Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sethyl

Dynamic questing system fo better leveling

Hello! I'm a new player so I will suggest something that has most likely already been suggested, but it will reemphasis the idea! I think this game looks amazing, but lacks diversity in the questing / leveling. I would highly recommend adding some sort of dynamic leveling system a little bit like guild wars 2 or WoW World Quest system. I know both have flaws and are not perfect, but they add diversity in the way you play and advanced your character. I personally believe this would make leveling a lot more interesting! I don't know if other players share my thoughts... Listen to you community I guess!

Thanks

Did the phrase "PVP oriented" ring some bells?

Catelyn: War will make them old, as it did us. I pity them.
Mathis: Why? Look at them. They're young and strong, full of life and laughter. And lust, aye, more lust than they know what to do with. There will be many a bastard bred this night, I promise you. Why pity?
Catelyn: Because it will not last. Because they are the knights of summer, and winter is coming.

A Clash of Kings, Chapter 22, Catelyn II.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Crowfall Discord Channels: international (english) - italiano

48 minutes ago, Sethyl said:

I would highly recommend adding some sort of dynamic leveling system a little bit like guild wars 2 or WoW World Quest system.

Can you elaborate the idea a bit more? It's going to be easy for folks to dismiss and give trollish responses when no one really gets the summary of it.

Also assuming I know what you mean - I counter propose your idea, with simplifying the leveling system even more than trying to augment it to make it 'more fun'.  The game already makes levels fairly meaningless with how easy it is, and how gear lacks level requirements.  This is good - the important of this game is on the fight and the teamwork - not the grind for an arbitrary number.  The only thing that is useful within the process is new players learning skills and the talent line 1 by 1 - vs. tossing them all the things at once.  I'd love to see how we could flesh that progression out a bit more for new players, and ditch the random level number altogether.

53 minutes ago, Damarus said:

Can you elaborate the idea a bit more? It's going to be easy for folks to dismiss and give trollish responses when no one really gets the summary of it.

Also assuming I know what you mean - I counter propose your idea, with simplifying the leveling system even more than trying to augment it to make it 'more fun'.  The game already makes levels fairly meaningless with how easy it is, and how gear lacks level requirements.  This is good - the important of this game is on the fight and the teamwork - not the grind for an arbitrary number.  The only thing that is useful within the process is new players learning skills and the talent line 1 by 1 - vs. tossing them all the things at once.  I'd love to see how we could flesh that progression out a bit more for new players, and ditch the random level number altogether.

I agree with you! Let me rephrase what I meant, you are right, it wasn't clear! I think there should be an incentive for players to go out and explore, more than just PvP or gathering resources. Some objective completion system that would make people go out, reach for an objective, PvP along the way and get some sort of simple reward, may it be xp or resources or something else. Right now, exploring feels a little pointless... Maybe if there was some sort of objective to achieve through exploring? I did the world looks gorgeous, but nothing makes me want to get out there and explore it.

Question. How do you currently level? I've been playing on and off and is it just grinding war tribes? Last I remember it was making frames and sacrificing those. What's this leveling process that only takes an hour?

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, Sethyl said:

I agree with you! Let me rephrase what I meant, you are right, it wasn't clear! I think there should be an incentive for players to go out and explore, more than just PvP or gathering resources. Some objective completion system that would make people go out, reach for an objective, PvP along the way and get some sort of simple reward, may it be xp or resources or something else. Right now, exploring feels a little pointless... Maybe if there was some sort of objective to achieve through exploring? I did the world looks gorgeous, but nothing makes me want to get out there and explore it.

This I agree with. I think it was in the June (maybe July?) Q&A they mentioned a resource drop event on the map, where folks would have to get to it, caravan it back to a keep / fort, and open it up to get resources. Seems that you wouldn't actually get the goods until you got it back to a fort / keep.  Reminded me a lot of a supply drop event in Royal games, with the extra effort of caravaning it 'home'.

I think that's a decent example of what your talking about - would like to see more things like that in the game.

Edited by Damarus

10 minutes ago, Damarus said:

This I agree with. I think it was in the June (maybe July?) Q&A they mentioned a resource drop event on the map, where folks would have to get to it, caravan it back to a keep / fort, and open it up to get resources. Seems that you wouldn't actually get the goods until you got it back to a fort / keep.  Reminded me a lot of a supply drop event in Royal games, with the extra effort of caravaning it 'home'.

I think that's a decent example of what your talking about - would like to see more things like that in the game.

That sounds amazing! I agree, we need more dynamic events like this.

Those big statues in the temple, the ones that look like the gods, they are calling them sentinels, and the goal is for them to eventually hand out quests for rewards.

6 hours ago, KrakkenSmacken said:

Those big statues in the temple, the ones that look like the gods, they are calling them sentinels, and the goal is for them to eventually hand out quests for rewards.

No, you cannot be serious. Leveling added, grind for the sake of grind, gear drops by mobs, and now silly questing like kill 6 rats or gather 8 hides....whats next, a p2w cash shop?

7 hours ago, Sethyl said:

Maybe if there was some sort of objective to achieve through exploring? I did the world looks gorgeous, but nothing makes me want to get out there and explore it.

This part I would definitely be in favor of - some type of system that gave XP or loot reward for visting all the parcels on the map, or specific points of interest. This could be in both God's Reach and in the Campaigns. In the Campaigns it would be more risky of course since you might get into some pvp encounters, so the reward could be better.

tiPrpwh.png

Posted (edited)

Oh Gawd, NO!  not questing...   Leveling is bad enough even when it is fast and easy but set npc questing is an anathema to this playerbase.   My "quest" to you is find a good fit guild and they will have lots of "quests" as in tasks for you to do so that they can gear out the guild for PvP and secure its base of operations in a given campaign.

Edited by Frykka

6FUI4Mk.jpg

Sugoi - Senpai

I think if leveling is part of the game, than it needs to become a little more polished with more diverse activities than killing random mobs. Otherwise, remove leveling at all. Just my opinion.

Posted (edited)

There will be xp for crafting, harvesting, and exploring to round out leveling...   basically if you do anything productive you get exp.   Remember that leveling is fast and after that it is all about PvP at forts castles and sieges with gear and vessel upgrades (more leveling, more harvesting).     More conflict zones, more way to find and ambush other players, more ways to crush, not more ways to play solo.

Edited by Frykka

6FUI4Mk.jpg

Sugoi - Senpai

1 minute ago, Frykka said:

There will be xp for crafting, harvesting, and exploring to round out leveling...   basically if you do anything productive you get exp. 

I did not know that. That sounds great!

14 hours ago, Sethyl said:

I did not know that. That sounds great!

Latest (unofficial) word I heard was it was to be in for 5.110, and we are on 5.100. 

Posted (edited)

Putting a bit of direction in God reach for newbie may be a good idea doesn't need to be alot but I think it needs a little more hand holding option for new player for better player experience. 

I wouldnt waste to much dev budget and time in it though so no dynamic events atm but maybe a quest guy in temple with road to crafting/harvesting/fighting quest that walk player through it a little better that rewards them with a blue piece of equipment/resources es similar to current mob drop

Even games like dark fall had some simple quests at starter zones for players to get started even though you pretty much never did them later with the exception of the stat title quests they added later. 

Also wouldn't mind a way to add player quests in game like bulletin board in player cities or temple. Player can set a reward for like 2k for someone head or this crafted helm for 100 blue ore and so on. This allow for guild management as well in guild cities so harvester can get rewarded for helping guild get thing they need for guild things. 

Edited by veeshan

Veeshan Midst of UXA