Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
boogis

Dedicated crafter

so my question is do you have to be a dedicated crafter (separate character)  or you can be both warrior and crafter?

Yeah you will want to have a vessel for crafting and one for combat cause they will have different stat requirements.

Posted (edited)

only stats? i mean can some warrior stats meet crafters stats? or they r always diffrent??

Edited by boogis

20 minutes ago, boogis said:

only stats? i mean can some warrior stats meet crafters stats? or they r always diffrent??

For sure.
There's a lot of overlap. Things like strength might affect your damage if you're a knight or champion, but also woodworking overall.

Depending on your class and chosen crafting profession, you could use one character for both.
The only thing you'll really want to keep in mind are secondary stats, which you can get an extra boost of from gear. So things like Crit damage, or extra Experimentation or Assembly.

231e101d88.jpg

that make sence but i didnt quite get what you mean about secondary. u meat they are those stats you get through the game and they also have effects? but i thought it not possible for warrior to have boost in intellect sort of thing, no?

41 minutes ago, boogis said:

that make sence but i didnt quite get what you mean about secondary. u meat they are those stats you get through the game and they also have effects? but i thought it not possible for warrior to have boost in intellect sort of thing, no?

Primary attributes, like strength, int, dex, etc.
Secondary stats like critical hit, attack power, support power etc.

Primary attributes will give you small bonuses to secondary stats.
But you will get more of a secondary stat from gear itself if it's well crafted.

When you gain a level, you'll get points to spend on attributes, and any class can spend them in any attribute.

For example, the time I was dumping INT on my champion, because I wanted to try something and also because it helped with my crafting.

doc2EIi.png

231e101d88.jpg

yes but you cant try everything right? there is no point to level up intellect for knight if you just wanna try intellect related craft. cos you knight dont need intellect and you better choose knight stats related crafting skill rather then just choose inapropriate stats. no?

1 hour ago, boogis said:

yes but you cant try everything right? there is no point to level up intellect for knight if you just wanna try intellect related craft. cos you knight dont need intellect and you better choose knight stats related crafting skill rather then just choose inapropriate stats. no?

I mean. You can. There isn't anything stopping you.

The stat you need is whatever you want it to be. As in my screenshot, for a champion, INT increases crit damage and DEX increases crit chance.

Since i was planning an Alpha Warrior, dex and crit chance weren't as important, as i can build up guaranteed crits through Dominance.

Likewise, strength was a more secondary stat due to the good amount of Attack Power increases through talents. At least that was my thinking.

Int for me was a good pick, because it helped my craft, and benefit the class i wanted to play.

Pre-alpha is a good time to try out things like this.

You're too hung up and standards and "meta"

231e101d88.jpg

yes, you can be a tank with a lots of int and it will help you to craft a magic books but do you really need it? is it valuble?

29 minutes ago, boogis said:

is it valuble?

That's for you to decide.

I'm not going to tell you how to play. Just giving you options 🤷‍♂️

231e101d88.jpg

5 hours ago, boogis said:

nah, there must be some rules, or i simply didnt get what this game is about )))

You seem to be missing the idea of multiple characters. You don't need to do everything on one vessel. Create one character with stats for crafting and another with stats for combat.

15 hours ago, boogis said:

nah, there must be some rules, or i simply didnt get what this game is about )))

You can train two lines and only one of them can be combat, so its up to you if you want to do combat/harvesting or combat/crafting or harvesting/crafting on your account.

You have either 3 or 6 total character slots, and due to the way disciplines work you are generally better off having separate characters for combat and crafting, however using the same character can sometimes be a good idea depending on which class and which type of crafting you want to do.

You don't HAVE to roll a separate characters for crafting as but it is usually (but not always) the best idea.

You can have a perfectly good crafter that is also good at combat if you choose to do so without sacrificing very much in the quality of your crafts if you choose to use a combat build with stats that would benefit crafting as most of the quality in crafted items come from the base stats, training, and gear of the crafter with only a very small amount coming from things that would impact your combat build like minor disciplines.

PopeSigGIF.gif

Rub rock on face and say "Yes food is eaten now time for fight"

On 8/15/2019 at 9:32 AM, boogis said:

for crafter you need:

1) alot of free spaces in bank

2) safety place to care resources and keep staying near crafting stations

3) special gear (armor + accessory at least)

4) lvling in account tree (crafting)

5) vessel with better stats for crafting

this mean you can't and won't go out of safety place and pvp with this character.

on the same way you can lvling at the same time: crafting/combat or crafting/gathering or combat/gathering trees.

with another character (vessel) builded for combat you can always do some pvp. this way you should lvling crafting/combat (you do not need another account )

1 hour ago, boogis said:

ok i want to have crafter/gatherer. what should i do?

lvling account skill tree crafting/gathering. this way you will suck in pvp

ps. usually crafters is the separated accounts coz they need alot of bank space.

crowfall pvp makkonMyrmidon statement: Out of Fury

Discord makkon#8550

Posted (edited)
On 8/19/2019 at 3:40 AM, boogis said:

hmm ok

Let me try to recap all the factors to take in consideration for crafting. Maybe it could help you understand a little bit more. If I'm off the track or if there is any errors bellow, please let me know and I will correct it.

1. The account skill trees:
    • You can leveled 2 trees at the time : Combat, exploration (harvesting) and crafting. 
    • The bonus gains thru the account skill trees are for all the characters.
    • Skills in those trees are a must for gathering and crafting. But, because you can only train 2 at the time, you need to sacrifice a portion of combat vs crafting vs gathering. That's why some people will get 2 accounts to maximize the use of the points. Considering the fact that the points gained for the skill trees are time based (meaning you gain points even when you are offline),  you can level 2 accounts at the same time.
      • First account leveling the skills tree of Combat and Gathering
      • Second account leveling crafting and something else 
  2. The vessels / race :
    • The vessels is something you can equip on a character base on the race. It represent the "body" of you soul. When you level up and gain point for your base stats (intelligence, strength etc.), it's link to the vessels. So, if you change the vessels on a existing character, you need to level up the new vessels from 1 to the max level. 
    • Some vessels have better stats for crafting, based on the race bonus. So for crafting, you could chose a race that fit better with what job you want to do has a crafter. 
    • For gathering : bases stats impact the gathering : strength for mining , dexterity for skinning etc. So depending on how you spend your points on the vessels, it could impact your gathering skills. I'm not sure if this impact the crafting.
  3. Discipline:
    • Discipline add skills, stats and passives to your character. Depending of the rarity of the discipline crafted/bought, it gives you certains bonus. 
    • Disciplines are equipped on your character. When you want to change a disciplines, you cannot keep the old one. You need to destroy it to equip the new one. 
    • Some disciplines are specialized for crafter, gatherer or for combat. 
    • Because you can't swap disciplines like you switch gear (equipped discipline need to be destroyed before changing it), crafters will get disciplines that give them bonus to crafting. So this is limiting you in mixing crafting, gathering and combat discipline.
  4.  Gear :
    • Gear can give you bonus to crafting, by increasing success chances, experimentation success etc. 
    • Dedicated crafters will focus on getting gear giving them the most bonus to crafting. Considering how time consuming it will be to get really good gear, getting combat gear and crafting gear of really good quality will be time consuming. This situation will be true for the ones with 2 accounts. 
  5. Min/Max:
    •  Dedicated crafters for guilds will focus on maxing all the possibles stats for their profession, based on the previous points. The impact of this is this will minimize the possibles stats for combats and gathering
    • Dedicated crafters in guilds will have group of dedicated gatherers to get high end mats. 

At the end, it all depends how and what you want to play.

You want to be a jack of all trade , combat / crafting / gathering : you will be able to enjoy the game, but you won't excel in one specific category. If you don't care about min/max or being a dedicated crafter/gatherer for a guild, it's perfect. 

It's important to remember that the game will be highly focus on grouping and guilds, based on the dependency of the triangle Crafter / Gatherer / Combat. 

If your main goal is crafting high end stuff, here what I suggest :

1. Choose 1 profession:  Blacksmith, jewel crafting, leatherworking etc.
  2. Focus you accounts skills around that profession.
  3. Based on the profession : choose a race that give you a bonus to it. That means you will be limited on the classes your can play.
  4. Find a guild where you will have gatherer and combat to help you. Support from other players is probably the main factor of succes for crafter. On the other side, you will have to provide crafting gear to those players. It's a loop of collaboration. 

I hope this can help you and other players in understanding what is impacting crafting in the game. 

Edited by warpigeon05
edditing