Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Avitik

New and have some questions!

Hey guys, I am very interested in this game and have a couple questions which may have been answered elsewhere had I been less stupid.

Anyway here's the deal: I'm planning to buy a backer pack in order to play, but I want to know if the servers havr fair population as of right now, or rather enough of a population for me to have fun and stay occupied, hoe often the servers are up, and if this game can keep my attention as a hardcore PvPer who also enjoys the little things in MMOs such as crafting and finding rare lootz.

Thank you!

During peak times, the population is probably 200 to 300, and that can be spread over 3 servers. There are fights to be found during those times, and there are scheduled siege times, which provide opportunities for PvP. Depending on when you play, you might not see a lot of people, but there are things to do outside of PvP. If you like crafting and finding rare loot, the game may appeal to you as there is a good amount of depth in those areas, and they should improve as the game gets close to launch.

Understand that the game is still officially in pre-alpha and there will be wipes before and at launch. Alpha isn't far away though, and the game shouldn't need to stay in alpha for very long before going to beta. They are still targeting this year for launch, but I wouldn't be surprised if it slips into 1st quarter next year. 

The game still has some rough edges and there are lots of things the game won't tell you about that you either need to figure out on your own or ask someone about. You can always ask questions in chat or on the forums and you are likely to find someone to help you, but I recommend joining an active guild. You'll have people to play with, and they will help reduce the learning curve.

If your expectation is solely to have fun, it might be best to wait. The game is fun, but it can be frustrating at times too given its unfinished state. We are here to help test the game and make it better. That doesn't appeal to everyone, and some people get irrationally upset when the game doesn't play like a finished product. But if you are okay with some rough edges and occasional wipes, then jump in and start testing. You'll get a leg up on the learning curve and help make the game better at the same time.

Posted (edited)

Just echoing a few points Arkade made:

1. The game isn't a complete game and there are some down right frustrating things right now.

2. The main motivation for playing the game is to TEST and learn the systems and mechanics. Playing to win or trying to strictly play for fun is probably going to leave you pretty frustrated.

3. Absolutely 100% FIND A GUILD! This is the most important thing you can do. There are a few Chaos guilds that I know of that are actively recruiting new players but you can always check the guild recruitment forums. 

Edited by ZYBAK

Yes spot on and overall I enjoy Crowfall a lot more now after the huge AI improvement update with creatures.

• Crafting is really complex with lots of depth, and it can be interesting and fun when you get into it and start to learning the different crafting systems. So I recommend to try it out Crowfall now! 
  • And learn the different classes before the soft launch so you get an advantage before the hoard arrive in open Beta with big name Twitch streamers like Shroud & Lirik probably who will get the worlds populated for sure. :) 
  • It`s the most promising western PvP mmo in a sandbox world when the new Dregs world setting is out in the next major patch update with (Guild vs Guild systems.) 

MQfHl7c.png

Crowfall Game Client: https://www.crowfall.com/en/client/

42 minutes ago, ZYBAK said:

Playing to win or trying to strictly play for fun is probably going to leave you pretty frustrated.

That depends on the guild or people you are playing with, but is definitely a fair point.

I agree with everything else in this thread though. Welcome to Crowfall @Avitik!

The Guild Recruitment forum is a good place to start. The guilds actively recruiting are:

• The Clam Stacking Casuals (Balance)
  • HaX (Chaos)
  • Corvus Citadel (Chaos)

There are some other quality guilds as well but their recruitment is more selective. Check out Winterblades and Hyshen Avari. Some guilds also spam in game!

On 8/9/2019 at 1:23 PM, galvia said:

The Guild Recruitment forum is a good place to start. The guilds actively recruiting are:

• The Clam Stacking Casuals (Balance)
  • HaX (Chaos)
  • Corvus Citadel (Chaos)

There are some other quality guilds as well but their recruitment is more selective. Check out Winterblades and Hyshen Avari. Some guilds also spam in game!

Flames of Exile is passively recruiting.

Always.

PopeSigGIF.gif

Rub rock on face and say "Yes food is eaten now time for fight"