Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
veeshan

Fire/Slashing Quiver suggestions

These 2 quivers are by far the worst out of the 5 we currently have access to so here a suggestion to buff them a little.

Fire Quiver
Change the fire quiver burn affect to a more explosive arrow affect so every 3 attack does 50% fire dmg to everyone in a 5m radius around the target that gets hit, Gives a good large scale pvp option.

Slashing Quiver options here
- Increase the execute threshold to 50% hp remaining this is to take into account that execute only trigger on every 3rd attack and has a long charge before it does some actual dmg. Problem is atm to use them atm you gotta like you need god like timing to hold a 3rd arrow and release it the moment somone drops them below 20% and tbh at 20% hp a non executed shot 3rd can crit and kill somone fairly easily if there not a tank, you tend to have higher DPS with peircing arrows than what you get off the execute which only happen when targets below 20%.

- 2nd option Change the affect to a penetrating shot so every 3rd attack is a straight line aoe with a 10% dmg reduction for each target after the first (Kinda like kill shot from Rifle warriors from GW2)

-3rd option Have the 3rd attack execute deal true dmg so cant be mitigated by armor. 

Veeshan Midst of UXA

Rework them all:

All quivers adjusted to 30% proc chance, no more counting shots

Only autoattacks may proc

Retire arrows, replace newbie arrows with quivers.

Piercing (default, quiver granted to ranger base class) - passthrough damage proc, hits 1 target behind the first for full damage (groupfight/ambush utility)

slashing (granted by Sharpshooter) - 10s minor bleed proc (antistealth utility)

crushing (granted by sharpshooter) - 2m standing knockback (solo/kite/support utility)

fire (granted by arcane archer) - 25% base damage, 75% as 6 second DoT (skirmishing utility)

ice (granted by Warden, removed from arcane archer) - 2s slow proc (chase utility)

NEW Quivers

lightning (granted by arcane archer, replaces ice) - arcs to up to 2 additional targets within 5m, 50% reduced damage on target 1, 75% reduced damage on target 2 (zerg fight utility)

Gas (nature) proc (granted by Brigand)   - creates damaging cloud at target's location for 5 seconds with a 3m radius (stack breaking/zoning utility)

New Major Discipline

Trickster

Ranger, Confessor, Assassin

Does NOT grant equips or trays

Explosive Shot (Ranged Tray, Bow Attack, 30m range) - Instantly fire an explosive shot, dealing fire damage to up to 5 targets in a 15m radius

Trick Shots (Passive, Ranged Tray) You deal 15% less damage with bow attacks and gain 15% arrow proc chance.

Kick Sand (Melee Attack, Ranged/Melee trays) Blind your target for 2 seconds

Fancy Footwork (Passive, Ranged Tray) When struck with a melee attack, leap 15m away from your attacker. This ability can only trigger once every 25 seconds.

Edited by PopeUrban

PopeSigGIF.gif

Rub rock on face and say "Yes food is eaten now time for fight"

21 minutes ago, ZYBAK said:

Buffing Rangers shouldn't really be a priority. 🤣

Its more trying to make other quiver viable than anything else other wise why even have them.

Veeshan Midst of UXA

24 minutes ago, PopeUrban said:

Rework them all:

NEW Quivers

lightning (granted by arcane archer, replaces ice) - arcs to up to 2 additional targets within 5m, 50% reduced damage on target 1, 75% reduced damage on target 2 (zerg fight utility)

30% proc would deter from the 2 tap hold method some people use just to use the last hit to trigger quiver quickly.

I had similair thought with the lightning quiver like a bounch attack like chain lighting style attack, kinda wanted a 3rd elemental quiver since there technically 3 physical ones dispite one being universal (Piercing one).

Veeshan Midst of UXA

1 minute ago, veeshan said:

30% proc would deter from the 2 tap hold method some people use just to use the last hit to trigger quiver quickly.

I had similair thought with the lightning quiver like a bounch attack like chain lighting style attack, kinda wanted a 3rd elemental quiver since there technically 3 physical ones dispite one being universal (Piercing one).

Yeah, the 123 chain never did really place nice with bow's charging mechanics IMO, which is why i suggest this change.

You'd want to keep the 70% charge requirement for procs though to keep people from just machinegunning for procs. (Though that could be an interesting bow disc all its own, a charge-less bow disc with damage adjustments and stuff)

PopeSigGIF.gif

15 hours ago, PopeUrban said:

Rework them all:

Only autoattacks may proc

Retire arrows, replace newbie arrows with quivers.

Piercing (default, quiver granted to ranger base class) - passthrough damage proc, hits 1 target behind the first for full damage (groupfight/ambush utility)

slashing (granted by Sharpshooter) - 10s minor bleed proc (antistealth utility)

crushing (granted by sharpshooter) - 2m standing knockback (solo/kite/support utility)

fire (granted by arcane archer) - 25% base damage, 75% as 6 second DoT (skirmishing utility)

ice (granted by Warden, removed from arcane archer) - 2s slow proc (chase utility)

NEW Quivers

Gas (nature) proc (granted by Brigand)   - creates damaging cloud at target's location for 5 seconds with a 3m radius (stack breaking/zoning utility)

Don’t like anything to do with quiver damage being based on promotion class.

Also prefer it be kept as a craft item. Crafters have been devalued enough with the gear drops don’t need to dilute everything a crafter is required for. 

I do like some of the changes proposed to the way they do damage. Would put more value into the choice. 

1 hour ago, Tyrannicall said:

Maybe its just me but i have 0 issues with slashing quiver currently. It does quite well on my brigand and i never seem to have an issue timing the execute with the third hit lol

My problem is that it’s a chance to execute. And there’s nothing that tells you if your attack procc’ed the execute or not

giphy.gif

You Can't Be A Genius, If You Aren't The Slightest Bit Insane.

4 hours ago, oneply said:

Don’t like anything to do with quiver damage being based on promotion class.

Also prefer it be kept as a craft item. Crafters have been devalued enough with the gear drops don’t need to dilute everything a crafter is required for. 

I do like some of the changes proposed to the way they do damage. Would put more value into the choice. 

Classes gain far more drastic equip related features from promotion classes already, most notable would be the multiple specs that acquire additional armor unlocks, or those that completely replace the functionality of abilities like cleric. Assassins are also required to spec in to their toxins individually in their base trees, and Rangers themselves require spending a talent point to unlock their offhand weapon slot.

I agree, quivers, like all other equipment in the game should remain crafted items. Arrows should simply by removed from the game and the default piercing arrows should be replaced with a default piercing quiver with identical stats, and rangers at level 1 should in stead have the the ability to equip piercing quivers. You could easily remove all other arrow recipies because literally zero people use them as all sources of arrow equip unlocks (except being the bow class) also unlock the quiver equip unlock.

There's no reason to make one class in the game require consumable ammo, especially when that class already needs more weapons to equip itself than every other class in the game. No other class in the game requires 4 equip slots just to access its base abilities. The ranger by default is already substantially more expensive to play than any other class without the added sink of consumable ammo. The only comparable item in the game is assassin toxins, and those are functionally equivalent to quivers in terms of being a single equipped item that obeys the same decay rules as everything else.

Pistols don't require ammo, its just assumed to be built in to the item. Nor do books require ink, or champion require stacks of consumable hurlbats, Myrmidons require crafted nets, or druids require consumable spell reagents, or clerics require holy water to power their abilities. There's no logical reason for arrows and only arrows to remain consumable ammunition.

Edited by PopeUrban

PopeSigGIF.gif

21 hours ago, Tyrannicall said:

Maybe its just me but i have 0 issues with slashing quiver currently. It does quite well on my brigand and i never seem to have an issue timing the execute with the third hit lol

As an archer if there in execute range a 80%charge shot will probably kill them anyway. As for quiver you will tend to get more dmg bonus overall with a piercing one which is also more reliable 

Veeshan Midst of UXA

18 hours ago, PopeUrban said:

Classes gain far more drastic equip related features from promotion classes already, most notable would be the multiple specs that acquire additional armor unlocks, or those that completely replace the functionality of abilities like cleric. Assassins are also required to spec in to their toxins individually in their base trees, and Rangers themselves require spending a talent point to unlock their offhand weapon slot.

I agree, quivers, like all other equipment in the game should remain crafted items. Arrows should simply by removed from the game and the default piercing arrows should be replaced with a default piercing quiver with identical stats, and rangers at level 1 should in stead have the the ability to equip piercing quivers. You could easily remove all other arrow recipies because literally zero people use them as all sources of arrow equip unlocks (except being the bow class) also unlock the quiver equip unlock.

There's no reason to make one class in the game require consumable ammo, especially when that class already needs more weapons to equip itself than every other class in the game. No other class in the game requires 4 equip slots just to access its base abilities. The ranger by default is already substantially more expensive to play than any other class without the added sink of consumable ammo. The only comparable item in the game is assassin toxins, and those are functionally equivalent to quivers in terms of being a single equipped item that obeys the same decay rules as everything else.

Pistols don't require ammo, its just assumed to be built in to the item. Nor do books require ink, or champion require stacks of consumable hurlbats, Myrmidons require crafted nets, or druids require consumable spell reagents, or clerics require holy water to power their abilities. There's no logical reason for arrows and only arrows to remain consumable ammunition.

Only time I really used arrows was to test types out since there cheaper than a quiver of that type

Veeshan Midst of UXA