Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Leather Gathering

Khenjin

so I think something really needs to be done about leather gathering.

I know a few people just from my own guild that don't want to run leather only classes because of it..

I farm leather for blacksmith items and that alone is annoying. I couldn't imagine running 1 or more leather wearing classes and having to gear/re-gear them.

A suggestion for a very simple fix -

Leave everything the same, but reduce the maximum health of "skinning nodes" by around half.

so you still have to kill and skin but it only takes half the time to actually skin.

8 hours ago, Khenjin said:

so I think something really needs to be done about leather gathering.

I know a few people just from my own guild that don't want to run leather only classes because of it..

I farm leather for blacksmith items and that alone is annoying. I couldn't imagine running 1 or more leather wearing classes and having to gear/re-gear them.

A suggestion for a very simple fix -

Leave everything the same, but reduce the maximum health of "skinning nodes" by around half.

so you still have to kill and skin but it only takes half the time to actually skin.

This is a reasonable suggestion.

LMAO my website is broken please click this to apply to Flames of Exile (maybe, if that's not busted too)

On 5/11/2015 at 1:48 PM, CAWCAWCAW said:

Rub rock on face and say "Yes food is eaten now time for fight"

Material cost requirement on leather seems to be less than the ore/wood counterpart atleast when it comes to weapons where stitch leather is a 1/1/1 recipe instead of a 3/3/3 recipe, armor though i think still roughtly the same which sucks alot -.-

Veeshan Midst of UXA

Its just i know already of around 5 people that don't want to run druids or assassins because of the leather cost on armour.

i feel something really needs to change with it.

I personally like my carcass idea because its a simple way of not having to sit there and skin each mob and you can at any time you want go and turn it into leather

Its rather easy to get a set of blue leather armour with all the R10 mobs around still a pain compared the blue plate though.

Edited by veeshan

Veeshan Midst of UXA

1 hour ago, veeshan said:

Its rather easy to get a set of blue leather armour with all the R10 mobs around still a pain compared the blue plate though.

It's easy, but way more painful than mining. also lack of motherloads.
maybe make ancients like a motherload for harvesting, need 2 people and it gives a high chance for rare leather/more leather?

also gotta think of the danger it puts you in gathering leather, way easier to gank someone fighting than someone mining.

Edited by Khenjin

6 hours ago, Khenjin said:

Its just i know already of around 5 people that don't want to run druids or assassins because of the leather cost on armour.

i feel something really needs to change with it.

I personally like my carcass idea because its a simple way of not having to sit there and skin each mob and you can at any time you want go and turn it into leather

Druids wear mail.

LMAO my website is broken please click this to apply to Flames of Exile (maybe, if that's not busted too)

3 hours ago, CretinActual said:

I'm pretty certain that only one tree of druid can even wear mail.

I'm pretty certain I only know one druid.

Probably because of the leather thing.

Clearly I don't know what I'm talking about.

19 minutes ago, PopeUrban said:

I'm pretty certain I only know one druid.

Probably because of the leather thing.

Clearly I don't know what I'm talking about.

Hey I play a druid

But I use mail because gathering leather could be used as a punishment