Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
koregen

Can we add more stairs to the main area?

What an eye sore! I really hope those were at least built procedural, because I'd really hate to think that you had an artist spend a significant amount of hours under the direction of management to put something like this together. 

So disappointing.

On 8/11/2019 at 7:26 AM, koregen said:

[...] those [...] this [...] disappointing.

I really don't want to offend you, but if you really want to contribute to the development and it's result, I would suggest to be (much) more precise.

What exactely causes your eye sore? Where (e.g.: what's the main area in your opinion?) and how and why?

I applaude your attitude on sharing what you think ain't good enough for the later game. That's perfect. But you need to improve your ability to describe your observations in a way that will help others to understand what you are talking about and what causes the issue more precisely ... if you really want to make a positive impact ... and by this maybe even contribute to a change.

This said, looking forward to hear more from you.

Have fun, good luck
Kraahk

2W1ZHpA.jpg

6 minutes ago, Kraahk said:

This said, looking forward to hear more from you.

Please do not get Kor started. I only have so many hours a day to debate the man hour cost of stairs and I will hear about this in guild discord.

PopeSigGIF.gif

Rub rock on face and say "Yes food is eaten now time for fight"

11 minutes ago, PopeUrban said:

Please do not get Kor started. I only have so many hours a day to debate the man hour cost of stairs and I will hear about this in guild discord.

Are you saying that Kor is one of yours? :)

2W1ZHpA.jpg

Posted (edited)
31 minutes ago, Kraahk said:

Are you saying that Kor is one of yours? :)

Yes and he is a fine guild member, human being, friend, and promising artist.

(Please note that Koregen's opinions on stairs are his own and do not necessarily reflect the position of Flames of Exile or the Factional Monarchy)

(Our official position on Koregen is that we like him despite his rants about these things.)

Edited by PopeUrban

PopeSigGIF.gif

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, PopeUrban said:

Yes and he is a fine guild member, human being, friend, and promising artist.

Then rest assured, sit back relaxed and rejoice, knowing that, besides your guild chat, now an additional place has been found, where certain issues can be channeled into constructivity. One you don't need to take care about -- but may to, if you freely chose to do so.

In my experience, people with an artists soul are often very fine people with extraordinarily good senses regarding what they see in the world. Though one of their usual issues seem to be the expression -- how to translate to others, what they see. Indeed, if dealt with this "issue" in a positive way, what could be a problem can turn out to be a very special opportunity and one of the reasons for the miraculous effect art can have on us. Like listening to a completely different language, whilst completely getting what it is meant to say. The power of understanding, without understanding why you understand - just understanding and being understood on a deeper level. Just feeling it.

It can not be wrong to get more in touch with the world (as long as we are able to positively process what it brings to us). To learn different "languages" (like mandarin, latin, body language, sign language, music, visual arts, and so on) and to enhance the own ability to understand and be understood in them by others more precisely.

In the end we are all humans, living on the same planet. With our own kind being both the best hope and the worst enemy. I know you didn't mean it this way, but ... you wrote the words and it could be read this way ... so I need to answer to (ask about) it in full kraahk mode.

What would you prefer: A member and friend, taken seriously - even though publicly not providing really useful informations in the first run, still being encouraged to freely speak about worries and given the chance to evolve and maybe make a difference? Or a member and friend being hushed up (or even laughed at) just so it will save some people some effort because it could become a great opportunity to learn to better shut up?

I always chose the first. (I don't always like it, though. :D )

But still, I am confident that this is what we need to do. Always! If we don't understand, we need to create an environment that will allow us to understand more. Not understanding, or not being understood, is never a one-sided issue, but a mutual problem. And mutual problems are best solved mutually. This is not some kind of exaggerated theoretical philosophical mindset. It's a question of practical solution orientation and mutual efficiency.

For that is how we grow as a group. When we all grow. 

So ... (still) looking forward to mutual growth, interesting new points of view and the opportunity to learn more. ;) And never forget to ...

Have fun, good luck
KH0kWAt.jpg
Kraahk

Edited by Kraahk

2W1ZHpA.jpg

Posted (edited)

You are right Kraahk constructive criticism would be more usefull. I'd love to upload some screenshots, however this feature is not built into the forums directly and relies on 3rd party urls. I have tried a few but have given up because the link they produce is not accepted. Another pet peeve...

But to give written constructive criticism the shaders are broken, anti aliasing doesn't really work on low settings(I have not tested max settings) so when you add those problems to the fact that the layout and composition is poor then end result is not pretty. That being said, even if the technical part of the design was dialed in 100% the composition is very amateur and valuable poly count is being wasted. We need stairs and they add to the look but sometimes less is more!

Edited by koregen

2 hours ago, koregen said:

You are right Kraahk constructive criticism would be more usefull. I'd love to upload some screenshots, however this feature is not built into the forums directly and relies on 3rd party urls. I have tried a few but have given up because the link they produce is not accepted. Another pet peeve...

But to give written constructive criticism the shaders are broken, anti aliasing doesn't really work on low settings(I have not tested max settings) so when you add those problems to the fact that the layout and composition is poor then end result is not pretty. That being said, even if the technical part of the design was dialed in 100% the composition is very amateur and valuable poly count is being wasted. We need stairs and they add to the look but sometimes less is more!

i use imgur for this purpose

you can also capture the link from discord like so:

unknown.png

PopeSigGIF.gif

13 hours ago, koregen said:

[...]3rd party urls. I have tried a few but have given up because the link they produce is not accepted. [...]

Just like PopeUrban I also use imgur.com. It can be used without creating an account, but it makes things easier if you do.

With an account, after uploading the screenshot mouseover your account name on the top right, click on "images" in the dropdown menu, click on the image you want to link and then copy the link in the "direct link" field. You can just paste into your posting and it will show the picture.

Without an account you get shown several "share links", not including the "direct link".  For example the "image link". Looks like this ->

https://imgur.com/UZs7YsN

You can make a direct link out of it yourself by adding "i." before "imgur" and ".jpg" after the image code at the end (befor you paste it into the posting). This way you get the picture into the post and not just the link. Like this ->

UZs7YsN.jpg

The forum is not ACE's work, but provided by the 3rd party Invision. I guess it's just more simple and cheap for them to do it this way during development. One thing off the plate, right? ;) Of course this causes other issues, like restricted options regarding what the forum can provide. But I suppose we just have to live with it. At least for now.

However, looking forward to see your screenshots. :)

2W1ZHpA.jpg

Posted (edited)

I created an account with imugr but I'm having the same problem when I copy the link after clicking on 'insert image from url' it just blinks red and does not submit.

Strange.

Edited by koregen

just use discord, create your own private server and post whatever pic you wanna post on here in a channel in it then just copy the link and paste

hoayaga2.jpg

7 hours ago, koregen said:

after clicking on 'insert image from url'

You don't need to do that. Just paste the link into the text field with ctrl+v.

2W1ZHpA.jpg