Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Staff

100 Trial kills of Stormcaller Experience

Over the course of the last 2 trials i have almost exclusively played stormcaller with my recent stints on balance during siege as a titan being the only exception and having been the only stormcaller i had ever seen before this campaign i consider myself the one with the most experience on the current iteration of stormcaller and the most experienced with it in sieges, fort fights, and open world small scale and large scale. After playing stormcaller for these 2 campaigns these are my thoughts on it and what can be done to fix things that either dont work the way they should or dont make sense. I dont know which dev is responsible for druid but if you know please tag them in the comments.

SICKLE AND SHIELD

The other 2 druids get a death tray with their staff, i believe on stormcaller we should have the option to replace the shield and sickle with a staff for extra damage in exchange for extra resistances if we chose too

ABILITIES

Gaeas wail: Its still dreadful to land and while it hits like a truck its channel is too long to effectively use outside of zergs, this power simply does not work with any form of druid at all and especially not with the leather wearing mobility dependent stormcaller, i would like to see this replaced with a 30m dot that grows stronger with every hit done from your basic sparks perhaps taking 20% of each basic hit and adding it to the dot damage for 5 hits and lasting until a 6 second delay between basics occur.

Lightning burst: another ability unusable outside of zergvzerg situations, it has the same problems as wail, it roots you in place on the first ability, i simply wish to be able to move during every part of this power

Basic hits: As it is now stormcaller is very basic hit heavy like titan is but we dont get an extra 50% basic hit damage to keep at it and unlike titan we dont have several useful damaging abilities, as it is now we have just 1 and thats call storm which in my opinion is perfect as it is. If we're going to remain so basic hit heavy i would like to see more power scale off of basic hits like my wail suggestion

Sacrifice/Ritual Sacrifice: Sacrifice is actually a worthless power and forces us to throw away a passive point so we dont do more damage to ourselves then our enemies in battle, i want to see ritual sacrifice completely replace sacrifice in the talent tree and instead see the slot where ritual is now replaced with a power ill call stormcallers gambit for now which would mark a target, and every basic hit would add 1 mark on that target for 10 seconds, if you give the target 5 marks you get double the essence spent on those basic back but if you dont it takes double the essence away, id like to see more skillful play with stormcaller and i believe this would help raise the ceiling.

Storm Avatar: Please lower the cooldown to 3 minutes that is all.

PASSIVES

Electric skin: This passive is essential to stormcaller survivability and is currently not working, without it stormcaller is crippled with its survability