Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
TaeSilverfox

Ballad of Tenacity- The Filthy Traitor

"You filthy custard bastard.”

“I didn't find out till today that you're a filthy traitor”, Pakkrat said.

Chaos is a bitter, passionate faction filled with hot blood and traitors. Defeat stings but it stings even worse when you find out your close friends betrayed you… friends you thought would never leave.

“I really thought you had more gumption than that....” Pakkrat lamented.

The siege had went really well that spring evening. Really well if you were a part of Balance, if you were a member of the House of Avari, which I am. I had rained down arrows with my new vessel, empowered by my fellow traitor Heartsteel. Her avatar and my arrows brought more kills than I had ever garnered in any campaign prior, and I earned them all in a single fight. Balance is good.

Malekai is the patron god of traitors. He watches over and guides me. In my mind burns one desire, deeper than friendships, stronger than allies, and more ferocious than betrayal. It’s a madness really. Quite uncontrollable... the words haunt my mind: I will adapt, I will overcome. I will fail, I will succeed. I will work, I will find a way. I will not stop, I will not relent. I will dominate.

Fear is the enemy of the mind and death is a sweet song, a ballad I now play with my bow or occasionally with my bombs.

Royal Kitsune, “custard you Tae!”

His bitterness was well deserved. I had trained with Royal Kitsune on how to use the full power of the Archdruid. We had bonded as I explained the vessel’s strengths and weaknesses. I had been a friend, a mentor, and now I have just blown him up. It was quite precious to me. My first kill of this campaign.

I came upon Royal Kitsune shooting at a bane tree, trying to take it down. My smile turned wry, he was all alone, and I was behind him. Seeing it as a teaching moment I placed orb after orb atop his head. Spinning while I conjured the deep magics of the earth. Then after my final orb I stared at him surprised that he had not noticed anything at all. He was so focused on that one bane tree, and then I just blew him up.

“Bada boom”, I said.

Favor to Malekai.