Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ACE_FancyHats

5.100 LIVE Feedback for 8/16/19

If there's *one* thing that desperately needs to be improved right now, it's the inventory situation. I find myself no longer wanting to play, because roughly 2/3 of my time ends up being no more than shuffling items between vessels and storage rather than actually playing the game.

Things that are causing this:

• Removal of local storage
  • Reduction of world bank size when the spirit bank was split int vault/world bank
  • Excessive number of items we now have to collect and are dropped - junk war tribe items, disciplines, etc
  • Unstackable items / small stack sizes on items where we need to collect large quantities (war tribe artifact scrolls and sacrifice items are a prime example)
  • Excessive number of resources we have to hold onto for crafting

On 8/17/2019 at 7:40 PM, ZYBAK said:

Archer Rangers are absurd and absolutely need to get nerfed ASAP. Their damage, range, and slipperiness is unmatched. 

And on top of that they're braindead easy to play.

Incredibly unfun to play against. 

100% agree here - archers/rangers are WAY overtuned at the moment. As they are now, they can take a player wearing full plate from 10K to 2K health in one volley from almost 70 meters. There is no counter to that.

I think that you need to rethink the embargo system.

if you can’t bring things in or out of a campaign...

Why play at all?

Imagine working Hard all campaign and then only being able to bring 50% of your hard work back?

then the next campaign starts and you are extra limited about what you can bring in...

How much incentive is their to go harvest in the campaign if you can’t take it with you?

www.lotd.org       pking and siege pvp since 1995

1 hour ago, PaleOne said:

I think that you need to rethink the embargo system.

if you can’t bring things in or out of a campaign...

Why play at all?

Imagine working Hard all campaign and then only being able to bring 50% of your hard work back?

then the next campaign starts and you are extra limited about what you can bring in...

How much incentive is their to go harvest in the campaign if you can’t take it with you?

I would like to see sacrificing to the gods to play a bigger role(since crows are sent to dying world to harvest them for the gods). Perhaps if a tiny % of resources sacrificed automatically went to your EK, effectively bypassing embargo system for export of raw materials. 

General feedback... The Skill points system is nice and robust, but takes WAY too long to progress in. It limits players to one thing, and it feels like a second job. Please allow for more ways to increase passive skill points. Not everyone wants to be apart of a giant guild. 

Crafting is nice and robust, but the reward for it is basically poorly made socks compared to world drops to the average player, and it makes crafting seem obsolete. Its also way to investing to craft, you get very little reward for the TREMENDOUS requirements needed.

Gathering system is wonky and needs some rethinking. You basically skip over all the lower ranks and go to rank 7-10. The rare drop items for each gathering profession needs to not be behind a passive skill wall.

Combat is clunky and not very tuned. Certain mobs are unkillable like the cleric kings. Not being able to cc them is really dumb. Loot system in general is lacking.

Embargo system is nice, but it means you an really only bring one character over with items. Not very fun to playtest with.

If the game continues to be this tedious I wont play it for very long, I already have a job IRL. I like the art style, but thats about it for now. For now I log on once or twice to progess a passive tree, which is not very entertaining.

Hope to see good progress.

1 hour ago, Staff said:

please make the vault screen dark like every other menu

1 hour ago, oneply said:

Or give us a toggle. and make world bank alphabetical like the vault. 

Having a different color scheme for world bank vs vault helps draw attention to the fact that they are not the same thing. If not color, there should be something obvious to draw that distinction.

I am surprised that the world bank is a completely different framework lacking the sorting, filter, and search options of the vault. Wouldn't it take *less* work to have them be the same?

3 minutes ago, VaMei said:

Having a different color scheme for world bank vs vault helps draw attention to the fact that they are not the same thing. If not color, there should be something obvious to draw that distinction.

I am surprised that the world bank is a completely different framework lacking the sorting, filter, and search options of the vault. Wouldn't it take *less* work to have them be the same?

The world bank definitely needs some love, but the vault does too. We need more filter options. Give us a drop down and let us filter by weapons, armor, resources, specific resources like hide, stone and ore. Also by sacrifice items, additives for each profession, etc. It would be great if I could just filter the vault based on necromancy parts and see everything I have all at once.

The old spirit bank was great because we could actually organize them and put certain things in certain places so we always know where to look. Hopefully when we get some sort of guild/group storage, it will be like that rather than like the vault/world bank.

Posted (edited)

Any update on a guild bank system? Seems the storage system is getting worked on, what with the new vault and world banks and all.

With limited imports and only 100 world bank slots especially, guild banks or shared storage of some kind are highly needed at this time!

This is a primary pain point for our guild.

@vkromas@ACE_FancyHats ❤️

edit) we know you have been working on it, just looking for any kind of update if you have any to share

Edited by Phr00t

46 minutes ago, VaMei said:

i still want a dark version, discord light sucks, google light sucks, and so does crowfall light #MakeItDark

2 hours ago, Phr00t said:

Any update on a guild bank system? Seems the storage system is getting worked on, what with the new vault and world banks and all.

With limited imports and only 100 world bank slots especially, guild banks or shared storage of some kind are highly needed at this time!

This is a primary pain point for our guild.

@vkromas@ACE_FancyHats ❤️

edit) we know you have been working on it, just looking for any kind of update if you have any to share

When we have information on this subject, expect it to be screamed from the rooftops =D

Nothing to report at this moment!

2 minutes ago, ACE_FancyHats said:

When we have information on this subject, expect it to be screamed from the rooftops =D

Nothing to report at this moment!

Thanks for the update :) 

State of the game feedback.

The campaign world is mostly empty except during sieges and fort captures.

the only exception is you might occasionally find someone farming Kings/ chiefs for tools.

This is mostly because of

Rank 8 nodes available at no risk in God’s Reach.

and 

Import and export limitations make harvesting or farming in the campaign impractical.

Currently the faction war is not working.

With no mechanic  to balance numbers on each faction  Balance wins every fight with twice the numbers.  Each win further solidifies their lead as less people show up to oppose them daily as it appears pointless.

Order is even more absent than chaos.

Siege windows do force PVP to consolidate at one place but also means that only one or two locations needs to be defended.

Maybe based on numbers present we need respawn timers to change to even the odds.

or we need the dregs so large zergs will be broken down into individual guilds and pvp will get more spread out.

it is very common in sieges now to die instantly as a called target with zero ability to change the outcome.

Balance is doing a super job. But the resulting game won’t last as soon they will be defending against no one...

www.lotd.org       pking and siege pvp since 1995

45 minutes ago, Phr00t said:

Archers  MIGHT need some knobs adjusted...

nG9PLA4.png

Just don’t go extreme with the nerf please. But ya my lmb attack with a cruddy war tribe bow and blue quiver hits way too hard. 

Posted (edited)

Small scale PvP has been destroyed in the current iteration. There is almost no one in the world outside of the siege times and the last 10 minutes of fort timers (both of which are 15+ groups). If there are people farming it is nearly impossible to find them with high rank nodes everywhere. Additionally the sieges zones being so close together makes it nearly impossible to fight with a smaller force.

There is also a huge snowball effect. We roamed around for nearly 4 hours taking towers and forts last night and ran into 3 enemy players. There is no incentive to defend forts at night when the points are inconsequential compared to the established lead. The futility has now lead to even smaller numbers on the losing sides. Chaos had 15 players during the primetime siege last night. Combine that with the seasons progressing (and that there is no point to farming more than a single set of gear with the current embargo system) and there is literally no reason to log in (which, admittedly, was the point of the siege schedule in the first place).

The game is just boring now. 

Edited by smoot
Blair Maths

7 hours ago, Phr00t said:

Archers  MIGHT need some knobs adjusted...

nG9PLA4.png

That 9364 crit seems like it's well outside of the normal range of what is typical, I imagine there were some unintended interactions or possibly something bugged for it to go that high. Other than that one example though I don't think a single target promotion with long charge times between each shot could have it's damage lowered much and still be remotely effective at it's intended role.

4 hours ago, smoot said:

Small scale PvP has been destroyed in the current iteration. There is almost no one in the world outside of the siege times and the last 10 minutes of fort timers (both of which are 15+ groups). If there are people farming it is nearly impossible to find them with high rank nodes everywhere. Additionally the sieges zones being so close together makes it nearly impossible to fight with a smaller force.

There is also a huge snowball effect. We roamed around for nearly 4 hours taking towers and forts last night and ran into 3 enemy players. There is no incentive to defend forts at night when the points are inconsequential compared to the established lead. The futility has now lead to even smaller numbers on the losing sides. Chaos had 15 players during the primetime siege last night. Combine that with the seasons progressing (and that there is no point to farming more than a single set of gear with the current embargo system) and there is literally no reason to log in (which, admittedly, was the point of the siege schedule in the first place).

The game is just boring now. 

As for resources, R10s should only be in the pits/Forests, R9s should only be in the tiles surrounding those location, R8s should be around keeps and forts and R6-7s should be pretty much everywhere else with maybe a couple R8 tiles scattered around.
GR needs a huge nerf on quality of its drops aswell.

Veeshan Midst of UXA

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, KatzeWeiss said:

That 9364 crit seems like it's well outside of the normal range of what is typical, I imagine there were some unintended interactions or possibly something bugged for it to go that high. Other than that one example though I don't think a single target promotion with long charge times between each shot could have it's damage lowered much and still be remotely effective at it's intended role.

I don't believe thats a bug.  Maybe unintended for archers to hit that hard, but that's a pretty common critical hit versus the unarmored guards vs the 3rd attack of the high tension compound bow although it is the high end damage even for it.  Third hit tends to crit from 8000-9400 on my archer.  the first two aimed shots have a way lower damage percentages which is why they are so much lower.  224 or 227% vs 400% damage.

Edited by Jecht