Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
CretinActual

So why the hell can Elken not be Druids?

Posted (edited)

I mean, ffs, it's like saying that no elves can be archers, or humans can't be knights. For some reason the bipedal elk humanoids that live in nature learned to be pyromancers, but not druids? What the elk guys

Edited by CretinActual

Lets apply logic to magic.  I get that foil lore hat states deer people should be druidish... but you gotta draw lines somewhere.

Has to do with the animation rig/skeleton I believe. Certain races share certain animation rigs. Then they animated certain rigs for certain class abilities. 

So I'm guessing they never did druid animations for whichever rig the Elken has and it would be a lot of work to do so. 

This goes for the war tribes also. You'll notice the Embarri are obviously centaurs and get all the same classes that centaurs do.

Satyrs are Elken. That's why you have knights, templars, clerics, confessors and rangers. 

Uguru are Minotaurs so there's myrm's, champions, and rangers. 

Arachoix are Fae which are assassins and druids. The Fae Knight was recently added so maybe we will see some Arachoix knights soon? Whenever the frostweaver comes out I imagine we will get an Arachoix frostweaver also.  

Druids use earth magic from the gods, Elken are men cursed to be deer for violating nature’s sacred groves.  Makes sense to me. 

40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, mandalore said:

Druids use earth magic from the gods, Elken are men cursed to be deer for violating nature’s sacred groves.  Makes sense to me. 

Per the CF lore, Mandy's got it right. Elken are not a natural race attuned to nature, they are cursed for corrupting it.

Edited by VaMei

10 minutes ago, VaMei said:

Per the CF lore, Mandy's got it right.

Confirmed, Mandy's Lore is CF lore. 

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

5 hours ago, mandalore said:

Ok, while that does make sense, it also leaves out the second half of that story which is:

"Yet D’Orion, the greatest hunter, proved to be elusive prey. For a hundred years, hunters came and hunters perished in that wood. No man proved to be his better. Eventually, Gaea’s heart softened and where once was there was anger, pride blossomed. D’Orion was not a rival; he was her great creation. She named him Son and gave him the gift of divinity. She offered him a seat at the table of the gods and had Kane fashion for him a winged chariot so that he could hunt the beasts of the sky."

So while it started as a curse, it eventually became a blessing of a sort. The Elken live in nature and became children of Gaea. So why can't they be Druids from a lore standpoint? 

5 minutes ago, CretinActual said:

So while it started as a curse, it eventually became a blessing of a sort. The Elken live in nature and became children of Gaea. So why can't they be Druids from a lore standpoint? 

As much as I'd love to see it, the last part of elken lore says there is still a curse over gaea's woods. So it's still probably just a lot of unsuspecting hunters and whatnot being transformed, rather than druids and such.

Actually lore-wise, you'd more likely have rat druids, i think.

231e101d88.jpg

39 minutes ago, CretinActual said:

Ok, while that does make sense, it also leaves out the second half of that story which is:

"Yet D’Orion, the greatest hunter, proved to be elusive prey. For a hundred years, hunters came and hunters perished in that wood. No man proved to be his better. Eventually, Gaea’s heart softened and where once was there was anger, pride blossomed. D’Orion was not a rival; he was her great creation. She named him Son and gave him the gift of divinity. She offered him a seat at the table of the gods and had Kane fashion for him a winged chariot so that he could hunt the beasts of the sky."

The first, D’Orion, was loved but the rest of the elken are cursed and hated. So he could be a Druid but not you. 

wiDfyPp.png

3 hours ago, Groovin said:

As much as I'd love to see it, the last part of elken lore says there is still a curse over gaea's woods. So it's still probably just a lot of unsuspecting hunters and whatnot being transformed, rather than druids and such.

Actually lore-wise, you'd more likely have rat druids, i think.

You might have Rat druids except for the bit where they didn't really exist as a sentient race until Gaea was dead. Remember her last act was to give them interlligence. Nothing left to give them nature magic.

It does beg the question of where their cleric powers come from though. Did they decide to start worshipping the allfather or what?

PopeSigGIF.gif

Rub rock on face and say "Yes food is eaten now time for fight"

4 hours ago, PopeUrban said:

It does beg the question of where their cleric powers come from though.

It raises the question, dammit.

IhhQKY6.gif

4 hours ago, PopeUrban said:

You might have Rat druids except for the bit where they didn't really exist as a sentient race until Gaea was dead. Remember her last act was to give them interlligence. Nothing left to give them nature magic.

It does beg the question of where their cleric powers come from though. Did they decide to start worshipping the allfather or what?

do clerical powers come from the all father or arkon, as gaea's husband it would make sense for the hamsters to worship him as the husband to their greatest god

19 hours ago, blazzen said:

Has to do with the animation rig/skeleton I believe. Certain races share certain animation rigs. Then they animated certain rigs for certain class abilities. 

So I'm guessing they never did druid animations for whichever rig the Elken has and it would be a lot of work to do so. 

This goes for the war tribes also. You'll notice the Embarri are obviously centaurs and get all the same classes that centaurs do.

Satyrs are Elken. That's why you have knights, templars, clerics, confessors and rangers. 

Uguru are Minotaurs so there's myrm's, champions, and rangers. 

Arachoix are Fae which are assassins and druids. The Fae Knight was recently added so maybe we will see some Arachoix knights soon? Whenever the frostweaver comes out I imagine we will get an Arachoix frostweaver also.  

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Jah said:

It raises the question, dammit.

I hole-hardedly agree, but allow me to play doubles advocate here for a moment. For all intensive purposes I think you are wrong. In an age where false morals are a diamond dozen, true virtues are a blessing in the skies. We often put our false morality on a petal stool like a bunch of pre-Madonnas, but you all seem to be taking something very valuable for granite. So I ask of you to mustard up all the strength you can because it is a doggy dog world out there. Although there is some merit to what you are saying it seems like you have a huge ship on your shoulder. In your argument you seem to throw everything in but the kids Nsync, and even though you are having a feel day with this I am here to bring you back into reality. I have a sick sense when it comes to these types of things. It is almost spooky, because I cannot turn a blonde eye to these glaring flaws in your rhetoric. I have zero taller ants when it comes to people spouting out hate in the name of moral righteousness. You just need to remember what comes around is all around, and when supply and command fails you will be the first to go. Make my words, when you get down to brass stacks it doesn't take rocket appliances to get two birds stoned at once. It's clear who makes the pants in this relationship, and sometimes you just have to swallow your prize and accept the facts. You might have to come to this conclusion through denial and error but I swear on my mother's mating name that when you put the petal to the medal you will pass with flying carpets like it’s a peach of cake.

Edited by Groovin

231e101d88.jpg

16 hours ago, CretinActual said:

Because Gaea is dead and so can't lift the curse off her woods. Mabye Cybele may be able to do so one day.

There are currently enough(-minus-one) races for launch. It won't make any sense to spend time and money to provide more combinations prior to launch. Let's get the Frostweaver first, then launch, then more. The current system provides much more than the initial 12 Archtypes anyways.

2W1ZHpA.jpg

8 hours ago, Kraahk said:

Because Gaea is dead and so can't lift the curse off her woods. Mabye Cybele may be able to do so one day.

There are currently enough(-minus-one) races for launch. It won't make any sense to spend time and money to provide more combinations prior to launch. Let's get the Frostweaver first, then launch, then more. The current system provides much more than the initial 12 Archtypes anyways.

But internet tears are delicious... 

You’re so nice, even when correcting what you believe to be poor judgement. You’re basically a Canadian Owl. 

wiDfyPp.png