Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Zirone

12 Exports are far too Low

55 minutes ago, smoot said:

What a surprise, all the multi account balance players support the p2w campaign rules

You think the limit should be higher because it would personally be more fun for you.  What should the limit be then?  It seems like no matter what balance says it will simply be balance being shills for whatever advantage you think there is.  How many chars should be able to be fully geared at server up? 3? 5?  How many characters should your account have that are min/max?  

Just so you know each account at release will only have 3 characters (the other 3 are Kickstarter rewards).  The current passive skill training is at x3 speed for training so you won’t be as versatile as you are now.  Training being slower means people will have to wait weeks/months for the different tiers to unlock (white, green, blue, etc.).   

40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

I think lowering GR to r5 and including 6-8 in the campaign and then upping imports seems to be a more obvious solution, although it is technically not there yet...

1 minute ago, smoot said:

I think lowering GR to r5 and including 6-8 in the campaign and then upping imports seems to be a more obvious solution, although it is technically not there yet...

Who disagrees with that?  Balance has also been suggesting this for as long as GR has had nodes. 

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

What's the point of a new campaign when you can import most valueable stuff from previous campaign? The whole reason is to give you something to work for again. Sure the 12 imports came as a bummer for me as well but from what I see it resulted in people going out in the world immidiatly. 

Just now, Dampoe said:

What's the point of a new campaign when you can import most valueable stuff from previous campaign? The whole reason is to give you something to work for again. Sure the 12 imports came as a bummer for me as well but from what I see it resulted in people going out in the world immidiatly. 

I think it's fine if the campaigns are longer. The last campaign wasn't long enough to enjoy the fruits of our labor. I'm not advocating for changes to imports in the future and I know there won't be any for this one. I'm just not interested in grinding gear up every two weeks, which is what the current turnaround ended up being.

It's definitely just a comment on what I enjoy in the game @mandalore

Just now, smoot said:

I think it's fine if the campaigns are longer. The last campaign wasn't long enough to enjoy the fruits of our labor. I'm not advocating for changes to imports in the future and I know there won't be any for this one. I'm just not interested in grinding gear up every two weeks, which is what the current turnaround ended up being.

I would have to agree that having to go over this every two weeks is going to be painful and pretty demotivating, at least for me. 

4 minutes ago, smoot said:

How many imports should we get then?  At what point is a fixed amount meaningless?  How many chars should I, an Elven Highlord, be able to fully gear up at the start of the Cw?  3?  A healer, a harvester and a random trash can poorly made socks toon?

wiDfyPp.png

16 minutes ago, mandalore said:

How many imports should we get then?  At what point is a fixed amount meaningless?  How many chars should I, an Elven Highlord, be able to fully gear up at the start of the Cw?  3?  A healer, a harvester and a random trash can poorly made socks toon?

It depends on the length of the campaigns... In the case of what we have now I would argue somewhere near 20 seems reasonable. A PvP/harvester and a crafter. You would have to refarm any additional pvp or crafting alts you would want to run. The population doesn't seem high enough to support such a narrow focus as they ultimately intend. I'm worried that the vocal crowd on the forums does not accurately reflect the feelings of the player base as a whole.

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, smoot said:

It depends on the length of the campaigns... In the case of what we have now I would argue somewhere near 20 seems reasonable. A PvP/harvester and a crafter. You would have to refarm any additional pvp or crafting alts you would want to run. The population doesn't seem high enough to support such a narrow focus as they ultimately intend. I'm worried that the vocal crowd on the forums does not accurately reflect the feelings of the player base as a whole.

1.  Who’s fault is it that forums don’t properly represent the player-base?  

2.  This small guild mentality is going to ensure you either don’t play the dregs or you lose.  Small, less dedicated guilds are going to have a rough time when they start testing dregs.  

Edited by mandalore

wiDfyPp.png

2 minutes ago, mandalore said:

1.  Who’s fault is it that forums don’t properly represent the player-base?  

2.  This small guild mentality is going to ensure you either don’t play the dregs or you lose.  Small, less dedicated guilds are going to have a rough time when they start testing dregs.  

I don't think you understand. I'm saying what we have right now are smaller guilds, at least on chaos. I'm saying right now the limit is a pain in the ass. I'm not prescribing a fundamental change in how the game will work or making any indication on how it should be played later on. It's just a matter of where the population is now. I don't think I'm blaming anyone for anything? Just saying how it feels for us at the moment.

7 minutes ago, smoot said:

I don't think you understand. I'm saying what we have right now are smaller guilds, at least on chaos. I'm saying right now the limit is a pain in the ass. I'm not prescribing a fundamental change in how the game will work or making any indication on how it should be played later on. It's just a matter of where the population is now. I don't think I'm blaming anyone for anything? Just saying how it feels for us at the moment.

So you think it’s annoying that you’re choosing to remain in a smaller guild but want the benefits of a larger guild?  Chaos has been in shambles for a long time and the excuse is always “we are smaller less organized guilds” but how many months/years does chaos get to use that excuse.  The only guilds with any semblance of organization have gotten tired of playing with the smaller, less useful tribes and have banded together to play with like minded players and somehow that makes them the enemy. 

TLDR; The devs want you to try to win their throne war simulator but when you purposely give yourself disadvantages you diminish your value to the testing process.  

wiDfyPp.png

The solution is simple people.... Buy more accounts for anonymous import use only (and export as well).  :)  money flows into crowfalls coffers for game improvement and 12 imports become 24 become 48 etc.  Win win. :):)  who says we are not becoming eve?  Lol. Which I am NOT opposed to cause eve is an amazing game.  :):)  

I'm A-OK with using the scientific approach they often use to isolate variables they'd like to get balanced for whatever future approach they intend on taking. I must ask though, what is the purpose of limiting imports/exports by 1/8 of what it previously was and NOT TOUCHING the resource levels in the beachhead? What variable are they trying to isolate other than people farming all the time in God's Reach? Don't say that's all, because it makes no sense to not limit things upstream first. 

Can anyone confirm, are they all level 7 nodes like they were previously or is it a spread of ranks 1-7? This to me seems the biggest oversight here if it's exactly the way it was... I haven't gotten to check yet. 

I mean I I'm not one of the ones that run around with the top tier doods outside the beachhead rolling over people with 2 other groups of buddies spamming "GF 1v1", so I'm not looking for easy fights here... But I sure would like to see some more Average Joes like me out there to scuffle with. Last campaign is was either A, dead outside beachhead or B, the "damn mongorians" come break down your sheety wah in 10 seconds and move on. 

4 hours ago, smoot said:

This was a terrible decision after a wipe and short campaign, it negates almost all progress made for small to medium guilds

Even with a mere 6 players online at once tops, the mighty Flames of Exile never had this issue.

Our fearless harvesters and master crafters were always ready to hammer away at rocks, armour, and faces.

And they delivered, always.

231e101d88.jpg

2 hours ago, Kianna_RuneMaker said:

Its not good form to demean a persons legitimate concerns. 

It’s not legitimate and thus the demeaning mockery is warranted? 

wiDfyPp.png

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Jah said:

So then you couldn't import stuff at the beginning of the campaign?  Would have to grind first to import?

ya. Can reward capping forts, pvp, gathering, farming, bosses so forth with import rewards. Force people to go out and do things in the world to gain imports. 

Edited by Marth

I think the low import is fine, its the 30 day campaign where everyone will be farming in the temple which is going to be the problem. The last campaign was bad enough for the lack of players in the world harvesting, they obviously didnt take any feedback on board. 

Posted (edited)
55 minutes ago, Fefner said:

I think the low import is fine, its the 30 day campaign where everyone will be farming in the temple which is going to be the problem. The last campaign was bad enough for the lack of players in the world harvesting, they obviously didnt take any feedback on board. 

They did; the change takes time to implement. I hate restating, but remember you are playing a pre alpha. It's understandable that people are invested in winning campaigns, but the sheer amount of crying in an unfinished game is pathetic. 

This is the reason Todd regrets crowdfunding.

Edited by Zatch

Sign in to follow this