Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Fabulex

Resource consolidation

I have no idea if this has already been discussed. Couldn’t find anything so figured I’d risk it! 

I called the thread resource consolidation because it sounded better than “put thing in pot gets better” but that’s basically the premise. 

TLDR preamble

Ive recently returned to the game with fortunes of war and I’ve found that after you get your first sets of armour crafted and you’re looking towards your green doobers you’re missing a trick a bit. 

My inventory is now full of, apart from maybe crafting new spectral tools, ostensibly useless common materials. I know they CAN be sacrificed but let’s be real who’s actually doing that as a play style. 

I know from some of your Q&As that you’re always on the look out for more for crafters and gatherers to be able to do, looking at you here Blair. 

The actual idea

It would be great if there was a way to turn all the white resources we will inevitably get into green doobers and so on and so forth. 

So why not consider making a kind of mini game, in the same way gathering with pips and crafting with exp points are? 

For example have a magic puddle or some such lore rubbish where you can put in, say 10 white, resources at a time and then you ‘roll’ and there a chance to either:

a) get 1 green doober, 2) get some pish sacrifice rubbish or 3) you get nothing, unlucky! 

It would be a way for us industry guys to kill some solo time, would add to our fun and ultimately the economy. 

Im not saying make it such good returns that it’s a viable full time playstyle, because we still need to get guys out in the world. But it would be a good way to transform some vendor trash into useable goods and add some content. 

And psychologically that would feel SO much better than wading through white mats, which feel like useless drops now, to get to them tasty coloured drops. It would make them feel like “okay they’re not great but I can whack them in Todd’s magic puddle (yes I went there ;P) later” 

(Constructive) thoughts anyone? :)  

Posted (edited)

I've always liked the idea of an incredibly lossy conversion (like one that's so bad that you'd be insane to not go for higher ranks) to ensure whites don't become worthless and always have value to all players.

I also think dust and potentially Chaos Embers should be sold on vendors at exorbitant prices to keep gold valuable even deep into the endgame. 

Edited by ZYBAK

Siege engines consume huge amounts of wood & hide. If it's not worth crafting with, it goes into the wood chipper to feed that endless need.

We really should have something similar for stone & ore.

18 hours ago, VaMei said:

Siege engines consume huge amounts of wood & hide. If it's not worth crafting with, it goes into the wood chipper to feed that endless need.

We really should have something similar for stone & ore.

Wall reinforcements. Like reverse siege engines. Have them take HP damage for the wall and equip them with various defensive tools like boiling oil or traps or archery blinds that give buffs to people standing on the wall or whatever.

PopeSigGIF.gif

Rub rock on face and say "Yes food is eaten now time for fight"