Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MiroAIIB

Runic Weapons. How to make?

I don't know if this has been asked already but I'm struggling to craft runic Weapons. Can somebody tell me a step by step instruction. Like what to craft on which crafting table?, What resources?, etc...

On 8/8/2019 at 4:31 PM, MiroAIIB said:

I don't know if this has been asked already but I'm struggling to craft runic Weapons. Can somebody tell me a step by step instruction. Like what to craft on which crafting table?, What resources?, etc...

Hi. Haven't built one myself yet, but as far as I remember you will need a runic weapon scroll (tribes loot), a leather scroll case (to put the recipe in) and depending on the recipe a certain gem. I think you will use the same weapon/component recipes as always, but they will show additional component slots (if the scroll is equipped), which, when used, will make your weapon/component runic.

2W1ZHpA.jpg

19 minutes ago, Kraahk said:

Hi. Haven't built one myself yet, but as far as I remember you will need a runic weapon scroll (tribes loot), a leather scroll case (to put the recipe in) and depending on the recipe a certain gem. I think you will use the same weapon/component recipes as always, but they will show additional component slots (if the scroll is equipped), which, when used, will make your weapon/component runic.

Does every tribe drop the same on every level or do I have to farm specific tribes on a specific lvl?

1 hour ago, MiroAIIB said:

Does every tribe drop the same on every level or do I have to farm specific tribes on a specific lvl?

I think different tribes drop different books, but I'm not sure which is which. The Urgu I think drop the book for the 2 handed weapons. The class of the mobs is likely a good indicator of which books they drop.

You will need 2 books. The first is the book for whatever weapon you want to make. For example, the book "Rune-Forged Compendium" enables the creation of Runic Longsword, Runic Mace, Runic Axe and Runic Short Sword. "A Treatise of Defense" enables the making of Runic Buckler, Runic Medium Shield and Runic Tower Shield. In order to use these recipes, you need the Leather Scroll Case minor discipline. Once you equip the minor disc, you can then equip the book, and when you craft the weapon, new additive slots will be opened in which you will be able to place runic subcomponents (which will make the weapon a runic weapon).

The second book you will need is the "186 step" book. That's not the full name, but I can never remember the full name. Anyway, that book is necessary to craft the subcomponents. There are 2 subcomponents, one crafted via runemaking and the other jewelcrafting, IIRC. So you craft the subcomponents, then use them to craft the weapon, and you get a runic weapon.

I've only seen the books drop from Captains and above (chiefs and kings). Maybe elites can drop them, but I've killed a lot of elites and don't ever remember getting a book from one. You will probably also need rank 6 or higher mobs. The 186 steps book is a 10 or 20 use item, while the other books are one use, but they are much more common than the 186 steps. I always seem to have plenty of books for the weapons and struggle to find the 186 steps book.

So, I got the books. But I keep struggling. In the crafting menus it says you need an esoteric rune but I don't see the receipt for an esoteric rune. Or is one of the other runes meant by this? If so, which?

And secondly, when I go to the "runic Weapons" slot the parts are different too then the ones for the normal ones (obviously!!). How do I get those? By looting? By crafting?

On 8/11/2019 at 9:58 AM, MiroAIIB said:

So, I got the books. But I keep struggling. In the crafting menus it says you need an esoteric rune but I don't see the receipt for an esoteric rune. Or is one of the other runes meant by this? If so, which?

And secondly, when I go to the "runic Weapons" slot the parts are different too then the ones for the normal ones (obviously!!). How do I get those? By looting? By crafting?

The esoteric runestone is made by runemakers and requires the proper loot book. The same book is also used by jewelers to make weapon gems for weapon crafters that have the proper belt tool to unlock that crafting slot.

PopeSigGIF.gif

Rub rock on face and say "Yes food is eaten now time for fight"