Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
ACE_FancyHats

5.100 LIVE Feedback for 8/9/2019

Vessel system & Necromancy is still clunky and hard to get into to upgrade from a white vessel to a unommon vessel for instant. I know some new systems related to rune upgrades are recently added so we need upgrade white discs runes into a upgraded vessel. But that is the most important branch in the whole crafting Tree which is Necromancy and it have a major role into the character progression system up from basic white stats to end game which is a legendary vessel.  

It`s important for ACE to create that Necromancy branch less clunky as possible since it plays a major role with our character progression system, and ACE need to continue to improve it until the soft launch, because that vessel information is cruicial to the game CF based on reasons below. 

1. White vessel compare to legendary on the power curve and stat differences is huge in % and it involve a lot of work to get there including upgraded disc. runes.
  2. In small scale PvP in Dreg campaigns permanent vessel upgrades will have a much larger impact related to balance and PvP - compare to huge siege fights in Faction campaigns which is more about total numbers and players on each side.
  3. Necromancy is the most important crafting branch in the game since it is connected to our character progression so all will be affected by it.

Well It`s my feedback this evening - I`ve almost all 6 characters in white vessel at lv. 30 in this new patch which is quick to level and fun, but the vessel upgrade system need to be improved by ACE so character progression information is well known to the player base before the soft launch even if it require team cooperation to gather all crafting materials. 

Personally I would avoid character progression with a crafting branch and system, because all will do it and not all enjoy crafting in an mmo which is focused on PvP like CF. There are no quests in this game, or raids like in WoW - so the most important aspect of Crowfall is PvP - so characte progression is vital if this game will be successful or not in the future. So ACE need to go through this and talk about it how they are going to solve the vessel system before it soft launch world wide.  

MQfHl7c.png

Crowfall Game Client: https://www.crowfall.com/en/client/

Archers are incredibly over bearing. Rangers can delete players in a few seconds from ranges of 65m or more. I have supplied a video below, judge for yourself if you think this is balanced. Keep in mind I only have 750 AP and 170% crit hit damage or less depending on how old the clip is. I dont think we can reasonably say this is ok, especially with how low the skill ceiling is on the class. Hold left click 3 times and press rapid fire = kill. Dont forget the projectile is the size of a small city so you cant even miss.

Posted (edited)

So i took a break and now that clerics can heal a lot more there a problem with alpha warriors. When you can have 2 clerics able to keep up a strong aoe class like that they eliminate the reason to have other melee classes in group fights. Since your now able to keep them up easier they charging neck breakers up consistently(you dont need to hit enemies to charge it). Not sure if the devs know what it does. But neck breakers are a very strong aoe damage that also does a knockdown give immunity to the alpha for like 2 secs also. That also charges very quickly. It also requires just hitting a single button. With a class single ability that powerful and able to stay alive with that high of aoe damage is the reason you dont see many other melee's. There no need for a class with a tank spec class since alpha able to survive and do massive aoe damage. All other dps melee classes (with exception to titan myrm) are replaced. I can go on about how champion has everything in their base kit except a root but ill keep it to just the neck breaker since that the big issue.

Seeing that  alpha hasn't been changed at all during my month and a half break maybe im the only one that see it this way. 

Now that range classes are better like archer ranger(like balathan said is completely broken. que the streams of them lvling) and confessor just adds even more not to bring other types of melee dps. I havent seen a single duelist during all the group fight i did this campaign. I have been to many. I can name the only knight, templar, assassin, and warden ranger i have seen. And that because I seen those people on that class every campaign i played.

Just to add also since they can just have tanky clerics keeping them up in back lines. I think the only healing druid i seen is Sanna.

For keep fights. If someone says "must-log-in-for-keeps-tonight". That sentence like that make me think that they really not enjoying them self at keep fights. So maybe its not that they were everyday but overall not that fun?

Edited by Drewcifer

For a single player with a single account using a single vessel, the embargo system isn't bad. Once you've done it once, it's pretty simple to work with.

The logistics of optimizing exports for a guild with many players, each with multiple vessels is a pain. Consolidating items of types of materials into stacks on various players and vessels, and then running through rounds of must, should, could & won't export is a big pain that I will not be looking forward to repeating at the end of the next campaign.

Shorter campaigns will only magnify the pain.

A guild vault would make the consolidation portion easier, render many of the alt vessels unnecessary from the start, and give a better view of what high value exports the guild needs to give priority to.

Getting guild support into the game would be a massive QoL improvement. With the next major goal being Dregs, it seems to me that it would be a near term priority.

On 8/10/2019 at 2:25 PM, Drewcifer said:

Brigand ranger just feels like a gimped archer ranger. Brigand bombs take way to long to go off. has a 2m range. so simply backpeddling enemy's will never get hit. Even if you are ganking someone and start with the stun trap a retailate and moving will make only one or 2 dots go on the enemy( since it take forever to go off and again 2m range). Every healers pretty much runs field surgeon so if you get full dots your pretty much healing the enemy thanks to purg. Even if someone does get all 3 dots and they on someone and they dont get purged. Damage still wouldnt equal a single 3k+ neck breaker damage which is 10 times easier to land( since its like 1 sec vs 6secs for all 3 traps). Overall melee damage ability's are weak compared to tankier melee classes like myrm.

So really there no reward in going to try to aoe bomb groups. 

Tankier classes that are able to easily out dps leather classes leaves no real place for Brigand other then on the back land using a bow. So may as well just be archer.

Brigands are really strong. Not all classes/promos are going to be good at Zerg PvP. 

Part of the reason we have multiple vessels

2 hours ago, VaMei said:

For a single player with a single account using a single vessel, the embargo system isn't bad. Once you've done it once, it's pretty simple to work with.

The logistics of optimizing exports for a guild with many players, each with multiple vessels is a pain. Consolidating items of types of materials into stacks on various players and vessels, and then running through rounds of must, should, could & won't export is a big pain that I will not be looking forward to repeating at the end of the next campaign.

Shorter campaigns will only magnify the pain.

A guild vault would make the consolidation portion easier, render many of the alt vessels unnecessary from the start, and give a better view of what high value exports the guild needs to give priority to.

Getting guild support into the game would be a massive QoL improvement. With the next major goal being Dregs, it seems to me that it would be a near term priority.

Just the thought of it makes me tear up a little.

lPoLZtm.png

well the game is fun to play but it was a dejavu of warframe in the early fase over again by bad tutorial of the the mechanics and progression in game. if this could be worked out inm some kind of questing way or some thing that would be nice

On 8/12/2019 at 3:30 AM, Balathan said:

Archers are incredibly over bearing. Rangers can delete players in a few seconds from ranges of 65m or more. I have supplied a video below, judge for yourself if you think this is balanced. Keep in mind I only have 750 AP and 170% crit hit damage or less depending on how old the clip is. I dont think we can reasonably say this is ok, especially with how low the skill ceiling is on the class. Hold left click 3 times and press rapid fire = kill. Dont forget the projectile is the size of a small city so you cant even miss.

Instead of giving Melee 3m range, they should have tightened the barn size hitbox for ranged.

Melee 3m range and desync is a huge problem especially if the combatants are moving the same direction.

Btw.  @Balathan Good video, shows pretty much also a second problem.  Ranged players have no need to see ally healthbars, and when looking at the ... “group” of targets, they can often not see/find the right target, purely because of the clutter.  It’s an issue which would be nice to in some manner see adressed.

Huginn ok Muninn, fljúga hverjan dag, Jörmungrund yfir; óumk ek of Hugin,, at hann aftr né komi-t, þó sjámk meir of Munin

Gathering of Ranger videos

5 hours ago, oneply said:

Brigands are really strong. Not all classes/promos are going to be good at Zerg PvP. 

Part of the reason we have multiple vessels

Not sure how i can agree since you give absolutely 0 input. 

Tankier classes that are able to easily out dps leather classes leaves no real place for Brigand other then on the back land using a bow. So may as well just be archer.

That is the sentence that most important of what i posted. When you have alpha and titans able  to be front line since with new healing changes there no need for other Tank/melee specs since there able to do both(not just talking brigand here). But with your thinking that ok because not all classes/promo can be good at group pvp.

All honesty I think brigand is a solid spec for group pvp. Just way behind alpha and titan. And currently archer ranger is just doing way to much damage far away from any sort of danger.

So im willing to agree with someone if they actually tell me why I am wrong.

On 8/12/2019 at 11:30 AM, Balathan said:

It can be hard to finish people off as archer in large groups cause when people get half they dodge behind there group which make them impossible to hit while they get healed up :P

Veeshan Midst of UXA

47 minutes ago, Drewcifer said:

Not sure how i can agree since you give absolutely 0 input. 

That is the sentence that most important of what i posted. When you have alpha and titans able  to be front line since with new healing changes there no need for other Tank/melee specs since there able to do both(not just talking brigand here). But with your thinking that ok because not all classes/promo can be good at group pvp.

All honesty I think brigand is a solid spec for group pvp. Just way behind alpha and titan. And currently archer ranger is just doing way to much damage far away from any sort of danger.

So im willing to agree with someone if they actually tell me why I am wrong.

Some classes excel on the 1v1/gank situations. Others on the small group PvP. And some at the large scale PvP. Trying to make every class fit every situation waters them all down. Every class can contribute to group engagements, sometimes your role changes as the situation changes.

Brigand excels at the gank situations. High sustain and solid damage. The style isn’t for everyone. Xary loves it, should hit him up if you want better info. 

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, oneply said:

Some classes excel on the 1v1/gank situations. Others on the small group PvP. And some at the large scale PvP. Trying to make every class fit every situation waters them all down. Every class can contribute to group engagements, sometimes your role changes as the situation changes.

Brigand excels at the gank situations. High sustain and solid damage. The style isn’t for everyone. Xary loves it, should hit him up if you want better info. 

There is literally a video of a archer fitting all your situations just a couple post up. That proving there currently classes that are fitting every situation. So it water down group fights since your gimping your group not bringing them

Edited by Drewcifer

Spoiler

Lots of great feedback in this thread folks, thanks!  We appreciate it!  Much of it we can't address until the next major version but we are recording it all and tasking folks appropriately.

Gordon Walton, ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.  [Rules of Conduct]

Follow us on Twitter @CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

On 8/11/2019 at 4:41 PM, CaelanAther said:

A loot all option would be nice as well as when the loot window opens it does not also open the inventory menu (which takes up 2/3 of the screen i might add).  Just the loot window is enough cause having both open at same time is obstructive to what we can see in game.  This is the only game i know of where the inventory window opens up with the loot window.

Our inventory comes up as it is the indicator that you have switched to mouse cursor mode (which is why it's open any time you can use the mouse).  When we didn't have this early on it was even more confusing being in or out of the mouse cursor mode.    Not arguing this is ideal, more explaining how we got to this!

Gordon Walton, ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.  [Rules of Conduct]

Follow us on Twitter @CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook