeshan said:

And once order starts winning campaign other people will flock there aswell for the easier ride.

Except, perhaps unexpectedly, that doesn't seem to happen. Of course, certain guilds would say it was happening regardless.

IhhQKY6.gif

This is my first playtest.  I chose balance because of the description lol.

They'll get to it at some point.  Faction balance will be an issue for another day.  It's not a terribly difficult problem to solve.

18 hours ago, Kest said:

This is my first playtest.  I chose balance because of the description lol.

If you are a new player right now there really isn't much else to go on! You can't even see population numbers or a guild list prior to choosing.

tiPrpwh.png

Posted (edited)

Allowing people to choose factions in stead of assigning players/guilds automatically based on pop need is why faction populations are imbalanced.

if we load balanced it automatically all of those people on chaos would be spread out a little thinner, the same handful of top tier guilds wouldn't always end up on balance, and order might have somebody other that Staff that can fight their way out of a wet paper bag.

Edited by PopeUrban

PopeSigGIF.gif

Rub rock on face and say "Yes food is eaten now time for fight"

Posted (edited)

same topics all the time 😃 coz it truth. but problem not in numbers.

faction war was unbalanced right after devs introduce factions. and will be 4ever.

disbalance is not about numbers but about quality of forces + activity. chaos on NA can get more ppl but with more small groups/guilds while balance can get 2 big coordinated forces and they win ofc. anyway it looks like order on NA does not exist for a long time. pre alpha, low population you can say? can be....

same for EU server which was oneside swamp faction for 1.5 year. now strongest community splitted and they get atleast some decent fight. still 2 faction war. 3-th does not exist or can't bring decent power.

factions will be utopia forever in CF if devs wont start fixing pvp mechanics. someone can say wait until dregs will born... well... dregs will be the same (strongest clans will ally and eat everything). you can say more ppl will balance sides? nope. never.

no1 like to lose. if there will be no ally, so strongest clans will coordinate on the sieges and did no frendly fire. etc etc

shortly I hate and what I think should stimulate pvp but it make pvp non existed.

about points capturing tags:

1) boring

2) useless

=> no reason to do this => no fun => no ppl => no pvp => not a content

about villages capturing:

1) have non primetime players and win

2) bring more and win

3) no tactics

=> not enough ppl? not going there => can't capture or participate => get no respawns on the keep siege

about keep sieges short tags:

1) zone cap

2) ballistas

3) r10 guards

4) no real tactics

5) keep give almost zero

=> no fun for attackers => no fun => empty sieges => no pvp => not a content

about regular pvp tags:

1) 2k SP (dunno nerfed or not)

2) healers

3) gear based

4) not builds based

5) only 2 global roles: heal and damage

=>1/2 of the party healers. no heal no deal

about large pvp tags:

1) get inside nutcap - die

2) get pulled - die

3) no escapes/jumps/gap closers - die

4) get random invisible oneshot from orbs detonation

5) healers

=> 2 zergs stay and try to pull each other

=> less geared/coordinated/supported side will be wiped. usually less geared with less heals.

I did not count bugs and some secrets which veterans can introduce during pvp, it is still pre alpha. but at least 5 main pvp actions/aspects should be investigated.

this is why ppl can and will quit this game very fast.

Edited by makkon

crowfall pvp makkonMyrmidon statement: Out of Fury

Discord makkon#8550

Have they said why they don't put a counter indicator above each faction to show new players the current imbalance? 

On 8/14/2019 at 11:35 AM, Audin said:

Have they said why they don't put a counter indicator above each faction to show new players the current imbalance? 

Because that would actually make the problem worse lol.

PopeSigGIF.gif

Rub rock on face and say "Yes food is eaten now time for fight"

Sign in to follow this