Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Sethyl

World PvP Event and Group Finder

Posted (edited)

I have only been playing a few days and see huge potential! A thing I find hard as a new player that is relatively casual (I know this game is targeting more hardcore player than me) is to find groups to attack enemy factions players or buildings. I wish there was a quick way to group up with other players that are looking for the same thing. Some sort of group finder tool, without the poorly made socksty teleportation stuff. How about some Inn or another location where you go and sign up on a board, meaning you are open to be invited in groups for PvP? Something like that!

In addition, I would LOVE some dynamic world PvP event. I was told about some caravan event, which will be great!!! We need more ideas like this. 

Edited by Sethyl

Posted (edited)

I think a formal group finder tool would be very bad for the game. The current system is best imo, and that's talking to other players to get help.

Two days ago I was playing alone on the NA campaign when someone asked in chat if anyone wanted to farm camps. I was already level 30 but wanted to get some loot, so I offered to help. We ended up going on a two hour farm fest until we ran into a boss. We are both new, so we decided to test our luck. Within seconds we almost got killed. We luckily ran away with our lives and coincidentally found a group of 3 players nearby. We asked them to help us. We grouped up and fought the boss. About 5 minutes into the fight we accidentally pulled the boss too far, and he reset. We had him down to 10%. We had to start the fight all over. In the end we killed the boss and got some good loot. 

The point of that story is that group finding is already possible in the game. You just need to be social and communicate with others. In games with dedicated group finders people have no obligation to talk to one another. That's extremely detrimental to the game.

Edited by CretinActual

'Looking for group' it's a quality of life feature that will most likely find its way in - but now it's hardly the time for it.
Social systems are going through a major overhaul atm with the development of Dregs: Guild systems, Fealty Systems and Guild banks.

Gen. Prom
Guild Leader of KDS
Recruitment Post - Guild Recruiting and Management - #warstory
Visit us at www.kdsguild.org

On 8/10/2019 at 8:50 PM, CretinActual said:

I think a formal group finder tool would be very bad for the game. The current system is best imo, and that's talking to other players to get help. 

….

You just need to be social and communicate with others. In games with dedicated group finders people have no obligation to talk to one another. That's extremely detrimental to the game.

I agree and disagree.

I do think in the respected Temple areas that there should be a designated place to meet and team up, instead of on the fly like most other MMO's have. An old school Inn/Tavern feel. I also recognize, as already mentioned, that this is a QoL add in for down the road.

These guys have bigger fish to fry.

Perhaps a little gating for two minutes before the event starts. There could be an announcement for extra loot for certain events. That way it might prevent ppl from running 120° clockwise around the map, capturing emtpy forts while avoiding fights. Fighting should be more profitable than doing objectives. Even for the losing faction.