Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sethyl

New to the game - Will I loose my progress often?

Recommended Posts

Hello! I'm new to Crowfall and looking forward to trying it. Seems like a great game that asks for involvement. Since the game is in Alpha, how often should I expect to loose all my progress? Thanks for the information!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would expect the next wipe to be at the start of Beta. I would expect a wipe at the end of Beta. I wouldn't expect any other wipes unless they make or implement something game changing but there is a good chance that might happen.


aeei5jG.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Yoink said:

I would expect the next wipe to be at the start of Beta. I would expect a wipe at the end of Beta. I wouldn't expect any other wipes unless they make or implement something game changing but there is a good chance that might happen.

We did not hit alpha iteration yet and fully expect a wipe then. I am of the same thinking as you on the other 2 wipes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I’m pretty sure a few months ago they said next full wipe would be alpha, which is supposedly when the carrot will be eaten by the horse (frostweaver). Which they to said end of summer....so maybe late September/October 

Edited by oneply

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, mystafyi said:

We did not hit alpha iteration yet and fully expect a wipe then. I am of the same thinking as you on the other 2 wipes.

LoL forgot we were in "Pre Alpha" not Alpha.


aeei5jG.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, KrakkenSmacken said:

I thought that "Beta" was when they originally said that at least passive training wipes would stop.

No. Last wipe is just before soft.launch, which is after beta.


IhhQKY6.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@sethyl, as you can see... no one really knows the true answer to that.

 

But I can tell you our last two wipes were in December (Character/Passives) and July (Characters only).  So I wouldn't be expecting another wipe for a while since they just did one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Audin said:

@sethyl, as you can see... no one really knows the true answer to that.

 

But I can tell you our last two wipes were in December (Character/Passives) and July (Characters only).  So I wouldn't be expecting another wipe for a while since they just did one.

You forgot the April inventory/toon wipe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Still in |Alpha| almost 5 years after taking my $ and saying "we'll release in 2016".   Anyway, I hope it's getting close to a real "release" and there's no more wipes than needed.

Z

Edited by znick

You Don't Stop Playing Games when You Get Old...

You Get Old When You Stop Playing Games!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...