Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
RhapsodyDownpour

Necromancy - GR = 0 Graves + Thoughts

Posted (edited)

So I like Necromancers in any game. Depending on what's done with them, however Crowfall is a different approach  to it entirely, one which I adore. However my main problem is getting it started. You're flat out punished from doing proper Necromancy without a Rune Shovel. It feels like the devs purposely left out shovels in order to gate Necromancy behind a huge time sink/investment, which I do have a problem with, every other craft in the game can be accessed right out the gate. Outside of the crafting tables. But Necromancy is problematic as you need to find graves. I don't see why we can't harvest parts from enemies we've killed of a particular race. Especially in PvP. Skulls are nice, but killing an opponent, then using their body parts to craft a vessel would not only be great, but it would serve to shoot someone's ego down a peg. Imagine PvPing, you're killed and the other team's Necro makes a body from your legs your arms/head, etc etc and then uses that vessel to kill you yet again. 

I'd very much like it if we had a stone shovel to use out the gate so we can practice Necromancy without needing a Disc to do so. I've invested quite a bit into my tree but its useless as I can't get a hold of a Rune Shovel. I can't get a hold of a Rune Shovel because I don't have enough gold. I have to sit and farm mobs to gain enough gold to buy one from another player. When this shouldn't be the case at all. Basic tools should at least allow players to dabble in the craft that they wish to work on. As a solo player without a guild, trying to get into Necromancy is a PITA. I really don't want to become some guilds resource slave where I need to fill item quota or do a 70/30 90/10 60/40 split of my items just to stay around either.

The bar for entry is rather high for Necromancer's but not for other crafters. Please don't do this, don't bar Necromancy to a higher tier of tools. Let people dabble. There's also no Graves in GR so we can't even hone Necromancy even if we wanted  to. It's strictly Campaign which you need to grind to 20 for to even get into and that's not even touching base on the material side of Necromancy. I'd rather it be a class at this point instead of this super niche insanely hard to start up craft. This isn't how you keep players around/invested. 

tl;dr - None. Go read.

Edited by RhapsodyDownpour

necromancy is gated because a vessel is literally the only thing in the game that will not eventually break and ideally GR would never drop any mats above white, its current iteration defeats the need for a campaign as shown by chaos refusal to leave GR outside of siege and the rare chaos zerg, on another note dont ever buy a shovel from a player vendor, everyone single one is over priced, farm the mats for it yourself and pay a crafter in dust to craft it, youll get better stats on it that way too, btw no good guild does 70/30 90/10 or 60/40, all the good ones do 100/0 ;)

29 minutes ago, RhapsodyDownpour said:

Lol. I'm not gonna fund the entirety of a guild. Not happening. Had to do the same thing in Albion with 0 pay off. That a yikes from me. 

if youre the only skinner in a guild shouldnt you fund the entirety of the guild on their leather needs?

42 minutes ago, Staff said:

if youre the only skinner in a guild shouldnt you fund the entirety of the guild on their leather needs?

No. I'll help fund part of it. Not the entire thing. 

Posted (edited)

They way Necromancy and Grave Digging currently work, any guild over 10 people will not have use for you anyway. They will have their own guild Necro/Grave digger in the guild that is concerned about winning and helping and not what % of in game personal wealth they get to keep for themselves.

I'm not sure why there are not basic and intermediate shovels but, you can make your own rune shovels at the rune-crafting station. You don't even have to have the rune equipped. just need 3 non-basic stone, 4 non-basic ore, and 1 wood. They will not be good tools, about as good as intermediate, but you can make them.

Edited by Yoink

aeei5jG.png

8 hours ago, Yoink said:

I'm not sure why there are not basic and intermediate shovels

I think it's that Necromancy and Jewelcrafting are the "advanced" crafts, so the resources for both of those take a bit more game knowledge to access.

tiPrpwh.png