Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ACE_FancyHats

5.100 LIVE Feedback for 8/16/19

It would be nice speaking as a player with one account and 1 main to allow those who do focus on crafting to get xp rewards for doing so just an idea and im not talking about just sacing gear for it. 

On 8/15/2019 at 7:11 AM, Ussiah said:

My only concern would be that "level playing field" = safe zone farming for blues / purples. I appreciate you telling us why you can't change it and I hope that you do look at changing it.

You guys did a great job flattening the power curve between gear levels. I hope that rank 5 or lower that provides greens would be plenty enough to compete.

didnt they remove the Graveyards before 😛

Veeshan Midst of UXA

Any news on the "Retaliate Bug" that causes you to lose the ability to retaliate when you get CC'ed while pressing other buttons, or if you press something other than Retaliate while rooted? It's quite a debilitating and random occurrence, having full stamina and being ready to Retaliate, but not being given the option and laying on your ass for as long as 6 seconds sometimes.

Watch the most recent warstory of the week to see examples of this happening in the first 60 seconds.

@vkromas @ACE_FancyHats

Regarding God's Reach and new players.

Chat from this morning.

P1: what items am I allowed to bring to campaign mode, it says i have too many items.

P2: you can only bring 12 total for this one so you have to go back into gods reach and put stuff into your bank

P1: ohh wheres the bank i havnt seen it

P2: hit "B" you can right click stuff in/out of it

P1: the vault?? i didnt know you can put stuff in it what da hek

aeei5jG.png

18 hours ago, Phr00t said:

Any news on the "Retaliate Bug" that causes you to lose the ability to retaliate when you get CC'ed while pressing other buttons, or if you press something other than Retaliate while rooted? It's quite a debilitating and random occurrence, having full stamina and being ready to Retaliate, but not being given the option and laying on your ass for as long as 6 seconds sometimes.

Watch the most recent warstory of the week to see examples of this happening in the first 60 seconds.

@vkromas @ACE_FancyHats

It's a known issue and is awaiting a fix. It's on our radar, for sure. 

performance is still poorly made socks

druids are so broken its not even funny. seems like the character controller did more damage than anything... and rangers well @Balathan already showed you

2 minutes ago, yianni said:

performance is still poorly made socks

druids are so broken its not even funny. seems like the character controller did more damage than anything... and rangers well @Balathan already showed you

Something went quite wrong there. Some sort of zone crash. But I don''t think it was a general performance issue or the client controller. More like some sort of unusual but severe zone crash bug.

IhhQKY6.gif

9 minutes ago, Jah said:

Something went quite wrong there. Some sort of zone crash. But I don''t think it was a general performance issue or the client controller. More like some sort of unusual but severe zone crash bug.

seems like performance to me, there were a lot of people in zone

i know its not character controller, thats for broken druids

2 minutes ago, yianni said:

seems like performance to me, there were a lot of people in zone

True, but we've seen some pretty large fights without zone crashes. And performance was relatively normal right up until the sudden crash.

IhhQKY6.gif

I have read all the how to play info, and watched a couple youtube videos on what to do to get started and I cant figure anything out, I just run around and chop wood or kill spiders and there seems to be no point.  I can't figure out how to get armor or make anything better then the stuff you can make in the first 5 minutes

Just hit some of the new addditions after taking a few months break.  Here are a couple things I noticed.

First, not letting players into the campaign until level 20 means players can't join their friends; don't like this move.

Updated graphics are nice and character controller feels a lot smoother.

Not able to name your character felt hollow after being able to name them in previous versions.

Not sure I like the removal of the altar/XP trade in at the Pre-Earth starter area.  New players should get a chance to level up higher before even going to "Earth".

Changing the "F" to interact with the gate to a hold and press didn't feel right.  I liked the simple press "F" from before.

Love the "Throwing Hammer of the Irekei" great to see more nods to SB.

Pulling items out of the Account Vault should be a right click anywhere on the bar, not just the little 1/2" x 1/2" icon.  I was trying to take items out and it wouldn't work until I accidentally hovered over the image icon and it worked.  The Account vault is one of the biggest negatives currently in my opinion.

I'm not sure if I missed it, but when entering into God's Reach I didn't get the option to choose which faction I wanted to belong to.  Previously you could be seperate of your guild.  I'm not sure if I'm part of one big faction in this round of testing, or it was auto selected for me.

lUvvzPy.png

Posted (edited)

Archer Rangers are absurd and absolutely need to get nerfed ASAP. Their damage, range, and slipperiness is unmatched. 

And on top of that they're braindead easy to play.

Incredibly unfun to play against. 

Edited by ZYBAK

44 minutes ago, ZYBAK said:

Archer Rangers are absurd and absolutely need to get nerfed ASAP. Their damage, range, and slipperiness is unmatched. 

And on top of that they're braindead easy to play.

Incredibly unfun to play against. 

Can you provide some specifics?  I haven’t been to a siege in months.  

40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

2 hours ago, oneply said:

Please fix retaliate bug. Getting really annoying. And idk how confessors do it but seems to happen a lot against them.

thanks. 

I've found the easiest way to be able to retaliate from a confessor is spamming your retaliate key when you are in air. If you hit the ground and you are hitting something else to cast, you're going to lose your ability to retaliate.

C4sIZDW.gif

43 minutes ago, Phylor.the.Jester said:

I've found the easiest way to be able to retaliate from a confessor is spamming your retaliate key when you are in air. If you hit the ground and you are hitting something else to cast, you're going to lose your ability to retaliate.

It’s just so hard to do in the moment. Thanks for the advice tho. I’ll have to work on the preemptive instead of the reactionary. 

6 minutes ago, oneply said:

It’s just so hard to do in the moment. Thanks for the advice tho. I’ll have to work on the preemptive instead of the reactionary. 

Yeah, it is something that needs to be fixed either way since that method does not always work either. Roots are a huge issue with it as well.

C4sIZDW.gif

11 hours ago, Alakazoo said:

I have read all the how to play info, and watched a couple youtube videos on what to do to get started and I cant figure anything out, I just run around and chop wood or kill spiders and there seems to be no point.  I can't figure out how to get armor or make anything better then the stuff you can make in the first 5 minutes

You only need to stay in the first newbie area on "God's Reach" with the spiders for a short time - hit M to see the map, and head to the Runegate to get to the Temple. Start exploring the outside Temple area, there will be some Wartribes around (marked on the map) to kill for magic gear. As you level you can runegate to even higher areas. 

Eventually they'll add a better tutorial to guide new players, it is confusing when you are just starting.

tiPrpwh.png

17 hours ago, Alakazoo said:

I just run around and chop wood or kill spiders and there seems to be no point.  

It’s a sandbox-ish game, so really this is the game. Except once you leave the temple there is pvp involved. 

Ask around in faction chat/general whenever you have questions. Lots of friendly people will give you advice. Highly suggest if you think you’re going to invest your time into the game you find a guild, really helps. Also make sure to set your passives ASAP (dumbbell looking thing on left side of screen).