Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Adrienne

Details Tab in Inventory Screen

The Details tab has a lot of numbers related to just about everything, but I am unable to find out how to impact all of those numbers. Some are self-evident, but others are not. As an example, I currently show 0% for ore motherloads. I have no idea what impacts that number, but I’d like to raise it as I intend to work with a partner to mine them. Can someone point me to an explanation as to what drives this specific number, and what it really means? I assume that number is, at least in part, driven by the passive skill tree completion for excavation. 

Yes, there are skills in the excavation tree that increase your chance to get gems and minerals from ore and stone motherlodes, respectively. There is also a potion that will increase it for a short time (5% IIRC) and picks and hammers can be crafted to give +gems and minerals. All of that adds up to your percentage change of getting gems or minerals at any of the 4 break points in the node.

You don't necessarily need the training, the potion or the special tools though. It takes 2 or more people to harvest motherlodes, so if the other person has the training, just make sure that they are doing the most damage, as the game uses the stats from whomever does the most damage to the node. One of you will want to have the foreman disc also. You can harvest them without it, but you need really good tools.

The chance to get gems and minerals is separate from the chance to get ore and stone. Gem and mineral chance is unaffected by the seasons. You can get just as much in winter as in spring.

Another question: can one person in a two person mother load group run both foreman and villein, or does each person have to have the quarrying disc to make mineral harvesting work?

The Quarrying disc doesn't affect mineral drop chance.  It only increases the damage you do to the node and the rate at which you gain harvesting pips.  To get a full pip per hit, you need either a "main" major harvesting rune (miner, quarrying, etc.) or The Reaper minor. 

In addition to the items Arkade listed above, you can also consider taking a Connoisseur rune to your set-up, which adds an additional mineral harvest chance (+5%).

You only need one person (at most) to run foreman. Whoever has the best chance of getting gems and minerals, let that person run connoisseur and villein and the other person run foreman and villein.