• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
cyjax

Please add a Loot/Take all function

Posted (edited)

Greetings,

A good quality of life addition to looting PVE mobs would be a take all / loot all function.  I can understand where you would not want to add it to player corpse looting but for the love of QoL please add one for PVE.  Most of the PVE mobs are nickel slot quality garbage loot, can't expect an enjoyable experience individually looting each piece of garbage loot.

PS.  Keep up the good work, game is looking better every time I come back.

Edited by cyjax

10 hours ago, cyjax said:

Greetings,

A good quality of life addition to looting PVE mobs would be a take all / loot all function.  I can understand where you would not want to add it to player corpse looting but for the love of QoL please add one for PVE.  Most of the PVE mobs are nickel slot quality garbage loot, can't expect an enjoyable experience individually looting each piece of garbage loot.

PS.  Keep up the good work, game is looking better every time I come back.

This

4 hours ago, KDSProm said:

The whole loot system is made 'against farming'. Encouraging afk farming is not a good idea for a healthy game. 
Please let the loot system be :)

You really think its hard to program clicking where the loot appears using a macro? hint: it's not

4 hours ago, KDSProm said:

The whole loot system is made 'against farming'. Encouraging afk farming is not a good idea for a healthy game. 
Please let the loot system be :)

Hello KDSProm,

I've been playing MMO's since UO launched in 97.  I can assure you that take all / loot all functions are not the main driver for afk farming scripts, I would go one step further and argue that the opposite is true.  Let me break it down for you friend.  AFK bot farming is born out of market demand.  If a game is developed with a system that makes accessibility tedious, and in this case there is no argument that looting PVE mobs is tedious, then you will have folks who engineer their own solutions around solving that problem for themselves and others.  If you think that take all / loot all is going to stop someone hell bent on AFK bot farming you are sadly mistaken friend.  For them the loot box is simply broken down into a grid with click coordinates, their scripts will solve the tedium problem and efficiently sweep the grid for items more quickly and efficiently thus creating a market for those who refuse to be bothered with engaging in the tedium of looting.  Which lever are humans more likely to keep pressing, the lever that requires 100 times more effort or the lever that requires the path of least resistance.

What leads to afk bot farming are game companies who get desperate for subs and offer free 2 play entry to their games with no account level accountability.  Games that allow character names fully untethered from account name.  Zones where there is no risk of being killed and looted.  The slippery slope ACE needs to watch out for is BOTS Reach imo.

Posted (edited)

ACE could potentially head off the pass of people AFK farming in their noob friendly zones by implementing a loot captcha.  Obviously they would need something more complex than a pixel color grid, they need a system that requires human thought.  Many UO freeshards implemented gathering captchas to ward off AFK bot farming and it is very effective.  The interaction need only occur occasionally but is very effective in hamstringing these AFK farming bots you are so worried about.

Edited by cyjax

To be honest this is exactly what I was thinking the first time I played. 

The automated farming issue is irrelevant; the way resource farming is perfect which hinders the bot approach (for the most part). However, when you are farming mobs for gear/gold/xp the interface pops up hindering game play as well as forcing you to select the individual item to get into your inventory which is tedious. This is a needless interruption to game play and immersion. Loot all in the instance that it affects kill-able mobs would be a great addition to the game and play ability imho.

To the point KDSProm made; he is correct in the assumption that a loot all would make it easier for a bot to farm but I would argue that making a game more difficult to play hurts its over all success. Industries spawn from figuring out how to make games easier to play. Seeing how that looting is a QOL issues and not a competitive issue I would say that it is irrelevant and ultimately hurts the game by making the interface harder for the sake of getting rid of bots. Additionally the point that the grid interface doesn't actually stop bots is more to the point of why this aspect is really just a hindrance to the player than to a bot.

Making the UI more difficult encourages players to find ways to make it easier. Having established that the interface as it stands doesn't actually hinder bot kill farming but hinders the player; the way it stands promotes bot usage or atleast macro or automation use which is categorically the same. I would agree that when this comes to PVP though that loot all should not be an option.

SO to reiterate please add the option to "Loot All" for quick looting as well as not hindering game play while looting.  If this is still not an option change the loot strategy for non-PVP kill loot to the same as resource looting and spawn it similar to resource (aka diablo approach) but i would suspect that given the nature of the loot and the volume this would a rendering nightmare on the server side and not ideal for game/server health.

1 hour ago, Dieec23 said:

for non-PVP kill loot to the same as resource looting and spawn it similar to resource (aka diablo approach)

Loot doobers from PvE, yes!  This would solve the open inventory/close inventory annoyance going on right now.

tiPrpwh.png

37 minutes ago, miraluna said:

Loot doobers from PvE, yes!  This would solve the open inventory/close inventory annoyance going on right now.

if there was one key to look in inv to take selective loot (ie chiefs so you dont insta gib your inv or fill up on stuff you dont want) and a loot all that would be nice

5 hours ago, cyjax said:

ACE could potentially head off the pass of people AFK farming in their noob friendly zones by implementing a loot captcha.  Obviously they would need something more complex than a pixel color grid, they need a system that requires human thought.  Many UO freeshards implemented gathering captchas to ward off AFK bot farming and it is very effective.  The interaction need only occur occasionally but is very effective in hamstringing these AFK farming bots you are so worried about.

Outside of not going F2P or designing a PvP game with no safe farming zones, there is very little that can be done without hurting everyone else in some way. That's the issue, botter's and hackers will adapt very quickly to anything the dev's do leaving the players with annoying systems that only worked for days or weeks at most. 

4 minutes ago, mystafyi said:

Outside of not going F2P or designing a PvP game with no safe farming zones, there is very little that can be done without hurting everyone else in some way. That's the issue, botter's and hackers will adapt very quickly to anything the dev's do leaving the players with annoying systems that only worked for days or weeks at most. 

What examples can you provide of anti botting systems that failed in mere days or weeks and what made those systems annoying?  Or are you just projecting an opinion?  I've had first hand experience harvesting with a captcha system that was overall seen by the community as a good thing for the virtual economy as it prevented the flood of resources tied to rail botting.  What is so annoying about every 30 minutes or so, whilst farming in a non pvp zone like gods reach, asking you a simple question?

There are already bots in game, I suppose the *expert* that has been playing since '97 already knows this though? The captcha system, is the only system I have seen work. While I am 100% against PvP loot being 1 click, for PvE it does not matter at all in this game as you are in a safe zone for it. But yeah, the bots are already there, the click to loot system is already by-passed.

4 hours ago, cyjax said:

What examples can you provide of anti botting systems that failed in mere days or weeks and what made those systems annoying?  Or are you just projecting an opinion?  I've had first hand experience harvesting with a captcha system that was overall seen by the community as a good thing for the virtual economy as it prevented the flood of resources tied to rail botting.  What is so annoying about every 30 minutes or so, whilst farming in a non pvp zone like gods reach, asking you a simple question?

Captcha hacks are easier to come by now, some are now built in 3rd party bot programs for mmo's. Sure, having some popup captcha puzzle every 30 min or so will help keep the honest, honest, but if the game design itself doesn't hinder botting and RMT, no amount of gimmicks will stop the dedicated.