Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Zirone

12 Exports are far too Low

3 hours ago, mandalore said:

It’s not legitimate and thus the demeaning mockery is warranted? 

No.  Anyway,  who determines who's concern is legitimate or not?  The point,  this is their concern and they are expressing it as they have every right to do.  It is bad form to demean them for it just because you may or may not agree.  Hell, its bad form to demean and put others down in general and quite frankly will destroy any counter argument you may have simply because you lowered yourself to that level....

I will explain in more Detail what concern i have with the Import restriction

We in our Guild, Right now 15-20 People so not even small, have farmed up the complete first Campaign and have set up all crafters, so we can craft everything at complete max, so we can fight for the win. but Right now we are sitting in gods reach havin all crafters set up and like 200 stacks of ressources. so we have the choice to craft less good gear in gods reach and Import that and are not able to Import any Crafter Equipment oder harvesting Equipment. we have to select very well wich stack and wich Equipment we Import and have to set up all the rest up again in the Campaign. that is as i think just to much of effort to put in for the Outcome you get. 

don't get me wrong, i like the Point of having restricted Imports and Exports, but not so hart restricted, we Need About 6 Hours just to sort up our Things in the end of the last Campaign and get it exported. in Long term i am heading for Campaign with no Imports or Exports, but i think they are set up to be like 6 months Long that a completly different set up. i would be really happy if they just set the restriction for Imports just a bit higher like About 20, that would be fine.

and for the guys who counted all items a ranger Needs and ended with 12, you missed the neclace. i would highly recommend to you to use one if you haven't until now.

sorry for my english at some Points, i am not native speaker

Zirone Out

Posted (edited)

If players think of constraints as challenges within the game instead of things to throw up their hands and be helpless about, solutions can be found quickly:

First Concept folks need to start thinking in is resource density and ember count.  With these in mind, clear best things to leave behind are armor.  A stack of 200 ore is way more resource dense then a glove off piece.

So for our hypothetical ranger/blacksmith he imports:

3 crafting Jewel, 3 combat Jewel, 2 Runic weapons (bow/quiver for Archer or shortswords for brigand), 2 badges (crafter and combat), 1 stack of blue iron, 1 stack of blue silver.

In CW he farms 48 blue leather and 40 stone and 40 ore for BS seals (actually only need 2-3 pieces of crafting armor at max train, but we assume worst case and make 4) and 30 blue silver.

The ore imported, plus the above is enough to make a BS set and a combat set of iron/silver/silver combo (the BS helm would be all iron/iron/iron because we don't care about crafters combat stats).

The only remaining farming to get back to full equipment is the rangers off-spec melee weapons, which are not Runic and therefore simply ~100 ore and 6 leather.

For reference I farmed this with a white hammer and a  blue reaping necklace in 40 minutes as first farming of the new CW:

unknown.png

Probably could be back to full equiped crafter and ranger in 1.5-2hrs. (the CW R10 node density is nuts). The current maps rain resources. You will likely get the embers for combat character's new mount by time farming is complete. 2 hours is not a lot of farming to play out a 3 week CW.

This all assumes the hypothetical crafter/ranger is an island, has 0 support from his guild...

Of course this becomes even faster if you have guildmates and the clerics, champions, knights, etc. that have 1-2 spare imports wisely and carefully spend them to bring in materials.

-------------

P.S. the complaints about it taking hours to export everything are (1) why we need guild banks extremely badly and (2) amusing in that the alternative is those materials just get deleted/lost forever.

It took us several hours to compile and optimize exports as well.

Edited by Angelmar

I don't think anyone is confused as to what the optimal path to regearing is. The point is it is boring as custard. There are no meaningful choices, just obvious paths to doing the same poorly made socks you just did a day ago in order to get to the actual fun part of the game.

No one said they can't do it, but a fair amount of people have said they have no interest in doing it. 

19 hours ago, smoot said:

What a surprise, all the multi account balance players support the p2w campaign rules

Mo Money Mo Problems

aeei5jG.png

52 minutes ago, smoot said:

I don't think anyone is confused as to what the optimal path to regearing is. The point is it is boring as custard. There are no meaningful choices, just obvious paths to doing the same poorly made socks you just did a day ago in order to get to the actual fun part of the game.

No one said they can't do it, but a fair amount of people have said they have no interest in doing it. 

That's a rather different statement than what has been posted here.

If Chaos wants to start making thread about how character customization is still very limited and needs more polish and more control to the player, i'll be right there with you.

Pretty sure the posts in this thread are just knee-jerk complaining about having to, worst case, farm for 2 hrs over the next 20 days.

6 minutes ago, Angelmar said:

That's a rather different statement than what has been posted here.

If Chaos wants to start making thread about how character customization is still very limited and needs more polish and more control to the player, i'll be right there with you.

Pretty sure the posts in this thread are just knee-jerk complaining about having to, worst case, farm for 2 hrs over the next 20 days.

I think people are upset because they have to farm for things they already have. It's not that they farmed for them and they got to use them until they broke. They just can't use them now for "reasons". Add this to the fact that it takes away from what they actually want to do (fight) and it's easy to see why people may get burned out having to do it every 3 weeks. Unless you only want to play a single character which doesn't seem realistic at this point I'm the testing cycle. It just seems too soon to restrict things this much.

You could argue that the farming gets players out in to the world, but with the current state of GR, the Temple, and instant banking from anywhere we have seen that just isn't the case.

I don't think the restrictions are a bad idea eventually, but they seem to be an unnecessary pain point at the moment that inordinately effects some players more than others.

People, people.  The answer clearly is many many multiple accounts.  Ever heard of a cino( is that spelled right?) toon in eve online who's soul purpose is to sit in system and light the cino when ever jump freighters, carriers and what not come through?  I predict that is how things will develop here with these limited imports/exports.   Many many alts who's only role is for import/export...  Just saying.  The guild with the most import/ export alts wins.  Lol. I love it when people attempt to control others only to have it back fire...  Lol

7 minutes ago, Kianna_RuneMaker said:

People, people.  The answer clearly is many many multiple accounts.  Ever heard of a cino( is that spelled right?) toon in eve online who's soul purpose is to sit in system and light the cino when ever jump freighters, carriers and what not come through?  I predict that is how things will develop here with these limited imports/exports.   Many many alts who's only role is for import/export...  Just saying.  The guild with the most import/ export alts wins.  Lol. I love it when people attempt to control others only to have it back fire...  Lol

I think you are making a mountian out of a mole hill. 

33 minutes ago, Zatch said:

I think you are making a mountian out of a mole hill. 

Am I??  Lol ok sure, there is more to winning a campaign than who has the most resources although the guild who can bring in the most via alts will sure have an advantage....  Just saying.

9 minutes ago, Kianna_RuneMaker said:

Am I??  Lol ok sure, there is more to winning a campaign than who has the most resources although the guild who can bring in the most via alts will sure have an advantage....  Just saying.

In the time you've spent crying on the forums you could have produced a piece of gear. Me thinks you need a diaper change.

5 hours ago, Zatch said:

In the time you've spent crying on the forums you could have produced a piece of gear. Me thinks you need a diaper change.

I'm not crying.  I was able to import everything I required.  I am merely standing up for others right to express themselves and predicting the future.  :):)  Me thinks they have a stronger case than you since you resorted to demeaning and insults friend.

Posted (edited)

What if, for faction rule set only, imports for the next CW are based off performance in the previous faction CW?

1st place gets 0-5 imports for the next CW. (might actually need to be 6 so that a fresh GR new player can always bring in the basics.)

2nd place gets 10-15 imports for the next CW.

3rd place gets 25-50 imports for the next CW.

Might even get people to go to the losing side next CW for more imports.

Edited by Yoink

aeei5jG.png

Posted (edited)

I imported my weapon, 2 rings, 1 neck, chest piece, badge and epic mount and went and killed wartribes till I got some random white/green mail for my off slots.  That took about 5 mins.  I then went and killed some order and chaos.  P easy

Edited by Ble

On 8/14/2019 at 8:31 PM, mandalore said:

1.  Who’s fault is it that forums don’t properly represent the player-base?  

2.  This small guild mentality is going to ensure you either don’t play the dregs or you lose.  Small, less dedicated guilds are going to have a rough time when they start testing dregs.  

We'll just sub to you daddy.

PopeSigGIF.gif

Rub rock on face and say "Yes food is eaten now time for fight"

6 hours ago, Kianna_RuneMaker said:

I'm not crying.  I was able to import everything I required.  I am merely standing up for others right to express themselves and predicting the future.  :):)  Me thinks they have a stronger case than you since you resorted to demeaning and insults friend.

I'm so glad the forums have a white knight/seer like you. Wherever would we be without a such a benevolent and wise person? This isn't a debate; you are all cry- babies, and will be treated as such.

Angelmar put it best, it takes two hours to get everything you need for a three week campaign. If you think this is bad, just wait until you get your city burned to the ground in the dregs.

Will you be taking to the forums when your city worth hundreds of man hours is destroyed? 

On 8/15/2019 at 4:04 AM, Zirone said:

I will explain in more Detail what concern i have with the Import restriction

We in our Guild, Right now 15-20 People so not even small, have farmed up the complete first Campaign and have set up all crafters, so we can craft everything at complete max, so we can fight for the win. but Right now we are sitting in gods reach havin all crafters set up and like 200 stacks of ressources. so we have the choice to craft less good gear in gods reach and Import that and are not able to Import any Crafter Equipment oder harvesting Equipment. we have to select very well wich stack and wich Equipment we Import and have to set up all the rest up again in the Campaign. that is as i think just to much of effort to put in for the Outcome you get. 

don't get me wrong, i like the Point of having restricted Imports and Exports, but not so hart restricted, we Need About 6 Hours just to sort up our Things in the end of the last Campaign and get it exported. in Long term i am heading for Campaign with no Imports or Exports, but i think they are set up to be like 6 months Long that a completly different set up. i would be really happy if they just set the restriction for Imports just a bit higher like About 20, that would be fine.

and for the guys who counted all items a ranger Needs and ended with 12, you missed the neclace. i would highly recommend to you to use one if you haven't until now.

sorry for my english at some Points, i am not native speaker

Zirone Out

Your problem is that you assumed the point of having crafters was to craft outside the campaign. You were mistaken, and anyone who relied on this strategy was always mistaken.

Your crafter is an extremely powerful asset on virtue of just class, race, minors, and training alone.

You were never intended to simply enter campaigns with stacks of resources and never need to harvest.

According to Todd filters are currently in the works to explicitly prevent people from importing materials at all. The goal of imports was always to give you a way to hit the ground running with some equipment.

It was never to enter the campaign with a full bank of materials.

PopeSigGIF.gif

2 hours ago, Yoink said:

What if, for faction rule set only, imports for the next CW are based off performance in the previous faction CW?

1st place gets 0-5 imports for the next CW. (might actually need to be 6 so that a fresh GR new player can always bring in the basics.)

2nd place gets 10-15 imports for the next CW.

3rd place gets 25-50 imports for the next CW.

Might even get people to go to the losing side next CW for more imports.

What if we just stopped letting people and guilds choose factions and assigned them based on population so we don't have to rely on bribery and people giving a poorly made socks about winning to balance pop numbers.

PopeSigGIF.gif

18 minutes ago, PopeUrban said:

What if we just stopped letting people and guilds choose factions and assigned them based on population so we don't have to rely on bribery and people giving a poorly made socks about winning to balance pop numbers.

So alliances just form one guild to maintain the status quo.  

40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, mandalore said:

So alliances just form one guild to maintain the status quo.  

The current status quo isn't a population problem. Its a skill, organization, and bandwagoning problem.

The problem is that the winners always ending up on the same faction creates a too-predictable situation that encourages bandwagoning.

Being good at the game should result in wins. The problem is that winning in factions shouldn't make winning easier in the next campaign by default by virtue of the desire to coast to a win by people that aren't as good evacuating the other factions.

Were it load balanced all of these random small groups and individuals may easily end up in configurations that actually present some competition, or at the very least end up on the winning team without the stigma of bandwagoning to a victory.

Were that uberguild's numbers sufficient to justify classifying it as a population problem (and let me be clear, that is not the case right now) its pretty easy to cap guild membership numbers for faction campaigns and tell people if they want to have a bigger guild to go to dregs where the arena is more suited to their size.

Call me old fashioned but I don't think penalizing people for being good at the game is a good idea.

Edited by PopeUrban

PopeSigGIF.gif

Sign in to follow this