Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

When a barrier explodes from Force Mage, what is it's damage type? @ACE_FancyHats @vkromas @ACE_JackalBark (in order of favorite devs)

40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

18 hours ago, ACE_FancyHats said:

This barrier damage is based off your weapon type, so for example it would be slashing damage if you were using a sword. Many thanks to @vkromas for helping to find the answer.

What’s the formula for the damage?  Does it benefit from damage %?  Do the barriers from pit fighter benefit from barrier bonus (I’m being told they don’t all of the time).  

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

12 minutes ago, ACE_FancyHats said:

@vkromas any chance you can shed further light on this?

Powers are legit my achilles heel but I can try to dig into this a bit further.

If I'm reading this right, it does an additional percentage of weapon damage, but I'm not 100% certain of this. @mhalashace or @thomasblair Do you have any more info you could share about the above powers questions?

Posted (edited)
42 minutes ago, vkromas said:

Powers are legit my achilles heel but I can try to dig into this a bit further.

If I'm reading this right, it does an additional percentage of weapon damage, but I'm not 100% certain of this. @mhalashace or @thomasblair Do you have any more info you could share about the above powers questions?

So pit fighter is built around barriers but only 2 of its 4 abilities are doing damege with force mage and it doesn’t appear that they apply barrier bonus consistently (formula wise).  

Edited by mandalore

wiDfyPp.png

52 minutes ago, Xarrayne said:

Also if say a Druid casts Barkskin barrier on the group, will the shield be calculated from the casters stats or the recipients stats?

It was explained to me that barrier bonus is based off the person the barrier is on, not the caster. 

wiDfyPp.png

Posted (edited)

So if I use Ultimate Warrior on my Arcane Archer Alpha Warrior and switch to range tray while the barrier is still up, will it (Force mage explosion) do Ice damage from my Spellbound Bow and Ice quiver?   Seems a stretch, I'd bet it does my melee weapon type (sash or crush).   I'll test when I can.   Still love this build.

Edited by Frykka

6FUI4Mk.jpg

Sugoi - Senpai

Posted (edited)

Currently, Ultimate Warrior (and Might and Brutal) and Invincible Warrior barrier expirations do not activate Rupture.  Force Barrier (from Force Mage passive) and Whirling Pain barriers do activate Rupture.

Question: Why are the Pitfighter barriers only lasting for about 0.5 seconds?  Is that intended @mhalashace

Edited by Ble