Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
veeshan

Keep positions

Keeps realy need to be further apart from each other.
When there 2 minutes run from each other its kinda difficult for a smaller faction to have a chance at taking them since they can reinforce it with there entire force within a 5 minute period from when the side been spotted.
But anyway good fight at the keep we has 12 vsing what ever clams had seemed they had around the 2-3 group mark aswell so first 5 minutes or so was an fun fight till reinforcements came from the other :P

Veeshan Midst of UXA

11 minutes ago, Staff said:

smaller faction? we didnt get sieged by order though:huh:

i didnt say smallest, i said smaller which is Chaos and Order.  

Veeshan Midst of UXA

3 minutes ago, veeshan said:

i didnt say smallest, i said smaller which is Chaos and Order.  

i know what you said, but balance wasnt attacked by order so what other smaller faction is there:huh:

hoayaga2.jpg

Will say did enjoy the first 5 minute of that siege it was good, just a shame you dont get the evenish fights very often.

Veeshan Midst of UXA

Just now, veeshan said:

Will say did enjoy the first 5 minute of that siege it was good, just a shame you dont get the evenish fights very often.

We had 12, and only a single Earthkeeper among us.  There was no chance that we were going to win without help.

6 minutes ago, Hungry said:

We had 12, and only a single Earthkeeper among us.  There was no chance that we were going to win without help.

We had 12 as well, 1 cleric and i think hax might have had a single healer as well. you did have the guards help as well.

Veeshan Midst of UXA

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, Marth said:

thats alot more than order :c

Order not really a thing anymore its a shame really when all 3 sides had a somewhat balanced player base it was really fun. Now not so much its rare to find a good fight. 

Shame some guilds decided to go hard on the pre alpha instead of keeping things fun game wise.

Edited by veeshan

Veeshan Midst of UXA

Posted (edited)

Agreed. The distance between the keeps and gates to other keeps is too close. 

side A has only enough people to attack a single keep and side B has enough to have a small force at each keep defending. Side B know the other side can only attack the one keep. B just needs a small portion of the other 2 defending groups to reinforce. They don’t even need to be near the gate at the ready. A tree room battle, even when attackers overwhelm, takes longer than it takes those reinforcements to arrive  

Side A is a smaller force that owns one keep, side B has two. Side B only needs a small force to prevent side A from eliminating the bane trees until the rest of side B can melt their bane trees. They can then very quickly arrive to reinforce. Even if side A manages to wipe the original small force of B, the run from the other keeps is so short that A has a very small chance to melt their bane trees before B can get there. 

If side B has more forces than side A the advantage heavily favors B. The room for error on As side is very small where as B can fumble their way to victory. For B the strategy is brain dead easy. 

On the flip side, I appreciate how close the gates are to each other in general. I feel like far less time has been spent running this campaign. Which is the second worst part of crowfall, right behind skinning. 

Edited by oneply

Posted (edited)

Add more keeps and spread them out, embrace the run and scale. The six keep campaign was probably our most interesting and fun campaign. (At the same scheduled time, staggering them would negate the point.)

But yes overall reduce the ease of force projection and things will get more interesting.

Edited by Duffy

lPoLZtm.png

4 hours ago, Duffy said:

Add more keeps and spread them out, embrace the run and scale. The six keep campaign was probably our most interesting and fun campaign. (At the same scheduled time, staggering them would negate the point.)

But yes overall reduce the ease of force projection and things will get more interesting.

6 keeps with a low pop... why not just remove keeps and just make em forts at that point