Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Angelmar

The End of Nightcapping--Congrats ACE

4 minutes ago, mandalore said:

To me that just sounds like people who need to sub to a more consistent guild. Factions to me sounds like horde vs alliance with pre build political systems and safety nets for casual players.  What you’re describing is middle aged family players who don’t have the time commitment to be dregs players but don’t really fit into the niche of factions but don’t have a choice Bc the idea of subbing is anathema. 

Also this. Daddy mandalore can take care of me if I want to play soldier over a long summer or my guild gets too big for its britches.

PopeSigGIF.gif

Rub rock on face and say "Yes food is eaten now time for fight"

3 hours ago, Jah said:

Its not about trinkets. Its about giving feedback on game mechanics to make the game better.

I counter that for many it is about the trinkets. Some players are treating this like a launched game and the dev's offering ingame rewards of any type that will stay after alpha encourages this behavior.

You don't test drive a car you are thinking about buying by staying in the parking lot. You play the test like you plan to play the game or how else would you have any valid feedback on whether or not it's working.

10 minutes ago, PopeUrban said:

I'm not saying more activities isn't a good idea. I'm always for more sand in the sandbox. I'm saying that making campaign scoring elements in factions campaigns any more strategically complex than they are right now is unnecessary complication for no benefit.

When given the choice of dregs or factions, people are not playing a faction campaign to be patton and fight rommel. They're playing a faction campaign so they don't have to be patton because rommel is off annexing dregs.

I think the dev's should not waste any more time with factions. They wont work in current game structure and as soon as they release dregs, faction play will devolve into isolated players farming or grinding in peace. 

1 minute ago, mystafyi said:

I think the dev's should not waste any more time with factions. They wont work in current game structure and as soon as they release dregs, faction play will devolve into isolated players farming or grinding in peace. 

I can personally guarantee you this is not the case.

PopeSigGIF.gif

9 minutes ago, mystafyi said:

I counter that for many it is about the trinkets. Some players are treating this like a launched game and the dev's offering ingame rewards of any type that will stay after alpha encourages this behavior.

You can get the trinkets simply by logging in, chopping a tree or two, and crafting a basic axe. You can get the special gold rimmed trinket regardless of whether your faction wins or loses. This thread is not about trinkets, its about siege mechanics that encourage pvp rather than off-hours back-capping.

IhhQKY6.gif

9 minutes ago, PopeUrban said:

I can personally guarantee you this is not the case.

i would be surprised if factions and dregs were up at the same time once it comes out. It will prob be w and hoa and dregs and everyone else dodge to factions since w and hoa are on dregs.

2 minutes ago, Jah said:

You can get the trinkets simply by logging in, chopping a tree or two, and crafting a basic axe. You can get the special gold rimmed trinket regardless of whether your faction wins or loses. This thread is not about trinkets, its about siege mechanics that encourage pvp rather than off-hours back-capping.

I know that. I replied to your statement about trinkets, which was a reply to a post about trinkets and nightcapping. If you want to admonish me about going slightly off topic in page 6 of a thread, that's fine. But it seems kind of wonky to me since you would be doing the same thing by your logic.

2 minutes ago, mystafyi said:

I know that. I replied to your statement about trinkets, which was a reply to a post about trinkets and nightcapping. If you want to admonish me about going slightly off topic in page 6 of a thread, that's fine. But it seems kind of wonky to me since you would be doing the same thing by your logic.

I'm not admonishing you for going off topic. You quoted me where I said it's not about trinkets and countered that "for many it is." I provided some reasoning for how its really not about trinkets. This talk about trinkets seems like an attempt to dismiss the topic being discussed, which is siege mechanics to encourage pvp and reduce the importance of night capping to campaign scoring.

IhhQKY6.gif

1 minute ago, mystafyi said:

What exactly are you guaranteeing? 

As a duly appointed agent of his high holiness the king of balance and executor of the will of the monarchy, the commander of the motherland's chosen exiles personally guarantees that faction campaigns will not be free farming zones, nor will the monarchy brook the resurgence of a facile serfdom. For though the motherland's subjects are owed this land, should the need arise they will be tested, and if found wanting, re-educated in the face.

PopeSigGIF.gif

21 minutes ago, KatzeWeiss said:

You don't test drive a car you are thinking about buying by staying in the parking lot. You play the test like you plan to play the game or how else would you have any valid feedback on whether or not it's working.

As a tester you can give feedback on a family SUV and how you think that would work for it's target audience, even though you'd really rather buy a high-performance sports car. Giving feedback on how to make the family SUV more like a sports car isn't really what the testing phase is about :P

tiPrpwh.png

1 hour ago, KatzeWeiss said:

Unless the car is missing a tire, one headlight, breaks don't work, and there's a huge crack in the windshield. Then you sit in the parking lot pretending to drive while making vroom vroom noises waiting for someone to fix the dang thing.

1 hour ago, Marth said:

i would be surprised if factions and dregs were up at the same time once it comes out. It will prob be w and hoa and dregs and everyone else dodge to factions since w and hoa are on dregs.

That’s some truth.  Rip the scattered na guilds that were going to matter.

40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

2 minutes ago, APE said:

Unless the car is missing a tire, one headlight, breaks don't work, and there's a huge crack in the windshield. Then you sit in the parking lot pretending to drive while making vroom vroom noises waiting for someone to fix the dang thing.

Am I the only one who verbally went vrooooom vroooooom when reading this?

40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

1 hour ago, PopeUrban said:

As a duly appointed agent of his high holiness the king of balance and executor of the will of the monarchy, the commander of the motherland's chosen exiles personally guarantees that faction campaigns will not be free farming zones, nor will the monarchy brook the resurgence of a facile serfdom. For though the motherland's subjects are owed this land, should the need arise they will be tested, and if found wanting, re-educated in the face.

Surcease that nongermane affectation of pococurantism, and enunciate with brevity.

1 hour ago, miraluna said:

As a tester you can give feedback on a family SUV and how you think that would work for it's target audience, even though you'd really rather buy a high-performance sports car. Giving feedback on how to make the family SUV more like a sports car isn't really what the testing phase is about :P

I never said you had to play the game like me, I was responding to someone that said " Some players are treating this like a launched game " implying that that was somehow the wrong way to test. I get that the devs are aiming for somewhat of a sandbox experience, but you can't discount someone else's feedback on PVP mechanics just because you don't like PVP.

4 minutes ago, APE said:

If that's your opinion of the state of the game I suggest you actually take it out for a spin, it's definitely roadworthy even if it does drift to the side a bit.

22 minutes ago, KatzeWeiss said:

If that's your opinion of the state of the game I suggest you actually take it out for a spin, it's definitely roadworthy even if it does drift to the side a bit.

For me it more like the radio is stuck on one station, A/C doesn't work, my seat is stuck too close to the wheel, and I'm missing a few gears when trying to shift. Sure it gets me from A to B, but it isn't my idea of a great experience most the time. Can't see myself playing this come launch unless they deliver all the missing pieces and they actually function properly. Those looking for a bare minimum experience might settle, but I'd rather not try to fool myself.