Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
yianni

Multi boxing is really bad lately

32 minutes ago, Jah said:

No special programs are needed to run two clients on the same computer, so I don't see how that line covers multi-boxing.

Multi-boxing is allowed in some form per the devs comments and the official rules that we agree to.

A user may not have several accounts for one game world simultaneously. However, the user is permitted to have one game account in several game worlds simultaneously.

2 accounts in 2 game worlds is fine. 2 accounts in 1 game world, not okay.

Take that a step further, 2 accounts in 1 game world and using assistance by 3rd party means is even less okay.

Problem is the terms and definitions we use.

1 account in an EK and 1 in a campaign is not the same thing as 2 accounts in a 1 campaign or 2 accounts in 1 campaign being run at the same time artificially. Yet this all falls in to the "multi box" term apparently.

ACE should clarify if needed, but shouldn't be shocking to understand most of this especially for anyone with any MMO or social gaming experience. None of this is remotely new.

If there is a bug allowing control of multiple accounts, that should be fixed ASAP. How ACE wants to police all of this is on them, but there shouldn't be much grey area.

Seems some adults still enjoy seeing how close to the line or over it they can get before someone has to step in. Some of us leave that behind in childhood :rolleyes:

Given Crowfall is action combat, it would effectively be impossible to multibox actively, but the unfair advantage multiboxing gives in Crowfall is through the passive training system and embargo system.  You could have every possible crafting and harvesting need covered this way with one "account" as your main focusing Combat, get around Import/Export and bank restrictions, and unfairly give yourself a level of self sufficiency.  I think there are a variety of things they could implement to help track for potential multibox abuse.  It may not always be worth the resources, but I'm sure they could track IPs for example quite easily, as well as who trades with who, log in/out events, what accounts show what kind of activity (such as, do they only ever seem to be on more than a minute of passive allocation and only harvest/craft?), and so on that could together point to multiboxing versus merely multiple people on the same internet connection.  I'm sure they could find out who is doing it if they wanted to and the resources for it.

1 hour ago, Deioth said:

Given Crowfall is action combat, it would effectively be impossible to multibox actively, but the unfair advantage multiboxing gives in Crowfall is through the passive training system and embargo system.  

you can not multibox and get the same advantage tho so im not sure the point. Using alts isnt against tos just having them on at the same time is. 

Here's an example of 2 account use I find totally acceptable:

- Login acct 1 at temple

- Login acct 2 at temple

- Character 1 initiates trade with Character 2

- Switch to Character 2 and accept trade

tiPrpwh.png

20 minutes ago, miraluna said:

- Login acct 1 at temple

- Login acct 2 at temple

Yep, although that would appear to be in violation of the ToS. Some clarification from ACE would help here.

IhhQKY6.gif

considering ACE doesnt enforce and actively allows some ToS breakage in game it would be good to get clarification if this part of the ToS is enforced in game or not

hoayaga2.jpg

7 hours ago, miraluna said:

- Login acct 1 at temple

- Login acct 2 at temple

I think its unacceptable.

You are paying extra for a mobile bank.

Its very much the mining, passing loot to the stealthed alt character that logs in and out so you are never in danger of getting ganked for your resources.

On 8/21/2019 at 12:00 AM, yianni said:

I used to be able to have 4+ accounts open, right now with 3 accounts my CPU spikes to 90% and almost full RAM. Tried to open a 4th account and the client crashed.

On 8/21/2019 at 4:16 AM, mandalore said:

Is multiboxxing allowed in CF?  

On 8/21/2019 at 1:52 PM, SA1T said:

A user may not have several accounts for one game world simultaneously. However, the user is permitted to have one game account in several game worlds simultaneously. ArtCraft reserves the right to allow several game accounts per user for a game or individual game worlds. In this event, ArtCraft shall indicate this in an appropriate manner to the user.

Multiboxing is one of those topics that comes up once in a while. If someone is interested in the discussion history, here are some examples from 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018. More or less all about it has already been told and discussed. Multiple times.

The Devs don't really want to have or support it,

but they know they won't be able to fully prevent it. They did some things that makes it harder or less useful to use multiboxing, though (like no tab-targeting). But explicitly forbidding something you can't really control only undermines the truth of your rules. So why doing it.
And another important base, since this will be a community-driven game, if the players don't like multiboxing, the may as well just take care of it themselves ... Multiboxer headhunt, following the all-you-can-eat and 5-in-1 principle ... in the end it's our choices.

So, no point to complain about not being able to multibox, because the game is not optimized for it. It isn't. And afaik it's not meant to, nor ever will.

As for the quoted rule - I am not a friend of paragraphs. Rules have to serve the people, not the other way around. So I think it's important to understand their base.

This said, it might be useful to know that this paragraph was not part of the original ACE rules. It was part of a one-to-one translation of the rules Travian used (and still uses) for it's own browsergame, when they joined in as EU publishers. Needless to say that the rules for a browsergame won't just magically fit for any MMO. The first version even didn't allow to have two accounts and it needed some month to make them change that for Crowfall.

The EU players had to accept the Travian rules. Much later some of them moved over to the official ACE rules. Now that Travian is gone, the rules still include some, uhm, funny things that may need a workover.

I would assume that the rules will get a(nother) review before launch and that we will have to accept them again before it gets hot. Before then I am not too worried about them. Up to now I accepted maybe 5 different terms (and I am really tired of reading them all in detail). And ... we are still in testing anyways, right?

As long as we give feedback about functions and disfunctions, report possible exploits and use some common sense, we should be fine ... until the game launches.

2W1ZHpA.jpg

22 minutes ago, Kraahk said:

Multiboxing is one of those topics that comes up once in a while. If someone is interested in the discussion history, here are some examples from 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018. More or less all about it has already been told and discussed. Multiple times.

The Devs don't really want to have or support it,

but they know they won't be able to fully prevent it. They did some things that makes it harder or less useful to use multiboxing, though (like no tab-targeting). But explicitly forbidding something you can't really control only undermines the truth of your rules. So why doing it.
And another important base, since this will be a community-driven game, if the players don't like multiboxing, the may as well just take care of it themselves ... Multiboxer headhunt, following the all-you-can-eat and 5-in-1 principle ... in the end it's our choices.

So, no point to complain about not being able to multibox, because the game is not optimized for it. It isn't. And afaik it's not meant to, nor ever will.

As for the quoted rule - I am not a friend of paragraphs. Rules have to serve the people, not the other way around. So I think it's important to understand their base.

This said, it might be useful to know that this paragraph was not part of the original ACE rules. It was part of a one-to-one translation of the rules Travian used (and still uses) for it's own browsergame, when they joined in as EU publishers. Needless to say that the rules for a browsergame won't just magically fit for any MMO. The first version even didn't allow to have two accounts and it needed some month to make them change that for Crowfall.

The EU players had to accept the Travian rules. Much later some of them moved over to the official ACE rules. Now that Travian is gone, the rules still include some, uhm, funny things that may need a workover.

I would assume that the rules will get a(nother) review before launch and that we will have to accept them again before it gets hot. Before then I am not too worried about them. Up to now I accepted maybe 5 different terms (and I am really tired of reading them all in detail). And ... we are still in testing anyways, right?

As long as we give feedback about functions and disfunctions, report possible exploits and use some common sense, we should be fine ... until the game launches.

That's fine, but there's still a big problem with the client. Have you seen how much CPU/RAM it's using? 

21 minutes ago, yianni said:

That's fine, but there's still a big problem with the client. Have you seen how much CPU/RAM it's using? 

recently? no. but i remember the bad old times. ;)

2W1ZHpA.jpg

1 hour ago, Toadwart said:

Its very much the mining, passing loot to the stealthed alt character that logs in and out so you are never in danger of getting ganked for your resources.

These are two completely different scenarios. A stealthed alt is out in the field; temple is not. 

1 hour ago, Toadwart said:

All he’s going is skipping the middleman (bank buddy). I see nothing wrong with it. 

And i hope I see someone logging a toon in the wild to trade with. Easy kill. Especially if it’s at the same location. Patience pays off. 

13 hours ago, Deioth said:

Given Crowfall is action combat, it would effectively be impossible to multibox actively, but the unfair advantage multiboxing gives in Crowfall is through the passive training system and embargo system.  You could have every possible crafting and harvesting need covered this way with one "account" as your main focusing Combat, get around Import/Export and bank restrictions, and unfairly give yourself a level of self sufficiency.  I think there are a variety of things they could implement to help track for potential multibox abuse.  It may not always be worth the resources, but I'm sure they could track IPs for example quite easily, as well as who trades with who, log in/out events, what accounts show what kind of activity (such as, do they only ever seem to be on more than a minute of passive allocation and only harvest/craft?), and so on that could together point to multiboxing versus merely multiple people on the same internet connection.  I'm sure they could find out who is doing it if they wanted to and the resources for it.

Having an active and supportive guild will always be more efficient than having multiple accounts.

I have 4 accounts. That allows me to train multiple crafting and harvesting trees in addition to combat. It also allows me 4 times as much storage, imports and exports. All well and good. However, it also requires 4 times as much time to level and gear the characters on those accounts. If I want to be good at all of those crafting professions, I need vessels, armor and jewelry for all of them. And since I am actively doing 4 different crafting professions, I need 4 times as much stuff, which uses up all that extra storage, import and export space.

Having multiple accounts enables players to be more self sufficient, but the player who is part of an active and supportive guild will easily surpass that solo player. I can't fight with all 4 accounts at the same time. When I'm out harvesting, I'm almost always on one account because it's too hard to manage 2 accounts in dangerous areas. I don't need a hidden mule because the character I'm harvesting on has stealth usually, and I can put stuff in the bank whenever I want. That will probably change, but it just means I need to be more careful, and recall more often to bank stuff.

Having more accounts doesn't make any individual character more powerful. It gives players more options, but not more power.

3 hours ago, Toadwart said:

I mean it matters what aces thinks not u.

48 minutes ago, Toadwart said:

We know what Ace thinks, its clearly spelled out in the ToS.

I was under the impression every other post in this thread was opinion.

jtod has given a different statement than the tos. 

Posted (edited)
55 minutes ago, Toadwart said:

We know what Ace thinks, its clearly spelled out in the ToS.

From the ToS:

ArtCraft reserves the right to allow several game accounts per user for a game or individual game worlds. In this event, ArtCraft shall indicate this in an appropriate manner to the user.

What ACE have indicated to the users:

On 6/29/2016 at 5:22 PM, Pann said:

Jess. Gordon and I discussed this policy. As Jess stated, we are in agreement that we will allow people to run multiple accounts in tandem.

Edited by Jah

IhhQKY6.gif