Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
xxBLACKxx

Group Looting

Hi, relatively new to the game. Me and some family members have been going around and getting familiar with mechanics and what not. One thing that's sort of rubbing us wrong is no rolling on lot loot. It's just a free-for-all unless we're missing some option. Has this been discussed and something being worked on in the future or is that intended to remain that way? Even if we try to split the loot afterward, it's extra work that's just annoying. 

11 hours ago, xxBLACKxx said:

Has this been discussed and something being worked on in the future

Yes, it was mentioned on a livestream that the looting system is something they are working on (no details announced yet). Needs to be something that can work for safezones, factions and guild-based as well as for PvE and PvP. Open-world PvP looting works better with a FFA system, so they might have to split the design for best results.

tiPrpwh.png

Thank you, that's exactly what I was wondering. I know loot will be different for safe zones vs PvP, which makes sense, just wanted to make sure they had mentioned that they were aware and would do something about it at some point. Good to know. 😁

If you are killed in pvp, can the things you wear and carry be looted off your body?  Or is there a limited time to reclaim your possessions?

2 hours ago, djrob1000 said:

If you are killed in pvp, can the things you wear and carry be looted off your body?  Or is there a limited time to reclaim your possessions?

Your equipped items can not be looted. You're inventory can be looted after either a) you release your corpse, or b) they chop off your head.

If you are not looted you can get your inventory back by returning to your corpse/cairn. Chances are you'll be looted, though.

IhhQKY6.gif

Chop off your head !!!  LOL, thanks Jah.  Now I understand the banking system.  Lots to learn before I get my feet wet here-that's for sure.

Gnonni

This issue often at times keeps me from grouping with people. I'm usually out for a specific task and would often like to group up but because of the loot system its better off for me to go solo.

6 hours ago, bignick22000 said:

This issue often at times keeps me from grouping with people. I'm usually out for a specific task and would often like to group up but because of the loot system its better off for me to go solo.

Yea, that's definitely an issue in GR and 3-Faction rulesets - it needs some improvements because you want to encourage people to group in an MMO, not discourage because of loot drama.

tiPrpwh.png