Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Pann

War Story of the Week: Galvia

When I began my work day this morning, one of the first things I saw was a message that Marth had sent last night. It read, "There was a massive fight tonight. Hopefully someone sends you footage, was easily 70v70."

I asked around and it was Galvia to the rescue. He was still in the process of getting the video prepped for YouTube, but hurried that along and shared the link.

My favorite part of the video is when he admits that he was getting so salty that he switched off the audio. That's not to say that I enjoy Galvia being unhappy, but rather that it's a great sign that the game, even in pre-alpha, can evoke that much emotion.

Not all War Stories are success stories, but boy howdy, can those feels be real.  What’s been your favorite Crowfall moment so far?

Valerie "Pann" Massey, Director of Community

47 minutes ago, soulein said:

Is that progressive techno?

It's royalty free - is what it is :P

3 hours ago, Marth said:

Oh cool someone had it. Prob closer to 50v50 tho. 

The title was in reference to the total size of the fight, not each force. Also click baiting or whatever. Still very hype.

Thanks for the shoutout @Pann!

Great stuff.  Love me a big fight.

How did melee players find targeting and applying DPS in this fight?

7 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Great stuff.  Love me a big fight.

How did melee players find targeting and applying DPS in this fight?

Target acquisition is a big problem/skill in this game and it has been made harder by the nerf to 3m range (from 5m) for Melee. It was almost certainly needed for balancing, but I miss a lot of skills/kills that I would have gotten in the previous patch quite easily.

Overall it is manageable, but you need very good comms and planning ahead of time to be effective as a melee DPS player. Ranged DPS have it a lot easier, but their damage is somewhat lower in burst so that's totally reasonable (except for Confessors, you OP bastards).

7 hours ago, Crushedvelvet said:

Here's the same siege from the victorious Chaos defenders angle for any interested - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZ95itrGjM0

Can't wait to review this. I was pretty disappointed in our performance at the fight itself and it helps a lot to see things from the other side. Great fights CV!

Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, Pann said:

I asked around

Where?

twitter? No

forums? Nope

official or unofficial discord? Nah

Facebook? Nada

Edited by oneply

5 hours ago, oneply said:

Where?

twitter? No

forums? Nope

official or unofficial discord? Nah

Facebook? Nada

She asked in the streamer/content creator discord, so she did ask folks across both factions :P I just had the video up first.