Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
ACE_FancyHats

5.100 LIVE Feedback for 8/16/19

5 minutes ago, Xarrayne said:

Imports should probably have been 15 to accommodate those with more than 1 weapon, but as long as you can take all your gear in it's not that big of a loss; you're ready to fight, and all you really need to farm to sustain yourself throughout the campaign is food. If import was 15 and you need some materials saved from last CW you could still import a couple of stacks of mats per player in the guild, and that should suffice.

Sure we can bring stacks in but it's rough on the crafters (who are also PvPers in smaller guilds). They just spend 80%+ of the last campaign stuck in the craft shack gearing everyone up. Now they have to do it again? At some point they'd like to actually play the game. Like I said I have no issue with the imports if the previous campaign wasn't what it was. 

1 minute ago, smoo said:

Sure we can bring stacks in but it's rough on the crafters (who are also PvPers in smaller guilds). They just spend 80%+ of the last campaign stuck in the craft shack gearing everyone up. Now they have to do it again? At some point they'd like to actually play the game. Like I said I have no issue with the imports if the previous campaign wasn't what it was. 

Well if people already have their crafted gear they should be able to bring that in to this CW; I agree that imports were set too low, I just don't think it's necessary to go over 20 if the "ruleset" is a low-import CW... This isn't the first time ACE have sprung a low-import CW on us, had backlash from the forums about having to farm a little bit extra, and then pulled a 180 on the idea. I wanna see a low-import Trial actually play out for once.

:^)

It's not about the PVPer imports.. It's about the crafters.. They have no choice, especially in a 30 day trial, but to bring in their crafter and all that gear. THEN all the stuff needs to get regathered (which im fine with) but then sit for hours at the crafting table, playing clicker quest, to remake all the gear they JUST MADE but couldn't be brought in.  It's not a choice for them because their whole guild needs them, especially in a 30 day trial when lots of gear will break anyway, forget about not being able to bring the gear in the first place.

It's only partially about the actual items, and more about the time the crafters spend doing the crafting. If thralls were in the game it would be different, but they aren't so the crafters are going to sit around for hours and remake the gear they just made a few days ago. 

11 minutes ago, Xarrayne said:

Well if people already have their crafted gear they should be able to bring that in to this CW; I agree that imports were set too low, I just don't think it's necessary to go over 20 if the "ruleset" is a low-import CW... This isn't the first time ACE have sprung a low-import CW on us, had backlash from the forums about having to farm a little bit extra, and then pulled a 180 on the idea. I wanna see a low-import Trial actually play out for once.

Rough for the non DPS classes who may want to solo play occasionally. I guess we'll import a single pvp character and then work on farming the crafters up (again) so I can eventually play something besides a cleric, despite having a geared confessor. Meanwhile larger guilds or guilds with a dedicated crafter account are free to import their pvpers as well as crafters and not lose anything. Just seems to poorly made socks on the little guys, once again.

@smoot 20 imports per player would let all players import their (up to) 15 slots of combat gear and have 5 left over for whatever extras they would like - those extras could then be some of your crafting/alt gear, and the rest could be imported by non-crafting guildmates. Only problem then would be if you only have as many guildies/faction friends as there are crafting professions, which is just a silly state to be in when playing an MMO.

Besides all this, at the end of the day this is what low-import campaigns are about: inventory management and having to choose between what roles you want to play in this round - if you really really want to have an assassin for running around on solo jollies with then you'll have to work for it. I get that this probably turns most people off, but unfortunately we don't have enough population to run different CWs to represent most playstyle preferences; if the devs wanna test something like this right now they have to inflict it on the whole population.

:^)

18 minutes ago, Xarrayne said:

@smoot 20 imports per player would let all players import their (up to) 15 slots of combat gear and have 5 left over for whatever extras they would like - those extras could then be some of your crafting/alt gear, and the rest could be imported by non-crafting guildmates. Only problem then would be if you only have as many guildies/faction friends as there are crafting professions, which is just a silly state to be in when playing an MMO.

Besides all this, at the end of the day this is what low-import campaigns are about: inventory management and having to choose between what roles you want to play in this round - if you really really want to have an assassin for running around on solo jollies with then you'll have to work for it. I get that this probably turns most people off, but unfortunately we don't have enough population to run different CWs to represent most playstyle preferences; if the devs wanna test something like this right now they have to inflict it on the whole population.

Like I said, I don't really have a problem with the theory. It's just poor timing to do it after a wipe and short campaign. Most of us just got up and running and now to remain realistically competitive we have to redo a large part of the work. In addition this limit can be completely negated by additional accounts ($$$).

Edited by smoot

3 minutes ago, Ussiah said:

@Tyrant@jtoddcoleman@thomasblair
I am going to assume the lower imports was to lower the impact of GR farming, which I do appreciate.

I share @Marth concern about more accounts = more imports.

One last thing to do is change BH to NOT have rank 7 resources. Could you lower it to 5 or lower?

7 is too high for safe farming

Just farm in EU now.

3 minutes ago, Ussiah said:

@Tyrant@jtoddcoleman@thomasblair
I am going to assume the lower imports was to lower the impact of GR farming, which I do appreciate.

I share @Marth concern about more accounts = more imports.

One last thing to do is change BH to NOT have rank 7 resources. Could you lower it to 5 or lower?

7 is too high for safe farming.

We're not going to be able to change the resources in the near term, as they are baked into the maps.  We'll work on this over time.  Our goal is to ensure that the campaign worlds end up being a level playing field for incoming players who meet the criteria for entry. 

Gordon Walton, ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.  [Rules of Conduct]

Follow us on Twitter @CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

3 minutes ago, Tyrant said:

We're not going to be able to change the resources in the near term, as they are baked into the maps.  We'll work on this over time.  Our goal is to ensure that the campaign worlds end up being a level playing field for incoming players who meet the criteria for entry. 

My only concern would be that "level playing field" = safe zone farming for blues / purples. I appreciate you telling us why you can't change it and I hope that you do look at changing it.

You guys did a great job flattening the power curve between gear levels. I hope that rank 5 or lower that provides greens would be plenty enough to compete.

8 minutes ago, Tyrant said:

cant you just turn off the 6-8 zone? In gr that is. Beachheads are prob another mess

Edited by Marth

3 hours ago, Darksun_ said:

You are crying over ALT gear?

Get over it, PvPers ha. You can't take all your pixels with you. 

12 imports is more than enough. They even said some may have 0.

12 imports arnt enough for a ranger set :P
2 weapons + quiver+bow (4 slots for weapons)
Chest, helm, boots,gloves (4 slots)
Neck, Ring, Ring, Mount, Badge (5 slots)
13 imports for a ranger set.

Veeshan Midst of UXA

26 minutes ago, veeshan said:

12 imports arnt enough for a ranger set :P
2 weapons + quiver+bow (4 slots for weapons)
Chest, helm, boots,gloves (4 slots)
Neck, Ring, Ring, Mount, Badge (5 slots)
13 imports for a ranger set.

dont do mount

Redacting this. It was because I was used to silly amounts of crit harvest gear from the previous campaign.

Edited by galvia
I was WRONG.

8 minutes ago, oneply said:

Anyone else noticing gem drops are really low past couple of campaigns? 

also does connoisseur even work? Without writing down what I get from each node it sure feels like there is no difference. 

Connoisseur only provides 5% more harvest chance for 8 seconds, and you only roll that 5% chance on the 75%, 50%, and 25% breaks of a motherlode, so make sure it is up if you want to feel any difference. It is pretty minor, and I prefer to run Villien and just do more motherlodes with the same tools.

On the drop rate, I've noticed that gems actually drop MORE these days than previously. Here's a screenshot of the haul from 1 pot last campaign in Darilu:
unknown.png

This doesn't include the 1k dust and 10 embers we found, a lot of the souls and the body parts we got from the zombies.

We run 2 foreman, 1 main hitter, and 2 mob clearers in our group and exclusively motherlode in mines when we're looking for gems. You have to run the potion, you need to use a gemfind pick, you have to clear quickly, and you need to make sure that the person running the potion with the best gem find chance snapshots the node (deals the most damage) in the first 25% of the node.

8 minutes ago, galvia said:

Connoisseur only provides 5% more harvest chance for 8 seconds, and you only roll that 5% chance on the 75%, 50%, and 25% breaks of a motherlode, so make sure it is up if you want to feel any difference. It is pretty minor, and I prefer to run Villien and just do more motherlodes with the same tools.

On the drop rate, I've noticed that gems actually drop MORE these days than previously. Here's a screenshot of the haul from 1 pot last campaign in Darilu:
unknown.png

This doesn't include the 1k dust and 10 embers we found, a lot of the souls and the body parts we got from the zombies.

We run 2 foreman, 1 main hitter, and 2 mob clearers in our group and exclusively motherlode in mines when we're looking for gems. You have to run the potion, you need to use a gemfind pick, you have to clear quickly, and you need to make sure that the person running the potion with the best gem find chance snapshots the node (deals the most damage) in the first 25% of the node.

I see my mistake on connoisseur now. Thanks. Thought it only applied to the last hit. I usually run villien but wanted to try out something different. 

Thanks for the gem advice too. More efficient use of the pots then what we’ve been doing. 

Sign in to follow this