Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Darksun_

3m melee, why not skill shot ranged

1 hour ago, mandalore said:

I meant as I’m finished game.  What released finished game has pulled it off. 

ESO did it post-launch for a short period of time. It had great performance in Cyrodiil with 100+ players on screen. After their lightning patch was released to make pve pretty and flashy performance went downhill and never recovered after that (at least while I played it, not sure if they ever managed to fix it afterwards). 

27 minutes ago, Rikutatis said:

ESO did it post-launch for a short period of time. It had great performance in Cyrodiil with 100+ players on screen. After their lightning patch was released to make pve pretty and flashy performance went downhill and never recovered after that (at least while I played it, not sure if they ever managed to fix it afterwards). 

If CF can’t run 150 on screen it’s DOA imo. 

40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

1 hour ago, mandalore said:

It'd definitely be DOA for me, that's for sure, but tbh it could probably survive even with crappy performance in large scale. I mean, didn't Albion survive? Their launch was pretty disastrous with servers melting and for all I know they still don't have stellar performance? People are just thirsty for MMOs and will probably just play it regardless while complaining about it. But it'll definitely affect the amount of people playing it and the success it can achieve for sure. 

On 8/29/2019 at 7:48 AM, mandalore said:

I meant as I’m finished game.  What released finished game has pulled it off. 

Several games are playable with larger numbers, but none have pulled off buttery smooth on a okay gaming machine with hundreds that I know of. Planetside 2, Albion, WoW, BDO, GW2, ESO, DAoC are a few that I've played with large fights, but usually there is some trickery or just straight FPS drops involved to not make it a complete slide show.

CSE seems highly focused on making Camelot the game that pulls it off. Testing with actual players with or without bots has shown what could be possible (I've witnessed it myself).

On 8/29/2019 at 9:39 AM, mandalore said:

"Run" is the key word. We talking 100+, 60, 30, 10 FPS? Plenty of games "run" with large numbers, but the performance can be great to garbage. I'll take a performance hit if the gameplay makes up for it. Spamming buttons in a room standing on top of one another is not a high quality experience IMO.

I don't need 150 on screen and running smooth. I don't need 150 people on screen period unless I'm looking down on them from a stronghold wall or something. Unless the UI and visuals are clean enough that it isn't a ball of name tags and particles blinding me (wasn't collision supposed to be a thing in CF?).

However, I do expect a server/map to be able to handle 150+ and for them to be within a close proximity without servers melting.

23 hours ago, Rikutatis said:

It'd definitely be DOA for me, that's for sure, but tbh it could probably survive even with crappy performance in large scale. I mean, didn't Albion survive? Their launch was pretty disastrous with servers melting and for all I know they still don't have stellar performance? People are just thirsty for MMOs and will probably just play it regardless while complaining about it. But it'll definitely affect the amount of people playing it and the success it can achieve for sure. 

Despite the AO devs saying it wasn't possible technically, they did end up improving performance a decent amount. Big difference is the game play is more forgiving then something like Crowfall where playing 20 FPS with tons of people on screen can still be acceptable.

Also AO has a lot more going for it feature wise and continues to add/improve where CF seems rather flat when it comes to concrete or alluded to plans.

Games need to go for quantity or quality, but preferable both. Don't see CF doing well if they drop the ball on both. In comparison, CU has the tech (so far) to support a lot of features.

14 minutes ago, APE said:

Several games are playable with larger numbers, but none have pulled off buttery smooth on a okay gaming machine with hundreds that I know of. Planetside 2, Albion, WoW, BDO, GW2, ESO, DAoC are a few that I've played with large fights, but usually there is some trickery or just straight FPS drops involved to not make it a complete slide show.

CSE seems highly focused on making Camelot the game that pulls it off. Testing with actual players with or without bots has shown what could be possible (I've witnessed it myself).

"Run" is the key word. We talking 100+, 60, 30, 10 FPS? Plenty of games "run" with large numbers, but the performance can be great to garbage. I'll take a performance hit if the gameplay makes up for it. Spamming buttons in a room standing on top of one another is not a high quality experience IMO.

I don't need 150 on screen and running smooth. I don't need 150 people on screen period unless I'm looking down on them from a stronghold wall or something. Unless the UI and visuals are clean enough that it isn't a ball of name tags and particles blinding me (wasn't collision supposed to be a thing in CF?).

However, I do expect a server/map to be able to handle 150+ and for them to be within a close proximity without servers melting.

If the game can’t run two large forces (the eventuality of the meta) then the game is doa.  150 is a good size fight if it’s two 60 man forces and then accounting for 30 or so whoever’s that just crashed it.  If the game can’t run larger sieges and letting the rest of the campaign play wherever they are then it’s going to be a bad launch.  What happens if there’s multiple sieges at once?  

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

1 hour ago, APE said:

Games need to go for quantity or quality, but preferable both. Don't see CF doing well if they drop the ball on both. In comparison, CU has the tech (so far) to support a lot of features.

CU seems to have some good things going for it, like the engine capable of supporting large scale and a good mentality from the devs (like no AoE caps and anti-zerg mechanics). I know DAoC was good back then for what it was and the time (I mean, DAoC almost two decades ago had better RvR mechanics than CF's faction ruleset at present). But the slow paced tab target combat and extremely slow development progress have been turning me off. Maybe when they lift the NDA and I can have a better look at it I might be more excited. 

9 hours ago, Rikutatis said:

CU seems to have some good things going for it, like the engine capable of supporting large scale and a good mentality from the devs (like no AoE caps and anti-zerg mechanics). I know DAoC was good back then for what it was and the time (I mean, DAoC almost two decades ago had better RvR mechanics than CF's faction ruleset at present). But the slow paced tab target combat and extremely slow development progress have been turning me off. Maybe when they lift the NDA and I can have a better look at it I might be more excited. 

Slow paced is better for the majority of gamers, which means more people which means has more time to bleed players.  

I really don’t wanna play RvRvR.  It’s my fallback if CF fails.  I gave them both a goodly sum but I want CF to give me those SB feels: sieges, politics, sabotage, betrayal and standing on a wall talking poorly made socks to the angry mob beneath me. 

Edited by mandalore

wiDfyPp.png

I would definitely like to see Crowfall tighten up its combat. Not just for ranged precision, but in general. I've said in the past I don't enjoy the very left click heavy mechanics each class uses. Its very basic at its core, and could use some love in that regard. Your skills are used mainly for debuffing/buffing and CCing. With the current state of retaliate a lot of those CCs are underplayed. Entire specs are broken currently because of one ability. 

I would have definitely of liked to have seen the CF team continue on from the Hunger Dome refining its action combat style with fluid animation locks, to really put some weight behind each ability press. Unfortunately as others have said they dropped that iteration of the game for a much more basic and "floaty" style they employ now. 

I do not agree with people saying CF employs politics or sabotage or any type of play like that - currently. The only things that matter in CF at the moment are numbers and the stats in your details page being capped. I would say skill as a player is very low on the totem pole for contributing to winning fights. Unfortunate to say, but that is just how I feel and what I have seen having played on all three factions in the past month or so. Is this bad or good? I think the current state of the game would argue for the former rather than the latter. 

I do look forward to seeing CF progress as a game and iterate on things like combat. But I feel they have a ways to go to bring truly tactical or skillful play forth - hopefully both.