Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
yianni

Multi boxing is really bad lately

@ACE_FancyHats @vkromas Is multiboxxing allowed in CF?  

40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

Posted (edited)

I don't see a reason why it won't be allowed.

The only info I could find in Terms and Conditions point 11. Obligations of the user

A user may not have several accounts for one game world simultaneously. However, the user is permitted to have one game account in several game worlds simultaneously. ArtCraft reserves the right to allow several game accounts per user for a game or individual game worlds. In this event, ArtCraft shall indicate this in an appropriate manner to the user. Accounts may not be sold, traded, gifted, or otherwise transferred at any time under any circumstances unless explicitly authorized by ArtCraft. A user may not share their account. A user may not disclose their password to anyone else.

Edited by SA1T

N99AWm7.png

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, mandalore said:

@ACE_FancyHats @vkromas Is multiboxxing allowed in CF?  

You act like no one does it

Regardless if it's allowed or not, I'm testing all aspects of the game. How else would I find issues like this . And there's something wrong with the client that's draining resources which wasn't there before

Edited by yianni

15 minutes ago, yianni said:

You act like no one does it

Regardless if it's allowed or not, I'm testing all aspects of the game. How else would I find issues like this . And there's something wrong with the client that's draining resources which wasn't there before

Not trying to sabotage you.  Some games allow it, some dont.

1 hour ago, SA1T said:

I don't see a reason why it won't be allowed.

The only info I could find in Terms and Conditions point 11. Obligations of the user

A user may not have several accounts for one game world simultaneously. However, the user is permitted to have one game account in several game worlds simultaneously. ArtCraft reserves the right to allow several game accounts per user for a game or individual game worlds. In this event, ArtCraft shall indicate this in an appropriate manner to the user. Accounts may not be sold, traded, gifted, or otherwise transferred at any time under any circumstances unless explicitly authorized by ArtCraft. A user may not share their account. A user may not disclose their password to anyone else.

So no, you can’t have multiple accounts in one world so no multiboxxing unless they give permission.

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

7 hours ago, mandalore said:

Not trying to sabotage you.  Some games allow it, some dont.

So no, you can’t have multiple accounts in one world so no multiboxxing unless they give permission.

lets be honest here there is a large amount of ppl who multiboxx on the same world. Clarification would be nice

9 hours ago, SA1T said:

In this event, ArtCraft shall indicate this in an appropriate manner to the user. 

the appropriate manner for me(the user) is silent approval. Devil is in the details.

1 hour ago, Marth said:

lets be honest here there is a large amount of ppl who multiboxx on the same world. Clarification would be nice

What clarification do you need?

The ToS is posted  in this thread Clearly saying it isnt allowed.

15 minutes ago, Toadwart said:

And yet ACE clearly allows it. Who doesn't have 2 accounts? Seriously, there cant be many active players that don't. 

18 minutes ago, Toadwart said:

Not specific enough. 

wiDfyPp.png

5 minutes ago, mystafyi said:

And yet ACE clearly allows it. Who doesn't have 2 accounts? Seriously, there cant be many active players that don't. 

Multiboxxing isn’t specifically the same thing as owning alts.  I could play ten alts one at a time and never multibox.  

1 minute ago, Jah said:

@Pann the tos says we can’t multibox while a video of JTodd/Blair says we can but only Bc you can’t stop it.  A rules clarification would be awesome. 

wiDfyPp.png

1 hour ago, mystafyi said:

I bet there are far more than you think. 

I think what they meant was that if you are playing 2 accounts and 2 separate computers, they can't stop you. But playing 2 accounts on the same computer is a ToS violation

giphy.gif

You Can't Be A Genius, If You Aren't The Slightest Bit Insane.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, mandalore said:

the tos says we can’t multibox while a video of JTodd/Blair says we can but only Bc you can’t stop it.  A rules clarification would be awesome. 

Seems clear.

You can own multiple accounts and you can run them at the same time as long as they aren't in the same game world. They said this in the video. Not sure it should matter if it is one PC or multiple.

Running 2+ in the same game world is not allowed. However there is a big difference between having a character sitting in stronghold crafting while another is out fighting compared to 2 identical characters side by side doing the same actions.

Typically the issue is when 3rd party hardware/software allows players to do things to gain an unnatural advantage. I don't know of any human that can control 10 MMO characters at once without outside assistance. While not very specific, the TOS has a line for this as well.

Use or dissemination of “auto” software programs, “macro” software pro-grams or other “cheat utility” software programs.

To me this covers botting and multi-boxing.

Shouldn't be too difficult to record/report people abusing this and have them dealt with. As far as those with crafter/fighter or whatever in the same game world, that is probably a fruitless battle for ACE and I doubt they'll waste resources fighting it. If someone is able to craft while in the middle of a siege, good for them I guess.

There is also a line for not using Bugs which I assume isn't enforced much due to the stage of development, but post-launch I hope reporting what has been rather obvious abuse in the past will result in punishment. 

Edited by APE

4 minutes ago, APE said:

Use or dissemination of “auto” software programs, “macro” software pro-grams or other “cheat utility” software programs.

To me this covers botting and multi-boxing.

No special programs are needed to run two clients on the same computer, so I don't see how that line covers multi-boxing.

IhhQKY6.gif