Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
boogis

Whats a point of winning?

yes you are right. people need a small goall as well i didnt mention that cos i thought its obviouse with mmo, but i guess the golden middle is to have mixed them park and sandbox. cos im seek of wow type of games for reasons you ve mantioned and sandbox for having no goals at all, so mixter could be something like disign where you set your own goals but with wider possiblities, cos sandbox has also own goals its and illution that they dont have goals, for example ultimate goal can be richest player or best crafter or most dominant guild or best in arena, but those are goals without ultimate goal. in real world market money all are the same from first look but in fact all money have idea behind them, so when mmo give you goal to become rich for sake of being just rich and walk around a city like an idiot telling everyone - look at me im richest, its so childish, o nreal market all money have idea behind them. stongest army have idea behind them and they proyect idea not just people or houses or president. the image. 

8 hours ago, KDSProm said:

What dark fall did right was have limited ‘keeps’ that served as bases and could be taken and owned. Then imagine having mother nodes only inside the walls.

8 hours ago, KDSProm said:

And the strong could only get stronger.

This. As a team becomes dominant in a campaign, it should be *harder* for them to become more dominant, not easier.

Holding all the keeps & forts should result in the winning team spending most of their time running around just maintaining their holdings, while the loosing team with few or no holds to maintain can spend their time farming for loot & resources to build up and hopefully offer a challenge.

Well, I think you already got your answer, but the simples one is: There is not a point in winning, even in the real world, the true satisfaction lies within the experience.

6 hours ago, boogis said:

this how male looks when they try to ware cosmetics, we r not females you know. dont give me gay look give me power of idea which can dominate over the world and my rules which everyone will obey, build a temple of all-god with a roof shape i want to pick. not triangle, i said, i said sphare. this is the reason of fight between all religions - symble shape dominance even tho there is one god. 

690x889_0xc0a83925_20982381462026677.jpe

Some misogyny, narcissism, a dash of anti-homosexual bigotry and a heaping of religious zealotry all in one post.

40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

Posted (edited)

Chaos pretends it’s not a big deal to win/lose but they try so hard while trying so hard to look they aren’t trying so hard.  And then we crush them.  That’s enough for me.  Exports and baubles and trophies and EKlol stuff and achievements and whatever else couldn’t matter less to me.

@Jecht getting mouthy on the forums then finding him in the CW and turning him into a meme.  That’s fun.

@TowB saying he doesn’t cliff jump then hopping right off a cliff after losing to monchiezz harvester.  That’s fun.

Chaos zone locking out 76 of 100 spots in our keep zone only to get shut down anyways.  That’s fun.

uXa, the best ally any guild not in their faction could have, single-handedly motivating all of Balance playing CB to come back because they were trying to manipulate the score with cross faction exploitation.  That’s fun.

Three-shoting @yianni with balanced ranger.  That’s fun.

Why do we win?  Because we can.

Edited by Ble

7 hours ago, Ussiah said:

I am going to try to take this on a serious note even though it looks to be off the rails already.

I believe the best option for "winning" would be cosmetics or EK parcels.

For faction gameplay, I would have players have certain milestones to complete to get crowns or another cosmetic specific currency or just whatever the cosmetic reward was for that CW.

I would do the same for Dregs except give a full cosmetic / EK item that was NOT available in any other way. This would make winning dregs, which should be harder to do have a much more valuable and unique reward.

eks xd. 

1 hour ago, Ble said:

Chaos pretends it’s not a big deal to win/lose but they try so hard while trying so hard to look they aren’t trying so hard.  And then we crush them.  That’s enough for me.  Exports and baubles and trophies and EKlol stuff and achievements and whatever else couldn’t matter less to me.

@Jecht getting mouthy on the forums then finding him in the CW and turning him into a meme.  That’s fun.

@TowB saying he doesn’t cliff jump then hopping right off a cliff after losing to monchiezz harvester.  That’s fun.

Chaos zone locking out 76 of 100 spots in our keep zone only to get shut down anyways.  That’s fun.

uXa, the best ally any guild not in their faction could have, single-handedly motivating all of Balance playing CB to come back because they were trying to manipulate the score with cross faction exploitation.  That’s fun.

Monkey see monkey do ;)

2 hours ago, Ble said:

he jumped off 30 minutes ago when i brought 2.5 players to an outpost he and a buddy had

2 hours ago, yianni said:

1 shotting you guys is also fun when it works. Ranger needs buffed

Works about as often as death comes.

1 hour ago, Ble said:

Death is slow as poorly made socks.  Been in its way for a while now. 

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

1 hour ago, Ble said:

Death is slow as poorly made socks.  Been in its way for a while now.  Somebody help it along already...

wiDfyPp.png

21 minutes ago, Marth said:

death is coming

How is it getting here?  Does it have legs?  Needs to hurry up...

wiDfyPp.png

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Ble said:

Not even playing on US but aren't you guys not just winning because the two biggest veteran guilds is on the same faction, because they are too afraid to fight each other and get some actual competition? 

Just asking

Edited by PinkFluffyPanda

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, PinkFluffyPanda said:

Not even playing on US but aren't you guys not just winning because the two biggest veteran guilds is on the same faction, because they are too afraid to fight each other and get some actual competition? 

Just asking

Your ad hominem is showing.  

Just saying...

Edited by Ble