Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
ACE_FancyHats

5.100 LIVE Feedback for 8/16/19

5.100 Patch Notes and Known Issues

Please share any feedback you may have from your time playing the game. This includes subjective observations about your gameplay experience. Bugs that you have encountered should be directed to The Bug Thread.

If you encounter disconnection problems, showstopper bugs or any other issues preventing you from entering or playing the game, please send an email as well as your client logs* to support@crowfall.com.

*Client logs can be found here: C:\Users\[username]\AppData\LocalLow\Art+Craft\Crowfall

What is the point of the low imports? Punish people who don't buy extra accounts for their crafters? This basically makes it p2w as far as alts go. May as well add an item to the shop that grants 12 imports for $49.

Edited by smoot
Phone

Smoot this is something they were always going to have. Right now they are testing to see how things are going to work out. It only hurts more because there are only 2 campaigns going on with the same rule sets.

As someone who has 6 accounts I can tell you even with them I'm not going to be able to bring much in as I have all Crafter with gear that needs to come in with books. I have to think and plan this out right figure out what is important to me and the guild. By now most guild have members who are way beyond geared that there is really not much they need to bring into this campaign and can go right to farming for the Spring bonus.

22 minutes ago, akahime said:

Smoot this is something they were always going to have. Right now they are testing to see how things are going to work out. It only hurts more because there are only 2 campaigns going on with the same rule sets.

As someone who has 6 accounts I can tell you even with them I'm not going to be able to bring much in as I have all Crafter with gear that needs to come in with books. I have to think and plan this out right figure out what is important to me and the guild. By now most guild have members who are way beyond geared that there is really not much they need to bring into this campaign and can go right to farming for the Spring bonus.

My characters are fully geared as well. It just isn't a fun choice. Does anyone enjoy determining what to bring in or what to cull at the end of a campaign? It doesn't shift the balance of power at all. We got fully geared in 3-5 days and we can do it again. The people who didn't still won't. What it does mean is I have to farm up again if I want to play an alt. Everything added to this game is to increase the grind while the fun part is the PvP.

I'm not interested in remaking my gear that I already have in my vault every 14-30 days. By the time it's ready the campaign is a ghost town. This limit is a joke after a wipe. Essentially saying go do it all again.

This is a p2w system.

Edited by smoot

I'm glad that we're getting a 30 day trial. I'm sad that we are still not getting any communication publicly about the Trials before they are posted cc @Pann. A 30 day trial with low imports requires a lot of pre-planning that we just didn't get.

In the last campaign with a Gods Reach break we had plenty of time to figure out our strategy, and we had an approximate timeframe publicly posted for when the campaign would come up. This campaign we have to scramble to adjust to a campaign ruleset we were not aware of, with a completely different import amount and set of challenges. It would be nice to have even 2 - 3 days of warning for these types of events.

22 minutes ago, smoot said:

I'm not interested in remaking my gear that I already have in my vault every 14-30 days. By the time it's ready the campaign is a ghost town. This limit is a joke after a wipe. Essentially saying go do it all again.

For the record, when the game is a game and not a test campaigns will be longer. 3 months should be about the length of a typical campaign give or take.

Just now, galvia said:

For the record, when the game is a game and not a test campaigns will be longer. 3 months should be about the length of a typical campaign give or take.

But they aren't now. 12 imports after a short campaign directly after a wipe is a joke. If we just spent 3 months fighting sure, farming up again could be reasonable. We are all sitting on newly crafted 90%+ durability gear we are being told to farm again. It's possible to test the systems without making it a chore.

I love that I can choose to have my inventory windows close on movement.  I hated having them stay open.  So many kudos for that.

I'm glad there's a 30-day trial because it takes a full day to sort stuff out for exports at the end of a trial.  Guild banks will help with that, no doubt.

Restricting imports to 12 is fine with me for a one-month CW - it encourages us to farm and craft in the CW.  But it does reveal the problem with your overall economic system.  If CWs are going be low- or no-import, time spent in GR is wasted, and anything purchased outside the CW is worthless in the case of no-import CWs, and has to be valued carefully in the event of low-import CWs.  The economy inside a CW feels like it's coming along.  The greater economy with EKs and GR does not.  I'm actually ok with that, but I'm hearing a lot of grumbling from people who wanted to be active vendors and traders.

Low- and no-import CWs need to be significantly longer than high-import CWs to make it worthwhile to go in and do all the farming and crafting from scratch.

1 hour ago, smoot said:

What is the point of the low imports? Punish people who don't buy extra accounts for their crafters? This basically makes it p2w as far as alts go. May as well add an item to the shop that grants 12 imports for $49.

What it does mean is I have to farm up again if I want to play an alt

You are crying over ALT gear?

Get over it, PvPers ha. You can't take all your pixels with you. 

12 imports is more than enough. They even said some may have 0.

Edited by Darksun_

6 minutes ago, Darksun_ said:

Crafter's don't always have "Alts".. They have Main1 and Main2. One with crafting discs and one with PvP discs.  

6 minutes ago, Darksun_ said:

12 imports is more than enough. They even said some may have 0.

Alts can be crafters as well. In smaller guilds people have to wear multiple hats to remain competitive. It's not about pixels, it's about having fun in a game. For what I would assume is a large portion of the playerbase farming is not the main draw of the game.

6 item slots for two characters if they use weapon and shield.

Crafter can bring in resources over gear.

How is the economy to work if everyone just imports 100 stacks of 200 resources.

Farming is part of the game.

16 minutes ago, Darksun_ said:

Crafter can bring in resources over gear.

How is the economy to work if everyone just imports 100 stacks of 200 resources.

Farming is part of the game.

Believe it or not some people would rather PvP than click on crafting menus. Now instead of fighting we get to spend time farming and crafting gear WE ALREADY HAVE and barely got to use in the previous campaign. Like I said before, the length of the previous campaign matters when making a decision on the imports, especially just after a wipe when people are farmmode extra hard. For our crafters (who all would rather PvP) there was no payoff for their work in the last campaign.

The economy also doesn't work if you don't have some form of persistent wealth. Why buy or sell anything once your own characters are geared if you can't take the spoils with you and you can't use them again even if you can export them?

Edited by smoot

22 minutes ago, Darksun_ said:

For my  assassin I have 2 weapons, 4 armor, 3 jewelry, 1 toxin, 1 mount, & 1 badge for PvP/harvesting. Fortunately I don't use a 1st aid manual, but many call that part of the base kit.

If I were a ranger or melee with Sharpshooter/Arcane Archer, I'd have 4 weapons for my base kit.

If I were a high elf, guinea pig, or centaur I'd have another jewelry item or horseshoe.

That's just items on the character sheet. Forget bringing gold, dust, food/pots, a second gear set for PvE or crafting. 12 is not enough for one fully geared vessel.

Edited by VaMei

I guess you all should just skip this super hard campaign and wait for the next. 

Farming is part of the game. Make your hard choices of what you are taking in and move on. It really isn't a "p2w" it's more of farm to play.

12 minutes ago, Darksun_ said:

I guess you all should just skip this super hard campaign and wait for the next. 

Farming is part of the game. Make your hard choices of what you are taking in and move on. It really isn't a "p2w" it's more of farm to play.

It's not hard a hard campaign it's just obnoxious. The choices aren't hard, they are obvious and mathematically straightforward. It's sold as a PvP game but everything being added only seems to decrease the time actually spent pvping. 

You act like you can't PvP with 12 items...

I need all things things to PvP. Never mind the fact that others can only being in 12 things as well.

It's not even full loot, so you get to keep your pixels.

Crafters get to craft.

Edited by Darksun_

Imports should probably have been 15 to accommodate those with more than 1 weapon, but as long as you can take all your gear in it's not that big of a loss; you're ready to fight, and all you really need to farm to sustain yourself throughout the campaign is food. If import was 15 and you need some materials saved from last CW you could still import a couple of stacks of mats per player in the guild, and that should suffice.

:^)

Sign in to follow this