Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Xarrayne

Title: Required

Keeping in mind I died in this video and this is just like, my opinion, man. I think the ballsplosions are a terrible mechanic as they are now. You can die through walls, half the time they don't show up, and if you have a friendly druid near you it's nearly impossible to tell which are friendly. Jecht had 20,000hp in this fight and got one shot.

1 hour ago, smoo said:

Keeping in mind I died in this video and this is just like, my opinion, man. I think the ballsplosions are a terrible mechanic as they are now. You can die through walls, half the time they don't show up, and if you have a friendly druid near you it's nearly impossible to tell which are friendly. Jecht had 20,000hp in this fight and got one shot.

Well first of all I respect the opening statement, and similarly as someone who plays Archdruid I ofc have my own biases... Now, I haven't heard of nor witnessed the Blight orbs not being visible in this Trial, but if I've missed it then yes that absolutely needs to be fixed. In general the audio cue should definitely be clearer at the very start of the animation, and I'd also agree that there should be a discernible difference between friendly and enemy Blight orbs; there's an element of "you should communicate to your allies" about it, but I concede that it's not always practical or possible to communicate to absolutely all necessary parties that they don't need to blow a CD for nothing. As for lacking wall interception that's something common to all AoE, so yes it's a problem but not a specific problem. Should also be fixed, ACE pls.

As for damage, I'm curious to know exactly what happened on Jecht's end... If nothing else I rarely get opportunities to crunch the real numbers! He told me 15k at the time, possibly not accounting for the shield from his Ult, but I think the main problem for him was that he didn't parry; that was his misplay. The loss-of-Retaliate bug definitely screws over people who aren't tanky enough to face-tank such damage (again ACE pls), but when that works properly everyone has counterplay to a bomb: Retaliate and walk away. From the time that the orbs are first detonated there is a whole 2 seconds before the explosions actually happen, and that's after the 1 second GCD incurred from casting the CC required to hold people in place. If people are able to Retaliate in a timely fashion, as should normally happen, then 1-shot bombs kinda stop being a thing outside of catching noobs, boomers, and disorganised blobs... You either need to spread the orbs out to guarantee something lands (which won't one-shot anything) or rely on luck/excellent timing from allies with their own AoE CC, which is insanely rare and honestly should be rewarded with a couple or so kills.

Edited by Xarrayne
gramer etc

:^)

Oof, that's some scary bomberman Xarrayne.

I don't generally worry about bombs as a Templar, the Parry and Heavy Armor go a long way towards preventing that Damage.
Generally if I see or hear a Bomb near enough to even be perceived as a threat I will mitigate it through Parry. (50-75% further Damage reduction)
However, I do recognize their effectiveness against softer targets or someone caught unprepared.

It is fairly rare that I die to orb bombs (<5%) and my response is 1 of 2.
Either I was unprepared and unable to react in time to seeing/hearing the Blight or Orbs and paid the price for my own ineptitude
OR
My opponents were able to prevent me from using my survival tools such as Parry or Brilliance (ult) in which case they played quite well and deserve the kill
There is no reason to blame the ability, it is avoidable or at the very least able to be mitigated.

If there is a friendly Arch Druid they should be able to communicate a bomb is theirs, hopefully before they decide to blow it.
If you're not sure, assume it's not friendly and get out!

The time needed to place and set up a bomb is fairly high in most cases, and all that time can either pay off in a big way, a small way or a complete waste of time and resources.
Knowledge and understanding make up the foundation of Crowfall battles and recognizing the potential danger zones, and danger potential, an Arch Druid brings are important.

Damage going through walls is problematic but all AoEs do that in Crowfall, not something I see changing all too soon but it would be nice.
The lock on of certain abilities (Spark, Rapid Fire etc) is more worrisome to me compared to how AoEs ingame have been functioning for 3years or so.

ScornofLife2.jpg